Correct The Unlawful Legal System - they're just a bunch of CTULS

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Correct The Unlawful Legal System - they're just a bunch of CTULS

Post by eric »

Warning - some topic drift. I haven't written up this guy yet, he's Canadian, but I believe he holds the record for most gurus in the shortest period of time. Anyways, quick summary, Paul Kaluba doesn't like authority and he likes to drive really really fast.

Under the tutelage of Christopher James he decided not to pay his property tax with the inevitable conclusion:
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onarb/doc/ ... ultIndex=1
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onarb/doc/ ... ultIndex=2
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onca/doc/2 ... ultIndex=3
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onscdc/doc ... ultIndex=4
Oh, regarding his driving? There are a few magnificent stretches of four and six lane highway close to him - I've driven them many times and late at night you can double the posted speed limit and hope you don't get caught. He did, and tried to run. Guru switch to Kevin Annett:
https://republicofkanata.org/2021/01/19 ... isolation/
And that didn't work out so now he is hooked up with these guys:
https://www.facebook.com/dievergent5/
One of the main organizers of dievergent5 is Darren Clifford:
https://www.facebook.com/darren.clifford.756
and yes that is Dean Clifford's brother and is the sibling who actually knows something about carpentry. I apologize for talking about Canadian matters on a UK thread but if I told you he is also a member of the Common Law Court UK and International maybe that would satisfy you.
https://www.commonlawcourt.com
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Whoops, spelling mistake, It's Paul Kuleba, or as he prefers to be known, PK Hammer. :roll:
mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by mufc1959 »

"But... but.. officer, I've sent an affidavit!"

The affidavit in question is this piece of drivel from Baron Von Trampbeard David Ward.

https://docdro.id/q181QFF

For reasons I've still not been able to fathom, CTULS are obsessed with him and see him as some kind of saviour when all he did was spam Warrington Council with so much garbage that they decided it was cheaper to write off his parking ticket than spend hours of working time dealing with his nonsense.
longdog

Post by longdog »

They're going to have fun getting the car back when it does get seized... What with them having registered it in somebody else's name and all that.

I suppose they could admit to having broken the law by registering somebody else as a keeper but I doubt that would help anyway.

Plus they've probably invalidated the insurance if there is any.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

What I say to people like "Adele Clark": "If you want me just to agree with you, please tell me so up front. Saves time."
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:04 pm They're going to have fun getting the car back when it does get seized... What with them having registered it in somebody else's name and all that.
And all the speeding tickets, parking fines and tickets, and bus lane fines going to the wrong address.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

Which, as we all know, means they won't have to pay them as that's definitely how the world works.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

The affidavit in question is this piece of drivel from Baron Von Trampbeard David Ward.
In light of subsequent events, this passage is rather sadly prophetic.
There is no greater Sanctuary than the human home, be this home a castle or a wood hut or a blanket on the ground.
Paradigm67
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Paradigm67 »

mufc1959 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:45 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I'm getting a bit soft in my dotage but this breaks my heart. This is obviously someone who hasnt benefited from any education in critical thinking and doesnt have any intellectual defence against this.

To honestly think that any legitimate company would entertain this shows a childlike naivete and Angel will be picking up his P45 in due course if he carries on down this route.

I know we have to let people find out the hard way but its like filming a nature documentary and watching a small animal get eaten in the most painful way by a predator and not intervening.

Maybe its time for a break from the internet!
longdog

Post by longdog »

I don't suppose there's much harm in asking the employer to stop deducting tax other than showing the employer they have employed an idiot. It's what happens after they say "No" that's going to be the interesting bit.

If they start the three / five / seven letter process with the usual insane bollocks and threats, or something long those lines, the employer is probably going to stop deducting tax permanently by the simple expedient of firing them.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

longdog wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:46 am
If they start the three / five / seven letter process with the usual insane bollocks and threats, or something long those lines, the employer is probably going to stop deducting tax permanently by the simple expedient of firing them.
The process on CTULS is Baron von Trampbeard's 65-page Affidavit setting out the 'claims', followed by an 'invitation to withdraw' said claims, followed by a lien if the claims aren't withdrawn. A few years ago a disgruntled footler served a lien on me at work (via email). Our Chief Counsel, never having come across such quasi-legal drivel, was baffled until I showed her a few of the threads on here. We ignored it, never responded and as anticipated nothing more was ever heard about it.

It's really worth creating a CTULS Facebook sockpuppet to hang around on there. One of the main topics is people getting their gas and electricity meters removed and replaced by ones they've bought off Ebay. There's a Telegram group (I'm not on there) set up by a couple of contractors who'll do the job for a few hundred quid. The process, apparently, is that you contact your supplier and tell them you no longer need them to supply you, get someone to replace your meters and then after that it's ALL FREE! And the reason it's ALL FREE is because it's supplied via the National Grid, so it's all paid for from our taxes. The cognitive dissonance between having something paid for out of your taxes and then deciding you don't actually want to pay taxes is something that's bypassed the CTULS.

The reality, as I understand it, is that if the existing supplier isn't contacted by a new supplier within six months, the supply is then disconnected. So I think a few people are going to have a rude awakening in the autumn, even if they think they've got away with it and can have free energy without consequences.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

I suspect that this has been mentioned before, but isn't a gas meter involved in regulation of the mains gas pressure to a property?
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

There's a Telegram group (I'm not on there) set up by a couple of contractors who'll do the job for a few hundred quid.
I'm sure they're Gas Safe registered and everything...

But just in case - Concerns & Reporting Illegal Gas Work

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/gas-s ... -gas-work/
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Wakeman52 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:42 pm I suspect that this has been mentioned before, but isn't a gas meter involved in regulation of the mains gas pressure to a property?
Regulator is separate from the meter. When sorting my dad's old house there was a leak from the meter. The shut off was a thumbscrew & couldn't be shifted.
Called National Grid on the emergency number & they were on it within an hour. As the house was unoccupied they just hacksawed it off live & stuck on a new regulator which with current regulations has to be on a flexible pipe. Here's mine below.
Swapping these is a semi skilled job, I'd hazard a guess the people doing it are ex Smart Meter fitters.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

mufc1959 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:45 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

If this action is perfectly legal, if little known, as you seem to think it is, why do you need to wait until your probationary period is over?

I'm no expert in UK taxation, but here in the US, asking your employer to change the number of dependents you claim, thus lowering the amount of income tax withheld, is perfectly legal and is a normal part of the process of becoming an employee.

Asking your employer to stop withholding income tax altogether, however, is very problematic, whether you are a probationer or not.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

noblepa wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:57 am I'm no expert in UK taxation, but here in the US, asking your employer to change the number of dependents you claim, thus lowering the amount of income tax withheld, is perfectly legal and is a normal part of the process of becoming an employee.
I can only reply as a tax payer, I have no special knowledge, but after the UK income tax system went over to individual taxation it only has 3 allowances. Personal, married, and blind persons. There are no allowances for children or dependents. HMRC send the employer the employees personal allowance code (mine is currently 1250L which is the standard personal allowance of £12,570) and it is this that is used to deduct income tax, not a multiple choice selection. There are other taxes such as NI and student loans, and deductions from gross such as payroll giving schemes and pension contributions.

There are many places where the whole "scheme" falls down, but the final nail is that if the employee wants to take the "self-employed" route and come off PAYE, the employer will still be sending details of their gross earnings to HMRC and they also have a legal obligation to report changes in circumstances, plus the mandatory end of year payroll reports.

And of course, a self-employed contractor loses their standard employment rights. Even though they've been watered down over the years, an employee (unlike in the US) still has some very good statutory rights.

This is one of the situations where I don't feel sorry for the idiots who fall for it. They know what they are doing. They are not being innocently duped.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:50 am
noblepa wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:57 am I'm no expert in UK taxation, but here in the US, asking your employer to change the number of dependents you claim, thus lowering the amount of income tax withheld, is perfectly legal and is a normal part of the process of becoming an employee.
I can only reply as a tax payer, I have no special knowledge, but after the UK income tax system went over to individual taxation it only has 3 allowances. Personal, married, and blind persons. There are no allowances for children or dependents. HMRC send the employer the employees personal allowance code (mine is currently 1250L which is the standard personal allowance of £12,570) and it is this that is used to deduct income tax, not a multiple choice selection. There are other taxes such as NI and student loans, and deductions from gross such as payroll giving schemes and pension contributions.

There are many places where the whole "scheme" falls down, but the final nail is that if the employee wants to take the "self-employed" route and come off PAYE, the employer will still be sending details of their gross earnings to HMRC and they also have a legal obligation to report changes in circumstances, plus the mandatory end of year payroll reports.

And of course, a self-employed contractor loses their standard employment rights. Even though they've been watered down over the years, an employee (unlike in the US) still has some very good statutory rights.

This is one of the situations where I don't feel sorry for the idiots who fall for it. They know what they are doing. They are not being innocently duped.
This wheeze would in any case, I think, be classed as tax evasion rather than avoidance. Many people don't realise the difference. Penalties for evasion are harsh.

In addition, being self-employed, although ostensibly attractive, can still lead to being personally liable for bad workmanship as well as tax. A CCJ will do nothing for a credit record.

As someone who operated a service company (subject to Corporation Tax & PAYE) in the UK for over 25 years, (and before that worked for what was then the Inland Revenue), there aren't many options to avoid liability to tax for most folk. After HMRC introduced the scheme still referred to as 'IR35' in the late 1990s, contracts for the supply of services via such a vehicle had to be carefully drafted to avoid flat-rate PAYE deductions before the service company received payment. Often, short-term ones (a few days, a week or 2, a month) were used, so as to avoid being classed as an employee of the company to whom services were contracted. Claiming back these deductions could be problematic, because HMRC had to be convinced that they were incorrectly made. Many companies reduced their use of contractors; where project managers had previously engaged the company with a purchase order, engagements were turned over to HR depts. These were used to dealing with employees and often failed to change their mind-set.

Then there's VAT. I look at 'Making Tax Digital' and think myself lucky that I don't have to deal with it.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Martin Lewis has felt the need to debunk 'conspiracy theories' about removing your utility meters
Money saving expert Martin Lewis has hit out at a 'conspiracy theory' he has seen being shared about gas and electricity meters amid the current chaotic climate of spiralling energy bills.

The finance guru took to Twitter to warn his followers about the nutty nonsense that's been spreading among certain circles which seems to relate to energy meters in people's homes.

Speaking to his army of followers, Martin Lewis

"There's a conspiracy theory suggestion I keep being asked about that energy charges are 'for having a meter' not for fuel use. Therefore 'remove the meter & you use energy for free'. It's just nonsense.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/uk- ... y-23594884

Incidentally, that hanging 'Martin Lewis' in the 3rd para is as in the original. The level of illiteracy on local news sites is getting worse almost by the day.
Paradigm67
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Paradigm67 »

Wakeman52 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:11 am

This wheeze would in any case, I think, be classed as tax evasion rather than avoidance. Many people don't realise the difference. Penalties for evasion are harsh.

In addition, being self-employed, although ostensibly attractive, can still lead to being personally liable for bad workmanship as well as tax. A CCJ will do nothing for a credit record.

As someone who operated a service company (subject to Corporation Tax & PAYE) in the UK for over 25 years, (and before that worked for what was then the Inland Revenue), there aren't many options to avoid liability to tax for most folk. After HMRC introduced the scheme still referred to as 'IR35' in the late 1990s, contracts for the supply of services via such a vehicle had to be carefully drafted to avoid flat-rate PAYE deductions before the service company received payment. Often, short-term ones (a few days, a week or 2, a month) were used, so as to avoid being classed as an employee of the company to whom services were contracted. Claiming back these deductions could be problematic, because HMRC had to be convinced that they were incorrectly made. Many companies reduced their use of contractors; where project managers had previously engaged the company with a purchase order, engagements were turned over to HR depts. These were used to dealing with employees and often failed to change their mind-set.

Then there's VAT. I look at 'Making Tax Digital' and think myself lucky that I don't have to deal with it.
MTD isn't that difficult actually, pretty much all of the popular accounts packages have it built into them and once you have set them up with your details, its pretty much a case of pressing a couple of buttons.

Obviously, it depends on whether you keep the information up to date but if you're running a business, this should be a given ( but not always).

The other one , which is more of a pain, is the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) which is on its third version since I started over 30 years ago. This can be a ball ache as different contractors/subbies have different rates of deduction and now we have the reverse charge system for VAT as well, to avoid large scale VAT fraud.

PAYE is now all done using RTI software and means that you cant hang onto it (like we used to do in the old days to help cashflow) without incurring penalties.

My only bugbear is that HMRC still sometimes get it wrong and theres no easy system in place to address these but my inner conspiracy theorist says this is done on purpose because most people would rather send a payment for £30 rather than spend 2 hours on the phone!

Edited for spelling