Hayley the Queen of freedom

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

carobee57
Swabby
Swabby

Hayley the Queen of freedom

Post by carobee57 »

has anyone else seen this woman on you tube? There is some Olympic standard batshittery going on here. Her many phone calls to the various people that she owes money too are comedy gold, are there really people out there who believe this nonsense??
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Hayley the Queen of freedom

Post by longdog »

Looking through her videos I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see one of Tommy Stephen Yaxley-Lennon Robinson.

As I've said many times before. Scratch a freetard and as often as not you'll find a fascist.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Just regurgitating the same old nonsense that many others before her have spouted.

The people she rings should just hang up once she starts talking rubbish.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
longdog

Post by longdog »

letissier14 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:44 pm The people she rings should just hang up once she starts talking rubbish.
These people only ever seem to post recording of their calls to utility companies, public bodies and the like that have policies that require excessive politeness to the nutters. You never hear recordings of them phoning the local garage or builder, who will have no problem telling them to go fuck themselves, or their crack dealer who will come round and break their kneecaps.

I'm pleased to say I have never worked anywhere that didn't have more reasonable policy of hanging up on customers who were being arseholes.

I do get a very childish kick out of abusing the obvious policy that Indian scam call centres have of not allowing their drones to hang up a call. I will happily demonstrate my extensive vocabulary of obscenities and insults, some of them in Hindi, until I get bored or need do something else. Actually... I do that to English cold callers too but they usually take offence and tell me I have no right to insult and abuse them...I do... It's my phone, they phoned me and short of death threats I can say what I like. :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

longdog wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:48 pm Looking through her videos I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see one of Tommy Stephen Yaxley-Lennon Robinson.

As I've said many times before. Scratch a freetard and as often as not you'll find a fascist.
I have come to realise that the political spectrum is not linear, stretching away from the centre in a straight line. I now tend to favour the horseshoe configuration with the loosely defined “centre” occupying an arc of around 120 degrees whilst behind your normal field of vision the extremes of left and right move closer to each other than they would care to admit. The would of course vehemently deny this, but they do share a number of characteristics.
longdog wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:18 pm [quote=letissier14 post_id=293747 time=<a href="tel:1652795089">1652795089</a> user_id=28647]
The people she rings should just hang up once she starts talking rubbish.
I do get a very childish kick out of abusing the obvious policy that Indian scam call centres have of not allowing their drones to hang up a call. I will happily demonstrate my extensive vocabulary of obscenities and insults:mrgreen:
[/quote]

I confess to not feeling obliged to be polite to scammers. After all, if one can make the experience of them calling you so unpleasant that it discourages them from that line of work you may have done some good.

TheRambler
longdog

Post by longdog »

TheRambler wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:29 pm I have come to realise that the political spectrum is not linear, stretching away from the centre in a straight line. I now tend to favour the horseshoe configuration with the loosely defined “centre” occupying an arc of around 120 degrees whilst behind your normal field of vision the extremes of left and right move closer to each other than they would care to admit. The would of course vehemently deny this, but they do share a number of characteristics.
All very true I'm sure. Something I'm not so sure about is what I perceive to be the tendency of the freetards, who almost inevitably are conspiracy theory lovers, to be well towards the far right politically. This may very well be confirmation bias, as I am after all a pinko commie subversive, but I don't think it is. If I am right I'm not sure how cause and effect work but I'd guess there's some link between the far right and gullibility which doesn't apply in the same way or to the same extent as the left. It could just be that the far left, or the left in general, are just not as adept at hooking the gullibles as the far right.

I confess to not feeling obliged to be polite to scammers. After all, if one can make the experience of them calling you so unpleasant that it discourages them from that line of work you may have done some good.
I'm not sure I've ever used that justification but I will from now on 8)
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

TheRambler wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:29 pm
longdog wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:48 pm Looking through her videos I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see one of Tommy Stephen Yaxley-Lennon Robinson.

I have come to realise that the political spectrum is not linear, stretching away from the centre in a straight line. I now tend to favour the horseshoe configuration with the loosely defined “centre” occupying an arc of around 120 degrees whilst behind your normal field of vision the extremes of left and right move closer to each other than they would care to admit. The would of course vehemently deny this, but they do share a number of characteristics.
I learned that during my freshman year of college (1969-70). In my sophomore year, my last roommate, a hardcore libertarian, got very upset when I told him how close his views to those of anarchists, since both groups want to go about their daily lives with, at most, a "night watchman" government.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:11 ammy freshman year of college (1969-70)
Mine too. Did you pay a visit to DC for the Moratorium?

We're old.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:19 am
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:11 ammy freshman year of college (1969-70)
Mine too. Did you pay a visit to DC for the Moratorium?

We're old.
I was at a military college, and did not have that kind of freedom. However, if you Google "Norwich University Flagpole Incident," I was involved with that one.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:11 am I learned that during my freshman year of college (1969-70). In my sophomore year, my last roommate, a hardcore libertarian, got very upset when I told him how close his views to those of anarchists, since both groups want to go about their daily lives with, at most, a "night watchman" government.
In that analysis, you are assuming that libertarians and anarchists are in different wings. But I think we're getting into politics here.....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:47 am
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:11 am I learned that during my freshman year of college (1969-70). In my sophomore year, my last roommate, a hardcore libertarian, got very upset when I told him how close his views to those of anarchists, since both groups want to go about their daily lives with, at most, a "night watchman" government.
In that analysis, you are assuming that libertarians and anarchists are in different wings. But I think we're getting into politics here.....
No; it was after realizing that the political spectrum is essentially circular, rather than linear.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Circular and vague on the individual level. I'm very liberal and progressive on most things but I'm an outright Presbyterian fascist when it comes to gambling. When (not if) I become Lord High Chancellor one of my first edicts will be the closing of all betting shops.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

the political spectrum is essentially circular, rather than linear
I think it's a bit more complicated than that. It makes more sense to consider there being two axes, one going from authoritarian to libertarian, and one from capitalism/inequality to communism/equality. Thus anarchists would be at the opposite end of the 'economic' scale from libertarians despite being very close on the 'freedom' one.

If you think fascists and ultra-leftists are the same, you misunderstand both, and that has implications when confronted with them.

So where would we place FMOTL types on this graph? I'm not sure you can, because their ideology is such a half formed and inconsistent thing. As far as I can make out, they have no coherent ideas about how society and the economy should operate, other than that it should be in a way that allows them lots of sweets and no bedtimes.
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:41 pm As far as I can make out, they have no coherent ideas about how society and the economy should operate, other than that it should be in a way that allows them lots of sweets and no bedtimes.
Probably the best concise description of footlerism I've ever read.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:52 pm No; it was after realizing that the political spectrum is essentially circular, rather than linear.
It's more square than circular.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/

Now, it's more of personal interest than anything else and I'm not suggesting that forumites post their own ratings, but I've been doing this for the last 20 years and I have been surprised by how little my score has changed over the decades. On individual subjects I think I have changed opinion but I still come out within a margin of error to the same place!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

It would be genuinely interesting to know where a selection of FMOTL's would sit on that compass.

Would they scatter or cluster? If they clustered, where would it be?
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:03 pm It would be genuinely interesting to know where a selection of FMOTL's would sit on that compass.

Would they scatter or cluster? If they clustered, where would it be?

I’m not sure that they are coherent enough to be positioned with any sort of consistency.
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

For best results you need a triaxial system with a wingnut-to-moonbat arm as well.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:21 pm
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:52 pm No; it was after realizing that the political spectrum is essentially circular, rather than linear.
It's more square than circular.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/

Now, it's more of personal interest than anything else and I'm not suggesting that forumites post their own ratings, but I've been doing this for the last 20 years and I have been surprised by how little my score has changed over the decades. On individual subjects I think I have changed opinion but I still come out within a margin of error to the same place!
It works, both ways.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I love when they post titles, e.g. "Queen of Freedom". I wanted a title myself, but was told it was "Catfeeder".