May 21, 2011

Open discussion forum about NESARA, Dove of Oneness, Patrick Bellringer, Truth Warrior and all the others spinning the NESARA tale. Includes the latest rumors about the Galacticans comings to Earth and Jennifer's blood ozonation machine.

Moderator: Deep Knight

Deep Knight

May 21, 2011

Post by Deep Knight »

The NESARA folks might have had their fingers burnt a few too many times naming dates ("no dates, no nukes, no flukes") but that doesn't mean everyone does...

Doomsday prophet: End of the world is on schedule

It had been a few months since I dropped in on Harold Camping, the Oakland minister who believes the world will end May 21.

I was happy to see that Camping, a more frail 89 years than I had remembered, had at least maintained his apocalyptic sense of humor.

"I thought you were dead!" he said as we sat down in his office.

"Only a few more months," I responded.

Camping wagged a finger at me. "One hundred twenty one days."
Take that, George Lucas.

Take that, George Lucas.

Since our last visit, Camping's lights-out prediction had gone global -- much to his enjoyment. As the final date approaches, he's been swamped with media requests. He wedged our meeting among interviews with the Times of London, a score of bloggers, television producers and a Philadelphia morning zoo radio show.

"My life is not my own these days," he said. "I have no time for fun or pleasure. It's all about the interviews."

It was a good time to talk Armageddon. In the past few weeks, flocks of birds had fallen from the skies, persuading those unconvinced by the laws of science that it was, in fact, a sign of The End of Times.

"I didn't read anything in the Bible that talks of birds dying off as a sign," Camping said. "That's mankind doing the talking, not the Bible."

Director George Lucas had also reportedly given his blessing to the notion that the Mayan calendar's 2012 doomsday prediction was on target.

Camping offered what sounded like a practiced sound bite to respond to the Lucas report. "Phooey," he said. "Like a lot of people, he grabs at 2012 because he needs something to believe in. But it's all speculation."

What remains unquestioned, in Camping's mind, is that the world will come to an end in a matter of weeks. Each time I've met with him I've asked him if this makes him sad. Or angry. Or anything else but delighted.

"I gotta admit," he said, "that I do find myself thinking more and more about how short the time is. And how it goes by so quick. It's as if the mind is not capable of comprehending this."

Outside his office, Camping's employees were busy hand-washing a new fleet of RVs emblazoned with Bible verse and the proclamation, "May 21, 2011: Judgment is Coming!"

Above the passenger side door on each RV, one of of those red anti-circles was painted over "2012." The popular 2012 myth, as Camping dismissed it, at least served as an entry point for his followers to discuss the true Armageddon with the curious.

The five-vehicle caravan was headed to Florida the following week. Along the way they'd stop in small towns and big cities to share Camping's proofs and try to save as many souls as possible.

According to Camping's reading of the Bible, only those who are saved will enter heaven May 21.

"You better start pleading with God now," Camping warned. "He doesn't save people who are egotistical."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/las ... z1DYteSP2x

How did he work this out?

Meaning in numbers

By Camping's understanding, the Bible was dictated by God and every word and number carries a spiritual significance. He noticed that particular numbers appeared in the Bible at the same time particular themes are discussed.

The number 5, Camping concluded, equals "atonement." Ten is "completeness." Seventeen means "heaven." Camping patiently explained how he reached his conclusion for May 21, 2011.

"Christ hung on the cross April 1, 33 A.D.," he began. "Now go to April 1 of 2011 A.D., and that's 1,978 years."

Camping then multiplied 1,978 by 365.2422 days - the number of days in each solar year, not to be confused with a calendar year.

Next, Camping noted that April 1 to May 21 encompasses 51 days. Add 51 to the sum of previous multiplication total, and it equals 722,500.

Camping realized that (5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17) = 722,500.

Or put into words: (Atonement x Completeness x Heaven), squared.

"Five times 10 times 17 is telling you a story," Camping said. "It's the story from the time Christ made payment for your sins until you're completely saved.

"I tell ya, I just about fell off my chair when I realized that," Camping said.
"Follow the Money"
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Re: May 21, 2011

Post by Number Six »

His autocratic rule over "Family Radio" with his dull monotone voice will, I predict, soon come to an end. He set world-ending dates before, as have many other Americans like William Miller in 1843 and then in 1844. File this under false eschatology and egotism masquerading as Christianity, I could write a book about that, but no one needs to, there are plenty of articles elaborating on this theme. He once had an old-fashioned Christian radio station that served the Christian community. After he is gone maybe the Family Radio board will be able to salvage what is left of their station network.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

My wife (that is, the wife of the “real” Deep Knight, assuming I’m not a figment of my own imagination) is from Rochester, NY and while a grad student used to work at the Eastman Museum there. A few years back we stopped by while visiting her family (they still had a couple of her dioramas on display) and I saw a large exhibit on local con games and scams. This is where I learned a local “Snake Oil Salesman” sold some that was toxic and found himself lynched and hanging from a tree (ah, the good old days). This caused local resident Samuel Hopkins Adams to crusade against patent medicines and this effort created the FDA (which Bellringer raves against periodically for doing their job).
The exhibit also had a section on a local religious cult that followed some guy who gave a date for the end of the world. He told his followers that if they bought his “ascension gowns” and went to a local hill, they would be lifted up into heaven directly, bypassing the bad things that would happen to everyone else. Many did and showed up at the right place and right time, but the scam artist didn’t, and when the time prophesized passed they went looking for him. It was his bad luck that the train he had planned to leave on had problems and was delayed for many hours, stranding him at the station, one of the places his followers looked first. They tarred and feathered him, and later “ran him out of town on a rail,” but apparently did it with a little too much fervor because he died. No one was ever prosecuted.
Ah, the good old days.
"Follow the Money"
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

My wife (that is, the wife of the “real” Harvester, assuming I’m not a figment of my own imagination) is from DC and while a grad student used to work at the Smithsonian. A few years back we stopped by while visiting her family (they still had a couple of her dioramas on display) and I saw a large exhibit on con games and scams. This is where I learned a “Deep Knight” had setup a website (early 21st century) called QUATLOOS to defend the huge Federal Reserve/IRS scam that was recented outed in the global currency collapse. Now ironically that site was setup to showcase and educate on various frauds and scams, all while deceiving the public about the massive theft taking place right under their noses, and in partnership with their very own government! The biggest scam of all time.

So after the announcements, collapse of the Federal Reserve, return to gold-backed currency and everything, there was a lot of disbelief at first, then anger. Some of the more passionate managed to track down this "Deep Knight" fellow who somehow thought the Illuminati would lift him up into heaven directly, bypassing the bad things that would happen to every other tyrant. Well many did show up, found him standing at the station. They tarred and feathered him, and later “ran him out of town on a rail,” but apparently did it with a little too much fervor because he died. May 2011 I believe it was. No one was ever prosecuted.
Ah, the good old days.
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

Anyone remember Edgar C. Whisenant? He was the author/publisher of "88 Reasons Why The Rapture Will Be In 1988: The Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hash-Ana) September, 11-12-13".

Yes, that really was the title.

Have fun with a few more who got it wrong:

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm
http://www.thenetteam.net/failed.html
http://www.watchman.org/cults/endtime.htm
http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl1.htm
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

Harvester wrote:... This is where I learned a “Deep Knight” had setup a website (early 21st century) called QUATLOOS to defend the huge Federal Reserve/IRS scam that was recented outed in the global currency collapse. Now ironically that site was setup to showcase and educate on various frauds and scams, all while deceiving the public about the massive theft taking place right under their noses, and in partnership with their very own government! The biggest scam of all time.

I wish you would tell my slave masters in the New World Order that, my last review I got dinged for not defending the Federal Reserve and IRS enough on this forum. In fact, they couldn't remember one time! What can I say, being evil minions of Satan they're hard to please.
"Follow the Money"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Harvester wrote:My wife (that is, the wife of the “real” Harvester, assuming I’m not a figment of my own imagination) is from DC and while a grad student used to work at the Smithsonian. A few years back we stopped by while visiting her family (they still had a couple of her dioramas on display) and I saw a large exhibit on con games and scams. This is where I learned a “Deep Knight” had setup a website (early 21st century) called QUATLOOS to defend the huge Federal Reserve/IRS scam that was recented outed in the global currency collapse. Now ironically that site was setup to showcase and educate on various frauds and scams, all while deceiving the public about the massive theft taking place right under their noses, and in partnership with their very own government! The biggest scam of all time.

So after the announcements, collapse of the Federal Reserve, return to gold-backed currency and everything, there was a lot of disbelief at first, then anger. Some of the more passionate managed to track down this "Deep Knight" fellow who somehow thought the Illuminati would lift him up into heaven directly, bypassing the bad things that would happen to every other tyrant. Well many did show up, found him standing at the station. They tarred and feathered him, and later “ran him out of town on a rail,” but apparently did it with a little too much fervor because he died. May 2011 I believe it was. No one was ever prosecuted.
Ah, the good old days.
You obviously consider yourself to be quite the wit. You're half right. :P :P :P
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

Harold Camping wrote:"Christ hung on the cross April 1, 33 A.D.," he began. "Now go to April 1 of 2011 A.D., and that's 1,978 years."

Camping then multiplied 1,978 by 365.2422 days - the number of days in each solar year, not to be confused with a calendar year.

Next, Camping noted that April 1 to May 21 encompasses 51 days. Add 51 to the sum of previous multiplication total, and it equals 722,500.
Camping included the end date (April 1 to May 21 being 51 days), and so did I at http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html Here's what they said:

From and including: Wednesday, April 1, 0033 (Julian calendar)
To and including: Saturday, May 21, 2011 (Gregorian calendar)

It is 722,502 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Someone has to tell Harold, the world doesn't end on May 21, but May 19! Tell Harvester too!
Unidyne wrote:Anyone remember Edgar C. Whisenant? He was the author/publisher of "88 Reasons Why The Rapture Will Be In 1988: The Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hash-Ana) September, 11-12-13"

I didn't remember the name, but I remember the incident. It got derided much like the Harmonic Convergence a year before (the end of the Mayan calendar, don't cha know, which for some reason is now in 2012 and the end of the world instead of the beginning of a new age). Anyway, here's what's said about him in Wikipedia.

Edgar C. Whisenant (September 25, 1932 – May 16, 2001), was a former NASA engineer and Bible student who predicted the Rapture would occur in 1988, sometime between Sept. 11 and Sept. 13. He published two books about this: 88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988 and On Borrowed Time. Eventually, 300,000 copies of 88 Reasons were mailed free of charge to ministers across America, and 4.5 million copies were sold in bookstores and elsewhere. Whisenant was quoted as saying "Only if the Bible is in error am I wrong; and I say that to every preacher in town," and "f there were a king in this country and I could gamble with my life, I would stake my life on Rosh Hashana 88."
Whisenant's predictions were taken seriously in some parts of the evangelical Christian community. As the great day approached, regular programming on the Christian Trinity Broadcast Network (TBN) was interrupted to provide special instructions on preparing for the Rapture.
When the predicted Rapture failed to occur, Whisenant followed up with later books with predictions for various dates in 1989, 1993, and 1994. These books did not sell in quantity. Whisenant continued to issue various Rapture predictions through 1997, but gathered little attention.
"Follow the Money"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I remember the Harmonic Convergence well -- not because I participated in that bit of foolishness (I remember hearing about it coming, and decided not to care in the least), but because of a book I bought some years later. It was full of articles about publications (in the pre-Internet era) about one foolish thing after another; and the Harmonic Convergence was the subject of one of the articles. It was illustrated with a picture taken atop the Great Pyramid at sunrise, on the morning when everything was to happen.

There is a tall, bearded, skinny man in the foreground; and he is wearing some sort of Meaningful Costume -- probably his idea of a shaman's costume -- that loked like he assembled it from the props department of some theater group. His arms are raised, and he is evidently bellowing out some sort of celebratory incantation. Behind and to the right of him is a seated woman, in some sort of long dress or robe; and her eyes are closed in what looks like some sort of intense rapture, and one of her hands is on her collarbone.

Every time I come across that picture, I wish that I could see a picture from the time when everyone on that pyramid realized that they had spent tons of mney to Egypt, and gotten up at an extremely early hour, all for a bunch of piffle that the rest of the world barely noticed or cared about.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

By the way, I want to make it very clear that I have nothing against Harvesters per se. Many of my own ancestors occasionally took a scythe out and hacked away at vegetable matter, sometimes to harvest it.

Of course, that doesn't extend to International Harvesters.

A shadowy organization, the International Harvesters once ruled the farm equipment business using their scary logo, reminiscent of many totalitarian organizations.

Image Image

Just look at how it's identical to the hammer is sickle, only different. And what was a sickle used for? Harvesting!

Also, what's another word for harvesting? Reaping! And exactly what is associated with the Grim Reaper? Death! I think you see where I'm going here.

We must resist the IHK (International Harvesting Khazarians) and their plan for taking over the world, the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Agribusiness! This is best done by killing them all, in the love and light of Creator God Hartoon! Of course, this should not be construed in any way to mean that I'm advocating killings just because that's what I said, which would be slander that I could kill you for.
"Follow the Money"
Harvester

Re: May 19, 2011

Post by Harvester »

Oh Noo. I've been outed!
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

May 21st 2011 is a Saturday. Does anyone know if the world will end before or after Garrison Keilor's radio program???
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

fortinbras wrote:May 21st 2011 is a Saturday. Does anyone know if the world will end before or after Garrison Keilor's radio program???
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But Garrison can take that week off, if you know what I mean, no?
"Follow the Money"
Green Lantern

Post by Green Lantern »

I've seen the 5/21/11 Doomsday billboards going up along Highway 80 in NorCal. None of these fellows have ever taken me up on my offer of 10-1 odds (in their favor) of betting against them! :roll:

And, for something a bit different, it appears that generations of red-faced clergy and cowering flocks have been scaring each needlessly with LUCIFER's powerful name. It was originally merely a fallen Babyonian King, which became the Roman/Greek word for "Venus-the morning star"=Lucifer, the bearer of light.
In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name "Lucifer."

Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King"). http://www.lds-mormon.com/lucifer.shtml
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

Green Lantern wrote:And, for something a bit different, it appears that generations of red-faced clergy and cowering flocks have been scaring each needlessly with LUCIFER's powerful name. It was originally merely a fallen Babyonian King, which became the Roman/Greek word for "Venus-the morning star"=Lucifer, the bearer of light.
Naw. This may be what scholars "think" they know about Lucifer using all their "evidence" and "reason," but I've actually met him. Has a top floor office in the New World Order building, Hell wing. In fact, I've been over to his house for dinner and met his wife, the Scarlet Whore of Babylon, and kids, Semiazas, Eurynome, Kasdeya, and Scooter.

Seriously, I really enjoyed reading this piece of Etymology. I knew Lucifer was one of two names for the planet Venus (depending on if it was a morning star, Lucifer, or evening star, Hesperus), but I didn't know about Helal, son of Shahar, shiny guy who glints a lot. You gotta watch out for people who wear too much metal clothing, especially in hot climates like Babylon. Doesn't breath well and after a few hours of afternoon heat they get a bit ripe, if you know what I mean.

I once listened to a radio show on a "militia friendly" station where a guest was "outing" the world's Satanist corporations. "Lucent Technologies" was on the list because it sounded like "Lucifer" so must be run by him, as were a whole string of companies and foundations that simply had "Luc" starting them, including things like "Lucille's Restaurants Inc," and "The Lucy B. Drewes Rare Cancer Foundation."
"Follow the Money"
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The problem with Green Lantern's post is that he is quoting from a Latter-Day Saint's ( aka "Mormon") site. This is an organization whose founder tried to claim that he was given golden plates inscribed in the "reformed hieroglyphics" of the ancient Egyptian language that was allegedly translated by him into the Book of Mormon. The problem here is that any scholar who is familiar with the various inceptions of Egyptian writing will tell you that there is no such thing as "reformed" hieroglyphics. And there is a number of equally dishonest claims, supposedly based on scholarly research made by Joseph Smith throughout his life - inlcuding the laughable prediction that we would find advanced civilizations living on the moon. So the claim that the chapter in Isaiah is really talking about some mythogical Babylonian king is pure nonsense.

But pure nonsense has never stopped Green Lantern from cutting and pasting to indulge in his prejudices instead of doing a little honest background work to see where the truth really lies.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: May 19, 2011

Post by Gregg »

Harvester wrote:Oh Noo. I've been outed!
and I never suspected you were gay
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Deep Knight wrote:
I once listened to a radio show on a "militia friendly" station where a guest was "outing" the world's Satanist corporations. "Lucent Technologies" was on the list because it sounded like "Lucifer" so must be run by him, as were a whole string of companies and foundations that simply had "Luc" starting them, including things like "Lucille's Restaurants Inc," and "The Lucy B. Drewes Rare Cancer Foundation."
I agree with Lucent, I bought a fairly large block of their stock a few years back and lost more than I care to think about.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Gregg wrote:...
I agree with Lucent, I bought a fairly large block of their stock a few years back and lost more than I care to think about.
I'm glad I was on my way out when the vote to approve the name change was ratified by the board.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Green Lantern

Post by Green Lantern »

The Observer wrote:The problem with Green Lantern's post is that he is quoting from a Latter-Day Saint's ( aka "Mormon") site. This is an organization whose founder tried to claim that he was given golden plates inscribed in the "reformed hieroglyphics" of the ancient Egyptian language that was allegedly translated by him into the Book of Mormon.
In your haste to deliver your personal insults, it appears your emotions prevented you from reading the site's message:http://www.2think.org/hii/messag28.shtml#18---i.e., that it is NOT affiliated with the LDS Church. In fact, there is information here that disputes LDS/Mormon doctrine. There are many academics who agree with the information I quoted.

I used this quote because it summed up a lot of the discussion on the meaning of "Lucifer." I don't see where your outpouring against Joseph Smith has anything to do with the original intent of the Isaiah quote, nor is it a response to the particular writer's essay. In fact, the article I quoted is opposed to the LDS teaching on "Lucifer."Read Elaine Pagel's book on The Origin of Satan for a more academic and extensive discussion on the issue, if your interest lies in "truth" and not merely sniping at me. I have the book and would be happy to discuss it with you.

Another problem with inserting the Christian "Satan" into the OT, of course, is that the Hebrew satan was not a god but merely a "devil's advocate" as it were. Someone who impedes or stands in opposition. There was was no Hebrew "Hell" nor the need for any Satan to be its ruler. Perhaps you are one of those who insist that the OT must have anticipating that Christians would create heaven, hell and Satan so the Lucifer myth as advanced by some in the church is correct?