Weston White can you answer the question ?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Weston White can you answer the question ?

Post by jg »

In a thread at http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1102
Weston White wrote:lolol, Alright, this is great! The folks over at Quackloss, have started up a thread in response to this first draft of the webpage. So far 11-posts all of them are nothing but pointless drivel and borderline smack talk, with exception to this one post, (however, this person does not seem to fully grasp the content they were aiming for (and subsequently missed).):

“But if the Constitution is the supreme law of our nation, and the Constitution grants judicial power to the Supreme Court; why is the "argument" directly contrary to the decisions of the Supreme Court that the income tax is NOT a direct tax [?].
See Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad, 240 U.S. 1 (1916) :”
- jg
You were not present during the time(s) I posted at losthorizons; but since I was banned from there would you kindly answer here?

Do you not think the Constitution is the supreme law of our nation ?

Do you not think the Constitution grants judicial power to the Supreme Court ?

Do you not think the judicial power of the Supreme Court includes determining what is a "direct tax" as that term is used in the Constitution ?

Do you not think the Supreme Court determined that the income tax is not a "direct tax" as that term is used in the Constitution ?

What have I missed?

Hopefully others posting here can let us have a discussion without name calling, etc....
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Tax Man

Re: Weston White can you answer the question ?

Post by Tax Man »

Good luck getting an answer from him. As John Candy once said, you'd have more luck "playing pick-up sticks with your butt-cheeks" than you will getting an answer from Weston.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Weston White wrote:OK, today I finished the other two pages and revamped everything a bit, how is this? Please, advise of any errors or corrections that need to be made.
You have ignored that the Supreme Court said the income tax is not a direct tax (as it is used in the Constitution).
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Tax Man wrote:"playing pick-up sticks with your butt-cheeks"
And just like that, Gene Chapman returns to the topic list.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

grixit wrote:
Tax Man wrote:"playing pick-up sticks with your butt-cheeks"
And just like that, Gene Chapman returns to the topic list.

You have both ruined my breakfast AND another keyboard. It's entirely possible I may need therapy.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.