FreeStater Tax Denier arrested for welfare fraud

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

FreeStater Tax Denier arrested for welfare fraud

Post by Demosthenes »

*** NOT AN OFFICIAL DOCUMENT ***

Case ID: P2-2009-1087A
Docket Search Start Date:
Docket Search Ending Date:

Case Description

Case ID: P2-2009-1087A - SHARON ANKROM

Court : (SC) SUPERIOR COURT Location : (P) PROVIDENCE COUNTY
Filing Date: Friday , February 20th, 2009
Type: F - FELONY

Arrest Information

Arresting Agency : RHODE ISLAND DEPARTMENT OF ATTORNEY GENERAL

Charges

Charge# Charge Disposition / Date Sentence / Judge
1 OMUFP >$500/FELONY
2 FLS DOC TO PUB OFF/EMPLO/AGEN
3 WELFARE FRAUD >$500

Case Event Schedule

Event Date Location Judge
PRE-ARRAIGNMENT DISP CONFERENC 04-MAY-2009
6th District Court BURKE, MAGISTRATE
ARRAIGNMENT 11-MAY-2009
6th District Court BURKE, MAGISTRATE
PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE 13-JUL-2009
PROVIDENCE COUNTY MCATEE, MAGISTRATE

Case Parties

Type ID Name Aliases
DEFENDANT @10887339 ANKROM, SHARON L none
STATE OF RHODE ISLAND STATE OF RHODE ISLAND none

Attorneys

No Attorneys were found.

Docket Entries

Description
20-FEB-2009 INITIAL CASE DATA ENTRY
14-APR-2009 INFORMATION FILED
04-MAY-2009 DEFT DOES NOT APPEAR
06-MAY-2009 DATE DELETED
06-MAY-2009 DATE DELETED
08-MAY-2009 WARRANT ISSUED
Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: FreeStater Tax Denier arrested for welfare fraud

Post by Demosthenes »

OMUFP = Obtaining Money under False Pretense
FLS DOC TO PUB OFF/EMPLO/AGEN = False Document to Public Official/Employer/Agency
Welfare Fraud > $500 is self-explanatory
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Some background to this story is here.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Isn't "FreeStater Tax Denier" redundant?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC wrote:Isn't "FreeStater Tax Denier" redundant?
No. Most of the FreeStaters who stood outside the Brown house and courtroom with signs aren't tax deniers; they're anarchists. Many of them expressed discomfort during the standoff over Ed's whole "show me the law" spiel and wished that Ed had simply said "Hell no" instead. Their discomfort wasn't enough to make them walk away, however, because supporting Ed got them on to national TV and newspapers.
Demo.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:Most of the FreeStaters who stood outside the Brown house and courtroom with signs aren't tax deniers; they're anarchists.
Potaeto, potato.

Most tax deniers are anarchists.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Dezcad wrote:Some background to this story is here.
I do like the irony of a tax protester looking for advice on how to not lose her welfare/childcare benefits on a libertarian forum.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Gregg wrote: I do like the irony of a tax protester looking for advice on how to not lose her welfare/childcare benefits on a libertarian forum.
At least some of the residents show enough consistency to point this out. Nothing ticks me off more than people who claim all kinds of benefits, while at the same time claiming to be completely independent of the .gov.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Most of the FreeStaters who stood outside the Brown house and courtroom with signs aren't tax deniers; they're anarchists.
Potaeto, potato.

I think most tax deniers are founding father worshipers. They have this mythical notion of what the government was like in the late 18th century and want to replicate that mythical government now.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Something about white, male, property-holders might upset a number of them
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Demosthenes: "I think most tax deniers are founding father worshipers. They have this mythical notion of what the government was like in the late 18th century and want to replicate that mythical government now."

They also have a mythical notion of what the founding fathers stoood for, on the sound bite/Classic Comics intellectual level. I've heard them thunder "no taxation without representation!" as if it's a mantra which trumps all efforts to resist their TP idiocy. I'll bet that not one in a hundred of them can actually cite the context in which the original words were delivered. "We, The People" is another mantra. You all know most of the others.

To be fair to the TPers, though, ignorance about our country's history is not limited to them. I wonder how many people, for example, can name all three branches of government; or how many people think that the Declaration of Independence is a part of our constitutional system. And, even if they know the basics, they all too often don't understand them. I'll never forget reading about an old experiment in which the title of the Bill of Rights was removed from a text of the amendments contained in them, after which people were approached and asked to sign a statement in their support. Quite a few people angrily refused to sign in support of this "Communist document", and quite a few people think that the protections in the Bill of Rights were something cooked up by lefties in the 20th century. This problem will not go away until we restore, to our educational system, a course in civics and American history which moves beyond soundbites in to a detained analysis, not only of WHAT kind of government we have, but WHY it was created that way.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC

Post by LPC »

Nikki wrote:Something about white, male, property-holders might upset a number of them
Or reassure them.
Dan Evans
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Demosthenes wrote:
LPC wrote:
Potaeto, potato.

I think most tax deniers are founding father worshipers. They have this mythical notion of what the government was like in the late 18th century and want to replicate that mythical government now.
I find the comment mildly amusing in an upchucky sort of way, since all the evidence I have seen to date indicates that they have little to no awareness of American history, Civics having totally elluded them in life, and haven’t a clue as to what the Revolution(remembering Franklin’s quote) and what those men even thought or stood for. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be quite so idolizing. Washington’s opinion alone would ruin them for days.
Nikki wrote:Something about white, male, property-holders might upset a number of them

And, let’s not forget belonging to the “right” church, which I’m betting none of them do.

In other words, they'd be living in hovels, earning next to nothing, having no prospects, and getting progressively more ignorant with each generation. Oh wait, they're doing that now, and all on their own, how progressive!!!!!!!!

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.