Ed's claiming torture...

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Harrison Bergeron wrote:Ed not only didn't ask about Elaine, he seemed completely uninterested when her name was brought up.
Not surprising. Elaine is of no further use to Ed at this point in time (from his point of view) and therefore he could care less what is happening to her. In time, Ed will probably blame Elaine for everything that happened.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Harrison Bergeron wrote:Kranish pretended to be an attorney in order to get through to Ed, and he used a false last name ("Allen"). He claims he never actually told them he was an attorney, but that he was working with an attorney, and also said he wasn't lying because he is looking for an attorney. :shock:

I find it very hard to believe that he didn't tell them he is an attorney, because federal prisons are extremely strict about inmates receiving phone calls. Interestingly, there are two attorneys on Martindale with the name he gave. Did Kranish get those attorneys' information online, then misrepresent himself as one of them? That would be my guess.
To Shaun's credit, he actually does go by Shaun Allen (family: Kranish).
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Scoop wrote:
Harrison Bergeron wrote:Kranish pretended to be an attorney in order to get through to Ed, and he used a false last name ("Allen"). He claims he never actually told them he was an attorney, but that he was working with an attorney, and also said he wasn't lying because he is looking for an attorney. :shock:

I find it very hard to believe that he didn't tell them he is an attorney, because federal prisons are extremely strict about inmates receiving phone calls. Interestingly, there are two attorneys on Martindale with the name he gave. Did Kranish get those attorneys' information online, then misrepresent himself as one of them? That would be my guess.
To Shaun's credit, he actually does go by Shaun Allen (family: Kranish).
And even more to Shaun's credit, he introduced Dutch to Ed's circle of sup[porters and therefore assisted in the arrest of E&E. Thanks Shaun. :wink:
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Harrison Bergeron wrote:Ed not only didn't ask about Elaine, he seemed completely uninterested when her name was brought up.
That's exactly what I came away with.
Demo.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Demosthenes wrote:
That's exactly what I came away with.
Unbelievable! As much evidence as anything Ed is self-centered and insane.

And, thanks to everyone responding about deprivation and gassing. I get the picture.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I'm now claiming I was tortured -- after listening to poor Ed's recorded commiseration with "Shaun Allen: family 'Duped by the Feds Who Were Much Much Smarter Than Shaun Was' Kranish."

Poor, poor Ed.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Rumor has it Ed was completely covered with DHMO (Dihydrogen Monoxide).
Actually, they used Hydrogen Hydroxide (HOH) whose basis is the unstable radical Hydroxide, the components of which are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

This is the same compound we routinely used to decontaminate jet fighter aircraft. It is common knowledge that the BOP routinely uses it on prisoners.
The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Ed's claiming torture...

Post by The Dog »

webhick wrote:
Beth wrote:gassed for hours at a time in his cell with benzene or toluene
Benzene Health Effects
Toluene

Maybe a chemist here can help me out here, but can these two chemicals even be put into a gaseous state or we just talking about fumes? Also, the gas would have to be contained to the cell, right? Wouldn't the wide open space between the bars kind of facilitate gassing the entire cell block and not just Ed?
Benzene and toluene are both fairly volatile liquids boiling at 80.1 deg and 110.5 deg C respectively and therefore give off a certain amount of fume at room temperature (but not as much as say ether and acetone). They can be put into a gaseous state (i.e. boiled) just as easily as water. Inhaling the vapour may well make you feel light headed, but they are not particularly toxic as they are commonly used as solvents in chemical laboratories. (The use of benzene has been discontinued as it is a carcinogen).

I cannot imagine wanting to use benzene and toluene vapour as a torture. In addition to the problems of containment referred to above, the vapours would tend to condense quickly resulting in everything in the cell being covered in a film of solvent. There would also be an explosion risk as they are both flammable. I would expect that those responsible for a prison could easily dream up more effective tortures if that was their aim.

For information on the toxicity of benzene and toluene, see:

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/s ... /~KH7wEv:1

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/s ... /~KH7wEv:3
Florida

Post by Florida »

Truthstalker wrote:
Actually, they used Hydrogen Hydroxide (HOH) whose basis is the unstable radical Hydroxide, the components of which are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

This is the same compound we routinely used to decontaminate jet fighter aircraft. It is common knowledge that the BOP routinely uses it on prisoners.

Amazing that people can still get their hands on this stuff.

As Ed would say, "it's disgusting."
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Florida wrote
Yeah, Florida, but, pour it over cracked ice, add some lemon...great for washing down a Tremendous Twelve! (Also works with a Magnificent Seven!)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Truthstalker wrote:
Actually, they used Hydrogen Hydroxide (HOH)
More correctly: Hydronium Hydroxide.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

More correctly: Hydronium Hydroxide.
Neggatory, Grixit. Hydronium is the radical H3O+. Hydroxyl is OH-. That would give us H4O2 by my count. Help us out here, Demo. (Pass the JB, JJ)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Oops, my mistake. I was under the impression that hydronium was a naked proton H+.

Just goes to show, Quatloos is both entertaining and educational.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Florida

Post by Florida »

Truthstalker wrote:Florida wrote
Yeah, Florida, but, pour it over cracked ice, add some lemon...great for washing down a Tremendous Twelve! (Also works with a Magnificent Seven!)
Yeah, by the way, I was pulling into my driveway and for some reason had a flashback of the "hornets nest" you encountered and had to laugh out loud.