Cracking the Code - and Poor Richard's latest Almanac

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Re: Cracking the Code - and Poor Richard's latest Almanac

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Imalawman wrote:
LPC wrote:Of course, Burton got to write the majority opinion in Rutkin v. United States, 343 U.S. 130 (1952), which held that the proceeds of extortion were taxable income, and the court in James v. United States, 366 U.S. 213 (1961), held that Rutkin had "thoroughly devitalized" and "effectively vitiated" the Wilcox decision.
Ah yes, another example of tax protesters never learning to shepardize their cases. I actually get Wilcox cited a lot in my pro se embezzlement cases. They're shocked to learn that it isn't good law.
Those same people probably still practice bleeding to eliminate foul spirits from the blood and cupping to treat maladies of the chest. :roll:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Actually, there are a few medical situations where the best treatment is still a leech. But the doctors don't check the phase of the Moon or refer to humors to decide whether to use one.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Leftcoaster

Post by Leftcoaster »

RyanMcC wrote: Where's the pack of Preposterously Pinheaded Patriots Peter Piper picked?

The Pokey!
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

grixit wrote:Actually, there are a few medical situations where the best treatment is still a leech. But the doctors don't check the phase of the Moon or refer to humors to decide whether to use one.
Maggots are still used on occasion as well to clean up necrotic flesh. I think some major sedatives would be in store for that treatment.