Bob Hurt tries to help Bill Benson

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Re: Bob Hurt tries to help Bill Benson

Post by Quixote »

It didn’t take long for the judges to see what a mistake it was to ask Dickstein anything.
Brick walls make more sense.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Nikki wrote:
Bauer sarcastically said, “you have to pay taxes or go to jail”. Bauer stated, “the Supreme Court ruled the 16th Amendment was ratified”. Dickstein cut him off and hollered, “Name the case! What case?” Judge Bauer stuttered, “duh duh duh”. Judge Evans came to Bauer’s rescue by saying, “we will ask the questions here”.
I guess cert. denied doesn't count to Dickhe<<<stein.
Having argued a few cases in the Circuit courts, I don't really believe a word of this "report."
"My Health is Better in November."
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Nikki wrote:
Bauer sarcastically said, “you have to pay taxes or go to jail”. Bauer stated, “the Supreme Court ruled the 16th Amendment was ratified”. Dickstein cut him off and hollered, “Name the case! What case?” Judge Bauer stuttered, “duh duh duh”. Judge Evans came to Bauer’s rescue by saying, “we will ask the questions here”.
I guess cert. denied doesn't count to Dickhe<<<stein.
In defense of Dickstein (yikes!), certiorari denied really is not a ruling, a holding on the merits of the issues that would have been heard by the Court in a given case -- had the Court decided to hear that case. So, Dickstein is technically correct that the Supreme Court has never specifially ruled on Benson's non-ratification argument.

Big deal. On the big picture, Nikki is right. And tax protesters are fond of saying "the U.S. Supreme Court has never ruled on this" or "the U.S. Supreme Court has never ruled on that" -- ignoring the point that the U.S. Supreme Court agrees to hear very few cases. The vast majority of well-settled points of law, even points of federal law, are never decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. When it comes to most of that, the Super Nine ain't got no time! They certainly don't have the time to rule on every little frivolous argument decided in the lower courts.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And I, Famspear, am the world's foremost authority on Women.
I bet the Supreme Court never ruled on that, either.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Ooops, I was wrong about that:

Famspear v. National Organization of Women, 808 F.2d 311 (US Supreme Court1999)
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:Ooops, I was wrong about that:

Famspear v. National Organization of Women, 808 F.2d 311 (US Supreme Court1999)
Yeah, in that case my argument -- that I was an authority on Women -- was ruled to be frivolous beyond belief.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

CaptainKickback wrote:was your assertion a base canard, or did you duck it? :roll:
The trial court found that I was incompetent to be an Authority on Women, and ruled that I had simply gone completely quackers.