Richardf614 displays his skill at legal analysis

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Richardf614 displays his skill at legal analysis

Post by Famspear »

K-E-Y-B-O-A-R-D
A-L-E-R-T

Richardf614, in responding to a correction from another loser on his spelling of "Dole" (Doyle) in a case name, says:
Your [sic] right on "Doyle", proof reading is a requirement that I failed to implement, I found some of these cases on Chris Hansen's site. I noticed that he sometimes rearranges quotes to his liking!
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... =4660#4660

EDIT: Duh, Richard, did you happen to notice that Chrissie, like you, publishes FAKE QUOTES???!!!

Or, is your references to Chrissie's "rearrangment" of quotes just your polite way of recognizing that Chris makes it up as he goes along - just like you do?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

What kind of sanctions do judges normally impose for fake quotes? I think if i were a judge i'd see that as both obstruction of justice and perjury.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

grixit wrote:What kind of sanctions do judges normally impose for fake quotes? I think if i were a judge i'd see that as both obstruction of justice and perjury.
It wouldn't be perjury because lawyers don't sign briefs under penalties of perjury, and I don't think that "obstruction of justice" applies either.

Deliberately misrepresenting the state of the law to a judge would be a serious breach of ethics, and could be punished by suspension or even disbarment. However, individual judges don't have that power, so what would be most likely would be for the judge to refer the matter to the state disciplinary board for action.

But you'd be surprised how often no one cares. I once had an opponent who filed a reply brief with the court that made a false claim about a critical fact in an important precedent that I had cited in my own brief. (The misrepresentation was sort of like a tax denier claiming that Brushaber was an agent for foreign investors.) I pointed out the misrepresentation to the judge, but the judge never did anything about it. In fact, the judge never did anything about anything and was removed from the case (and all other pending cases) about two years later, without ever ruling. I then filed a complaint against the lawyer with the disciplinary board (not just for the misrepresentation but for other actions as well; this was not an isolated incident) and the disciplinary board dismissed the complaint because it wasn't timely. (Who knew there was a statute of limitations for unethical conduct?)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Famspear wrote:K-E-Y-B-O-A-R-D
A-L-E-R-T

Richardf614, in responding to a correction from another loser on his spelling of "Dole" (Doyle) in a case name, says:
Your [sic] right on "Doyle", proof reading is a requirement that I failed to implement, I found some of these cases on Chris Hansen's site. I noticed that he sometimes rearranges quotes to his liking!
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... =4660#4660

EDIT: Duh, Richard, did you happen to notice that Chrissie, like you, publishes FAKE QUOTES???!!!

Or, is your references to Chrissie's "rearrangment" of quotes just your polite way of recognizing that Chris makes it up as he goes along - just like you do?
Hansen consistently gave the same excuse as Richardf614 for the fake quotes on his site: he copied and pasted the quote and never checked it for accuracy. Any one of several of the fake quotes on Hansen's site, had it been accurate, would have been the magic bullet that every TP lusts after. That Hansen never verified them suggests to me that he never even read them. Hansen, like every other TP who is caught posting fake quotes, insisted, prior to having his first fake quote identified, that he had personally researched every statement on his site and could vouch for its validity.

You have to wonder, with every TP arriving at his conclusions based on indepenent research, why TPs don't do a better job of policing their own. Of course, if LHers ever started correcting fake quotes, they might eventually get around to correcting those in CTC.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat