Sherry Peel Jackson Objects To Prison Food - And Needs Money

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Sherry Peel Jackson Objects To Prison Food - And Needs Money

Post by Famspear »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:Did DarkestBeforeDawn wander in recently and I missed it or is he/she an older timer recently released from Bedlam?
I think he or she is a fairly new DMVP wannabe.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:Did DarkestBeforeDawn wander in recently and I missed it or is he/she an older timer recently released from Bedlam?
Cody, Codee, or various other aliases?
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Getting back to something that "Spartacus" wrote:
Demosthenes, it is a political crime though. She philosophically disagrees with the income tax, believes it is unconstitutional and now she is in prison?
I apologize if someone already covered this, but of course the crime for which Sherry was convicted is not a "political" crime.

First, a philosophical disagreement with the income tax, and a belief that the income tax is unconstitutional, are not crimes at all. And merely having a disagreement or belief is not what she was charged with -- or convicted of.

Second, philosophical disagreement with a law does not convert the prosecution for violation of that law from being the prosecution of a "regular crime" to the prosecution of a "political crime."

Lagniappe: Violation of a law on the ground that the violator philosophically disagrees with the law does not, per se, ennoble the violator's conduct.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

So, in the process of moving this thread to ranting and raving I was distracted and well...now the last 7 posts were deleted. I propose that if someone wants to start up the troll feeding session that they simply start a new thread in Ranting and Raving. I don't have time right now to split the topic. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- The Management.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:Getting back to something that "Spartacus" wrote:
I think "Spartacus" has left the Colosseum.

Did s/he really expect that no one in this crew would call a bet?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:
Famspear wrote:Getting back to something that "Spartacus" wrote:
I think "Spartacus" has left the Colosseum.

Did s/he really expect that no one in this crew would call a bet?
Did Irwin Schiff really expect that the government would not prosecute him for a third time for tax evasion?

Did Larken Rose and Dr. Tom really expect that the governement were going to ignore their 861 challenges?

Did Wesley Snipes really expect that the detax packages he bought from Kahn were going to keep the IRS away?

Do we really expect TPs to keep doing crazy things?

Hope these questions cleared that up for you, wserra.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Victoria on LH decided to weigh in on why Sherry lost:
Victoria wrote:Sherry Jackson lost due to her ignorance of the law, despite knowing something was illegal about the tax on private citizens.
So, according to Victoria, Sherry knew the "tax on private citizens" was against the law, but lost due to ignorance of the law. If you're ignorant about something you know, I suppose that cancels itself out...
Victoria wrote:Her charge was "failure to file" and as we know she failed to rebut false evidence in the form of info returns.
Actually, wouldn't that be "willful failure to file," Victoria? That means that she didn't just fail to "rebut false evidence," she REFUSED to file a tax return at all. And besides, you DO know that you can file a tax return without forging 1099s and filing erroneous 4852s, right? Of course you don't. Pete didn't say that you can, so it must not be right. ALL HAIL DARTH HENDRICKSON.
Victoria wrote:She was made an example of (high profile) with the harsh punishment of her ignorance.
That reads like she was punished with ignorance.
Victoria wrote:I have contacted her husband, and briefly Sherry right before her trial - but they don't seem to want to understand since they are most likely confused by all the "theories" and thinks LH, CtC is just another one of the theories.
Confused=Right. For once. Add a little checkmark in the "plus" column for Sherry for refusing to hop on board your sinking ship.

Source: http://losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=863

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm getting more stupider from reading that forum.
I can't wait until Pete hits the iceberg and proceeds to throw them all off the boat to save himself.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

webhick wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if I'm getting more stupider from reading that forum.
It appears you are.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Dezcad wrote:
webhick wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if I'm getting more stupider from reading that forum.
It appears you are.
That was intentional, otherwise the point of the statement is lost.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

webhick wrote:
Dezcad wrote:
It appears you are.
That was intentional, otherwise the point of the statement is lost.
Perhaps it is I who is reading too much over there.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Sent: Mon 8/25/08 5:30 PM
To: colinljackson@msn.com

Hello Friends,

I thought I would give you an update on the family and my wife. It’s been about a month since the last time I saw her and but we talk every other day for about 15 minutes. She has a monthly limit on her phone time, no matter how much money she puts on her phone account. She is doing relatively well. She is still keeping her spirit up and is being upbeat about this whole surreal situation. She is being Sherry. I’m planning on going back to Florida to see her in September. I really look forward to that.

Before I go on, I would like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have continuously called, written, prayed, etc. But, I would especially like to thank those of you (without revealing any identities) who have invited me to visit, those who have done legal communications on my behalf, those who have visited me, who have helped spread the word about this country’s challenges concerning the income taxes and those who have not forgotten about my wife and the price she has selflessly paid to educate and motivate others. I pray for you all daily and I look forward to the day(s) when I can meet all of you and express my gratitude in a very tangible way. I know her efforts and her current plight are NOT in vain.

I just finished participating in “Freshman Week” at Morehouse College, which is located in Atlanta. My son’s first year in college there has begun and it was an exciting week. He has matured tremendously in the past few months and I’m extremely proud of him. He is majoring in International Studies and Journalism. Who knows. Maybe he’ll write a book on his perspective of the tyranny in this country. It’s a little more difficult to see him grow up and leave the nest than I thought it would be.

My daughter has begun her Junior year in high school and is trying to graduate a year early. She wants to go to Emory University (also in Atlanta) and major in pre-Med. She wants to be a Pediatrician. She is studying very hard and is beginning to come out of the “cutesy” phase of being a teenager. She’s quickly becoming a young woman. She’s a lot like her mother and she’s beginning to realize that. There used to be time when she resented the comparison between her and her mother. But, a few days ago she was telling me to do something (just like her mother) and then, to my dismay, said, “I AM my mother’s child.” What a shocker. I explained to her that that wasn’t a bad thing. That’s a good thing.

I’m doing well. I’m still in the middle of my juggling act of parenting, fighting the IRS (they’ve starting writing “love letters” to me), finding a way to rescue my wife and keeping the bills paid. I’ll tell you all something. I would not have made it this far without you and I thank God every day for you. There are doors that have been opened to me to help stabilize our finances. I’m excited about that.

Overall and in the grand scheme of things, we are doing quite well. As I’ve been saying for the past year or so, “Things could always be a lot worse.” When I have my temporary pity parties and I sense myself getting a little down, I can mentally hear my old football coaches saying, “Come on, men. Get back up. Get back up. You’re GONNA get hit in this game. But, that’s okay. You just get right back up.” It always helps me. My pity parties only last about 15 – 30 seconds. After that, I have to get back up. There are too many people relying on us to stay down. When things get tough in life, it’s okay to be hurt…..for a little while. But, we’ve got to get back up. Get up and get back in the game. Your team is relying on you. You don’t have time to STAY down. Get back up. You can do it. Remember, it could always be a lot worse.

God bless you. Thanks for caring and being there for us. Take care.

In Christ, Colin
Demo.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

Sent: Mon 8/25/08 5:30 PM
To: colinljackson@msn.com

Hello Friends,

I thought I would give you an update on the family and my wife.
Good to know she's making friends in prison.