Continuation on the FRNs are unconstitutional topic

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
ErsatzAnatchist

Re: Continuation on the FRNs are unconstitutional topic

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

DarkestBeforeDawn wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Anyone else find it interesting that a group whose leadership is almost exclusively made up of minorities is using white supremacist theories?
I find it interesting that groups who proclaim that they are "free people" are using the theories of Karl Marx?

It's all strange to me. Karl Marx is now all of a sudden a Freedom hero.
Kind of like Che Guevara's picture is showing up on tee shirts sold at capitalist stores and websites. My favorites is one that claims:
All Che Guevara merchandise is officially licensed
(Emphasis Added)

http://www.thechestore.com/

Viva la revolution. :roll:
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

And to further hijack this thread, my favorite Che Guevara Shirt:

DarkestBeforeDawn

Post by DarkestBeforeDawn »

My favorite T-shirt is the that one about Freedom Fighters.

I have seen two I like.

What is the difference between a Freedom Fighter and a Terrorist? Depends on what side you are on.

What is the difference between a Freedom Fighter and a Terrorist? One is on the CIA's payroll.
DarkestBeforeDawn

Another favorite I have been seeing. I saw a T-shirt the other day and now the former comptroller of the US Peter Peterson is using it on his website.

I.O.U.S.A.
http://www.pgpf.org/

I have a blast just watching the financial channels -- they are running around trying to figure everything out. Unfortunately, he doesn't provide the state government, local government, corporate, or personal debt -- these financial channels are too funny, the government is even funnier.

Trying to electrify the OTC derivatives Frankenstein back to life by the Fed is just about the funniest thing I have ever seen. OTC derivatives now over $1 quadrillion dollars -- pretty soon they'll be talking about a lot of money.

Peter is wasting his time with that movie -- it's all in his imagination. I am getting ready for the real life movie -- popcorn is just about ready.
DarkestBeforeDawn

UGA Lawdog wrote:
DarkestBeforeDawn wrote: What is the difference between a Freedom Fighter and a Terrorist? Depends on what side you are on.
That's the absolute worst kind of sophistry. Anyone who can't distinguish a fighter for freedom (like, say, the French Resistance of WW2 aka le Maquis) from murderous thugs (like, say, Al-Qaeda) is the kind of idiot who is not even worth debating.

[Dismissive wave of hand]
Sure.

Probably like the torture ships we have out in the Atlantic -- it's ok if we do it. Sure. It's fine when we support Terrorist in Central America -- oh, and all along the way lying to your own people about it.

I find it funny, actually kind of sad -- you got Bush over there in China talking about civil liberties and human abuse. Yet, the US has a prison population 5 times more per 100,000. Matter of fact, the US is the highest in the world.

The biggest Terrorist were the American Colonist during the American Revolution -- law breaks, terrorist, tax cheats, etc. Bin Laden was getting money, arms, and Muslim fighters for the CIA in the 80s than all of sudden when he trades sides he is now a Terrorist instead of a Freedom Fighter.

I guess this country was a bunch of Freedom Fighters when the Europeans came over and wiped out the American Indians.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

DarkestBeforeDawn wrote:
The biggest Terrorist were the American Colonist during the American Revolution -- law breaks, terrorist, tax cheats, etc. Bin Laden was getting money, arms, and Muslim fighters for the CIA in the 80s than all of sudden when he trades sides he is now a Terrorist instead of a Freedom Fighter.
How do you figure the Colonists were terrorists during the Revolution?
DarkestBeforeDawn

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: How do you figure the Colonists were terrorists during the Revolution?
Why do you think they weren't? Strange. Just go start a standing army -- start acquiring weapons and supplies -- disregard the Law now and see what they call you. I believe King George called them traitors -- which they were. Today they would call them Terrorist, hell, they call Iraqis in Iraq terrorist when we are uniformed soldiers in a foreign land. Strange.

They were traitors, rebels, tax cheats, law breakers, scum, the ultimate patriot nut jobs, terrorist etc.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

DarkestBeforeDawn wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: How do you figure the Colonists were terrorists during the Revolution?
Why do you think they weren't? Strange. Just go start a standing army -- start acquiring weapons and supplies -- disregard the Law now and see what they call you. I believe King George called them traitors -- which they were. Today they would call them Terrorist, hell, they call Iraqis in Iraq terrorist when we are uniformed soldiers in a foreign land. Strange.

They were traitors, rebels, tax cheats, law breakers, scum, the ultimate patriot nut jobs, terrorist etc.
What did the colonists did in their fight for independence compares to the tactics of contemporary terrorists?
DarkestBeforeDawn

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: What did the colonists did in their fight for independence compares to the tactics of contemporary terrorists?
I fail to understand the words, "contemporary terrorists" -- sounds like something made up. I assure you they call all the people in Iraq terrorist even though the vast majority of them have no idea what Bin Laden is even up to and have no ties to him -- they attack foreign troops in their land. I mean they call the bombing of that Navy ship a terrorist attack in the 90s a terrorist attack. They call anyone a terrorist unless it's on their side -- than it is either, they are fighting for their freedom or Freedom Fighters.

The Colonist would be considered terrorist, tax cheats, law breakers, rebels, the ultimate patriot nut jobs, scum, traitors, etc.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

DarkestBeforeDawn wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: What did the colonists did in their fight for independence compares to the tactics of contemporary terrorists?
I fail to understand the words, "contemporary terrorists" -- sounds like something made up.
Are you unfamiliar with the definition of the term "contemporary"? It's really a rather common adjective. Here are some examples: contemporary art, contemporary music, contemporary literature.

Nice dodge with your mini-rant on Iraq. Apparently we agree that the colonists did not engage in terrorist tactics.
Leftcoaster

Post by Leftcoaster »

Ask the UEL.
Just playing devil's advocate here.

A question of scale perhaps, but those who remained loyal to the crown were not treated very nicely by the victorious colonists.

The colonists won, ergo they are freedom fighters. The members of the Whiskey Rebellion failed, ergo they are not freedom fighters.
DarkestBeforeDawn

UGA Lawdog wrote:George Washington didn't send guys over to England to massacre English civilians.

Idiot.
Civilians were killed by the Colonist on purpose -- just not in England. It's not like they had an airline, hell, they barely had a navy.

I would have to agree with the other poster, the winner writes the adjectives to describe the events. If you lose, you are traitors, terrorist, rebels, law breaker, etc., if you win you are the freedom fighters, patriots, etc.

They are all just words. If you definition of terrorism is simply killing civilians you don't even want to get me started about the acts of terrorism by the U.S. This nation basically wiped American Indians off the map here, hell, we are killing civilians in Iraq -- I guess when that happens it's just a part of war when it's on your side.

I mean we killed 290 Iran civilians in 1988 when the US shot down that Iran airliner. I guess that isn't terrorism either. Humans just like to make themselves feel so good.
Last edited by DarkestBeforeDawn on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

UGA Lawdog wrote:George Washington didn't send guys over to England to massacre English civilians.

Idiot.
Hey lawdog, the DBD dude can't figure out the meaning of "contemporary terrorists", what makes you think he knows anything about history? :wink:

It's funny how some TP morons harp on about how our country has strayed so far from the visions of the Founding Fathers and in the next breath turn around and call the FF's terrorists. Using TP logic that would be an endorsement of terrorism.
DarkestBeforeDawn

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: Hey lawdog, the DBD dude can't figure out the meaning of "contemporary terrorists", what makes you think he knows anything about history? :wink:

It's funny how some TP morons harp on about how our country has strayed so far from the visions of the Founding Fathers and in the next breath turn around and call the FF's terrorists. Using TP logic that would be an endorsement of terrorism.
You just want to make yourself feel good. I think they are heroes regardless of what someone would label them -- of course if a revolution started today you would be calling them those names. Everyone is a patriot when victory is near.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

DarkestBeforeDawn wrote: You just want to make yourself feel good. I think they are heroes regardless of what someone would label them -- of course if a revolution started today you would be calling them those names. Everyone is a patriot when victory is near.
Don't go getting all pissy and whiny on us. Hey, you're the one who openly admitted you didn't understand the term "contemporary terrorist".

Now back to the post at hand: So do you think terrorists are heroes? You labeled the FF's terrorists, and now you call them heroes. Which is it?

BTW, be sure to read CapnKickback's post. -Carefully-
Last edited by Mr. Mephistopheles on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkestBeforeDawn

CaptainKickback wrote: al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, and all those other f*cking c*nts are nothing more than a loose gaggle of thugs with no real centralized government, no chain of command structure and do their darnedest to look and act like civilians and use those civilians as shields. Additionally, they are not above the whole sale killing of civilians (and children) through suicide/homocide bombers. They have no centralized authority, no true chain of command and other than acting in small groups, do not form cohesive fighting units. They are no better than the Crips or Bloods, but not as well liked.

That is the difference between a terrorist force and a revolutionary army.
Let me get this straight, an organization has to set it up the way you envision or it's terrorist force but if it's setup the way you want it's not? Man, that is complete nonsense. People don't have to follow your rules or my rules. Actually, many parts of the militia during the Revolutionary War were given free rein to basically go out on their own, hell, they didn't even have to show up for duty.

Every time I hear them talk about al-Qaeda they talk about their structure and levels of authority, I think you and the US government have some serious conflict of how al-Qaeda is setup. To be honest your whole statement is laughable.
DarkestBeforeDawn

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: So you think terrorists are heroes? You labeled them terrorists, and now you call them heroes. Wow, you're some kind of f****** up.
You do what you are told, if they existed today -- you and your boneless friends would be calling them patriot nut jobs, terrorist, traitors, criminals, clowns, etc.

The words are completely changeable depending on what side you are on, it's like you missed the whole thread. Apparently the words hurt your feelings, that is really is too bad.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

DarkestBeforeDawn wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: So you think terrorists are heroes? You labeled them terrorists, and now you call them heroes. Wow, you're some kind of f****** up.
You do what you are told, if they existed today -- you and you boneless friends would be calling them patriot nut jobs, terrorist, traitors, criminals, clowns, etc.

The words are completely changeable depending on what side you are on, it's like you missed the whole thread.
No Stanley, we're talking about your opinion of the Founding Fathers. Which is it; were they terrorists or heroes? You can't have it both ways.

EDIT: I just saw the edit to your post. You haven't said anything to hurt my feelings, but apparently I've touched a raw nerve with you. Tell us again, what actions did the colonists undertake that could compare them to contemporary terrorists?
Leftcoaster

Post by Leftcoaster »

CaptainKickback wrote:1. A person would not be wrong in stating that the American Revolutionary War was also the second English Civil War.
I'm going to dispute that point.
By 1778 England was also at war with France who had formed and alliance with colonists. Spain and the Dutch piled on later that year.
DarkestBeforeDawn

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
You can't have it both ways.
You didn't read the thread, do you have some type of reading disability we need to know about. It matters what side you are on. PERIOD. I believe them to heroes.

Now if you lived back then you would probably be one of the Loyalist sitting there waiting for someone to do your dirty work. You would be calling them terrorist, traitors, tax cheats, TP, rebels, law breakers, etc.

I can't make it any simpler for you. The words do hurt you -- I know they do.