Dogwalker's Sentencing

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Re: Dogwalker's Sentencing

Post by . »

One word answer: Waco.

Two word answer: Ruby Ridge.

You're quite right, scooping up Ed immediately would have saved a lot of trouble, but the feds have been burned by bad outcomes and now go to almost any length to avoid them. If "patriot" moths are attracted to the flame in the meantime, that's their problem.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

SheWolfe, you can always go back and look for the causal nexus of any criminal activity, but it seems to me a person willing to do what the perpetrators of these crimes did would have eventually done something along the same lines (or worse), when the opportunity presented itself.

Under the guise of "defending" a nutball like Ed, they decided to act with an intent to thwart and even harm the people sworn to enforce the laws they disagreed with. If all it took to trigger that dangerous behavior was a fugitive holed up on his property it isn't a giant leap to believe worse things would have eventually happened.

And frankly, at least in Danny's case, I doubt he'll ever blame Ed for anything. He's so steeped in the politically-charged sub-culture that drew him to New Hampshire that in his mind at least, blame can only be placed on the evil government.

Unfortunately, the judiciary and law enforcement don't have 20/20 hindsight. There may be a tendency to deny bail even in appropriate situations in the future simply because of the potential of having another incident where Rambo wannabees come to town.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Elaine wasn't kidnapped. She waited until her son was at work and then called a friend to take her back to Plainfield. She even recorded that day's RBN radio show from the car using the friend's cell phone.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:
Bud Dickman wrote:Riley spoke at length about the Universal Commercial Code. The judge looked exceedingly bored during Riley's speech, often not even looking at Riley and practically rolling his eyes at what was being said.
So, do the Free State Flakes actually believe this UCC crap? Is this a shared delusion?
For some of them, yes, it is, and here too.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Kat Kanning wrote:
The sentencing hearing was scheduled for 11:30 am, but actually started at 10:00 am in an apparent attempt to keep sympathizers from attending the “public” hearing.
The new time had been on the docket for almost three weeks and was posted on Ms. Kanning's forum on 10/11 by Joe Haas.

10/08/2008 NOTICE OF HEARING as to Daniel Riley: Competency Hearing set for 10/28/2008 10:00 AM before Chief Judge George Z. Singal. Sentencing set for 10/28/2008 11:30 AM before Chief Judge George Z. Singal in Concord, New Hampshire.(jar) (Entered: 10/08/2008)

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.ph ... =3868.7950
Demo.
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

Demosthenes wrote:Elaine wasn't kidnapped. She waited until her son was at work and then called a friend to take her back to Plainfield. She even recorded that day's RBN radio show from the car using the friend's cell phone.
Poor choice of words on my part (kidnap). The story I received is that a person went there when her son was not home and simply brought her back to Plainfield.

Bob is presently in Grady County, Chicasha, OK. Hopefully to be moved to WV (Med Security), in the next few weeks. Go figure, West Virginia via Oklahoma.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

SheWolffe wrote:Poor choice of words on my part (kidnap). The story I received is that a person went there when her son was not home and simply brought her back to Plainfield.
There are probably a whole lot of other people who would be prosecuted before someone who simply drove Elaine home. Bill Miller, Rob Jacobs, Bernie Bastian, Anthony Sciarrone (aka Peace), Jim Dobbs, and so on come to mind.

My guess is that the next indictments we'll see, though, will be Ed's and Elaine's. As the current administration comes to an end, government employee who are presidential appointees will need to tie up the loose cases on their desks before they are replaced by a new administration.
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

SheWolffe wrote:....

Bob is presently in Grady County, Chicasha, OK. Hopefully to be moved to WV (Med Security), in the next few weeks. Go figure, West Virginia via Oklahoma.
USMS is a lot like FedEX - everything goes to one hub, in this case at Will Rogers Airport in OK City. Why they shuttled him off to the county jail down in Chickasha is anybody's guess. (It's not the end of the world but you can see it from there.)
The Devil Makes Three
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

Demosthenes wrote:
SheWolffe wrote:Poor choice of words on my part (kidnap). The story I received is that a person went there when her son was not home and simply brought her back to Plainfield.
There are probably a whole lot of other people who would be prosecuted before someone who simply drove Elaine home. Bill Miller, Rob Jacobs, Bernie Bastian, Anthony Sciarrone (aka Peace), Jim Dobbs, and so on come to mind.

My guess is that the next indictments we'll see, though, will be Ed's and Elaine's. As the current administration comes to an end, government employee who are presidential appointees will need to tie up the loose cases on their desks before they are replaced by a new administration.
Yes, you are right about that. It will be interesting to watch as part II unfolds.
triumphguy2
Swabby
Swabby

Post by triumphguy2 »

I don't know anything about the prison, but Chickasha is a very pretty part of the state...low rolling hills, trees and creeks. It was the first community hit in the 1999 F5 tornado. This time of year the weather should be comfortable, tornado season is past but the winter winds have not yet arrived. There are much worse places to spend a few weeks.

Patrick Cherry
Ojai, CA
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I posted my description of Danny's sentencing.

http://www.redcrayons.net/
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

It is truely disheartening that gullible people have so many sources and panderers of innacurate information.

Danny is only one in a long string of people who have been spoon-fed irrational theories and ineffective procedures for confronting the government and the legal system.

Every day, at Sooey we see people who have bought into the sovereign citizen mentality and are losing their cars, their homes, their families and their freedom because they believe that the loudest voices on the Internet must be correct. They listen to advisors who, because they either sound erudite or are preaching to the choir, spew a message which finds fertile soil. But, when it comes time to put up or shut up, these gurus fade into the shadoes and leave their acolytes to take the heat alone.

People like Peymon, The Great One, Schiff, ad infinitum are perfectly willing to take a dollar or a few thousand dollars from the gullible and feed them answers that they want to hear. Who cares if the information is wrong or if it can put people in jail?

Too many people are looking for someone else to blame for their failures or their lot in life and are perfectly happy to buy into theories that everything can be blamed on the Masons, Jews, Vatican, anyone other than themselves.

Although I feel sorry for these people and what they've managed to do with their lives, I'm also grateful that the small minority who will end up being truely dangerous are removed from society.

Which brings me back to Danny. Admittedly, he was exposed to, and hand fed, every sovereign, paytridiot, redemption, UCC theory on the books and he bought into every one of them. However, he has clearly demonstrated that he is not capable of critical, coherent thought and that he believes that it is sometimes correct to kill people who, in his view, are a danger or who are stepping on his rights.

That weakness and predisposition means he does not belong anywhere where he can be a threat. Even if the government had overlooked him and he was able to sneak out of the Brown's fortress unnoticed, the day would come when something else would pull his trigger.

Perhaps it would be when a police officer pulled him over for driving an sovereign-registered car. Perhaps when he faced eviction over a failure to pay taxes. It doesn't matter. Danny would have reacted violently. At least, he is now going to spend a long time in a place where he can't hurt other people.

Perhaps, 35 years from now, he will have come to his senses. I wouldn't bet on it, though.
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

Demo wrote:

I posted my description of Danny's sentencing.

Great report, I will be first in line to buy your long awaited book.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

So, Ed: family nut-ball is at least partially, some would say largely or even fully responsible for a combined 66.5 potential years of federal prison time for his "defenders," at least 85% of which will be served.

At $30K/inmate/year plus many years of supervised release that's about $2 million. Too bad we can't send him a bill.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

. wrote:So, Ed: family nut-ball is at least partially, some would say largely or even fully responsible for a combined 66.5 potential years of federal prison time for his "defenders," at least 85% of which will be served.

At $30K/inmate/year plus many years of supervised release that's about $2 million. Too bad we can't send him a bill.
At the risk of a cliche, that's only the tip of the iceberg. We're all paying for our own negligence.

I get to see the collateral damage of nutballs sometimes. It's the thing that really, really makes me want to be able to wield the cattle prod when otherwise ordinary folks get pulled into the looking glass of some scheme and their families suffer. Some of it comes from ignorance and some of it comes from the influence of people they tended to trust (including in church settings), but the real victims turn out to be the ones that don't have a family network to pick up the slack when the doofus puts on the armor of the scam artist and basically flips the bird at the law.

These idiots ares seemingly everywhere. I get to slap them upside the head from time to time but not often enough.

[SOCIAL RANT = ON]
Just step back a minute and consider what taking in two pre-teens for a year or two might do to your lifestyle. Or a mother of a toddler with a husband behind bars. It's not for the faint of heart or the self-absorbed. It's a lot of tough love and it aint cheap. The victims wind up hanging on to their relatives and friends. Sometimes it tips the lifeboat over.

Guys and gals - if you're not actively helping to educate the public, including young people who will never even come across Quatloos, you're letting this nonsense eat away at the core of our society. We're all paying the price one way or another.

It's late here. [SOCIAL RANT = OFF]
The Devil Makes Three
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:I posted my description of Danny's sentencing.

http://www.redcrayons.net/
Excellent report, thanks. What about JoeH's removal from the court?
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:I get to see the collateral damage of nutballs sometimes. It's the thing that really, really makes me want to be able to wield the cattle prod when otherwise ordinary folks get pulled into the looking glass of some scheme and their families suffer.

The victims wind up hanging on to their relatives and friends. Sometimes it tips the lifeboat over.
The cattle prod idea has always intrigued me....

Very true statements Judge. I guess I now understand an inmate's need to cling onto their families to stay in contact with the outside world. It must be like food to a starving man to call your family and get the scoop on what is going. On the same note, it must sting a bit to hang that phone up. Keeping in touch and trying to provide Bob the smallest of creature comforts, i.e., soap, toilet paper can become expensive.

Caring for an inmate is like making a monthly car payment and never getting the car.

Bob called me this a.m. around 4:30. He is moving again, this time he is finally getting to W.V. Not Morgantown, must be FCI Gilmore, a medium security facility.