Court finally rules in Hendrickson appellate case

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LOBO

Re: Court finally rules in Hendrickson appellate case

Post by LOBO »

The losthead thread in its original form...

http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/dialec ... %3Ft%3D625

:mrgreen:
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The acuity of members with respect to trivial referents is constantly astounding.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

In apparent response to the reference, by the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, to Hendrickson's criminal record and prior tax protester activity in connection with the bombing incident at the postal facility, Peter Hendrickson has now posted material on ad hominem arguments. I say "apparent" because it's not completely clear.

At any rate, the reference to Pete's criminal history, etc., appears to be a reference to the fact that he is a tax protester, not an attempt to make an ad hominem argument that Pete's tax theories are incorrect. The point made by the Court -- that Pete is a tax protester -- is material to the background for the case: namely, Pete's book Cracking the Code and Pete's use of the arguments in that book in connection with the erroneous claims for credit/refund that Pete filed.

By contrast, Pete's legal theories are discredited when the Court rules them to be frivolous, which they most certainly are.

I love it when someone (1) engages in a criminal act in furtherance of anti-tax beliefs, (2) is convicted and serves prison time for the crime, (3) develops elaborate, frivolous tax protester arguments, (4) tries to make money authoring and selling a self-published "book" containing those frivolous arguments, (5) operates a web site to spread his disinformation and promote his book, (6) uses those arguments to commit what appear to be even more crimes, including the willful filing of false tax refund/credit claims to evade tax on his own not-insubstantial income (although Pete has not been charged with this - yet), and (7) complains when the Court correctly refers to him as a tax protester and a criminal -- as though the Court has somehow have stepped out of bounds!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Famspear wrote:In apparent response to the reference, by the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, to Hendrickson's criminal record and prior tax protester activity in connection with the bombing incident at the postal facility, Peter Hendrickson has now posted material on ad hominem arguments.
I would simply say that there are some hominems that should be argued ad.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Famspear wrote:Peter Eric (Blowhard) Hendrickson wrote:
P. S. I also strongly encourage everyone-- and especially the lawyers-- to prepare and submit amicus briefs in support of an en banc rehearing. These will need to be submitted no later than mid-July, if I recall correctly.

Those able to do so should focus on all significant points in this contest and this ruling; everyone should at least be able to address the one matter of the lawless and pernicious proposition that an affiant can have testimony dictated to him or her (not to mention by a beneficiary of the dictated testimony). There is nothing that will be of greater impact on the court's subsequent behavior than a clear indicator that it's being watched by a large number of Americans who are not taken in by its pretenses.
Hey, Petsey-poo, I hate to be the one to break it to ya', but if any of your minions try to write and submit amicus briefs on what you call the "matter of the lawless and pernicious proposition that an affiant can have testimony dictated to him or her," there will be nothing of greater impact on the court's impression of you and your followers than this clear indicator that your followers are just as clueless as you are.
The Lostheads seem to have concluded that FRAP 29 will prevent the from filing amicus briefs. They believe that neither the DOJ nor the court would agree to allow the amicus briefs to be filed. It isn't clear why they assume that the court, which they believed would read their briefs and become enlightened, would not agree to receive them.

I implore the DOJ to let them know that their amicus briefs would be welcome. Don't derail the train wreck.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Quixote wrote: The Lostheads seem to have concluded that FRAP 29 will prevent the from filing amicus briefs. They believe that neither the DOJ nor the court would agree to allow the amicus briefs to be filed. It isn't clear why they assume that the court, which they believed would read their briefs and become enlightened, would not agree to receive them.

I implore the DOJ to let them know that their amicus briefs would be welcome. Don't derail the train wreck.
Besides, receiving the amicus briefs could make the IRS and DOJ's job easier. Simply sort the briefs in descending order of incoherence, start at the top and work down the list.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
LDE

Wascally wabbit

Post by LDE »

Grixit wrote:
Duck Season is over, now it's Rabbit Season.
Pete got shot with appellate gun.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

LDE wrote:Grixit wrote:
Duck Season is over, now it's Rabbit Season.
Pete got shot with appellate gun.
Good one!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

There's a thread now on LH about the procedural obstacles to filing amicus briefs.

One of the funniest comments:
almfree wrote:I see there have been over 7600 "VIEWS" for the recent Friv. Penalty post and the number of 'hits' that this website receives clearly shows there are more than a few of us interested in restoring the Rule of Law, and I thus assume- very disturbed by the Circus Court ruling regarding PH's appeal.
The thread on frivolous penalties is now at 113 messages, and has been going on for more than 4 months. Assume that there are as few as 20 regulars reading every message, that's 2,260 views right there. Add in views by indexing "bots," Quatloosians looking for laughs, IRS agents looking for leads, and a few lurkers, and you've really got just a few (and not "more than a few") of "us interested in restoring the Rule of Law."

Also noteworthy has been the press coverage of Hendrickson's loss in the 6th Circuit. The coverage in this case being zero.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
gezco

Post by gezco »

How is it that Pete isn’t in jail? I haven’t been following this lately, but it seems he should be in jail by now.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

gezco wrote:How is it that Pete isn’t in jail? I haven’t been following this lately, but it seems he should be in jail by now.
If and when the PeterEricBlowhardMeister is again indicted, it's gonna be a big story here in the Quatloosian Universe and, of course, at losthorizonsdotcom. For news developments, here would be some obvious web pages to watch:

http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/taxpress2008.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/usaopress/uspress2008.htm