TUC Update

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: TUC Update

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Just another oddity: Technically, TUC, Inc., wasn't there and an appeal of the order can't be filed without the representation of outside counsel.

Anything Cruz & his merry band file with the clerk will most likely wind up being stricken, so we'll probably miss out on more fun - until the criminal case is handed down, at least.

Which begs the question (again) - why the hell are these bozos still walking around? :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

CaptainKickback wrote:Remember the mindset of the local PD or SD. Their priorities are big drug busts, big gang busts, getting drunks off the road and writing tickets. It lets their bosses strut for the media and gets them a nice write up in their jacket.
I dunno about that Cap. Personally, I think "Local police arrest group threatening armed takeover of Bank of America" makes pretty good newspaper copy.

I also think the local police would look pretty bad if they fail to arrest these clowns and somebody ends up getting killed in one of their little insurrections.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Remember the mindset of the local PD or SD
This is Miami, one of the fraud capitals of the world, and mindset is definitely not the problem.

More likely a matter of being overwhelmed by fraud. About a year ago the Miami PD formed a division called the Miami Mortgage Fraud Task Force (this is in addition to the Miami PD Economic Crimes Bureau) and they've been arresting people by the dozen.

For instance, I noticed a couple of very strange transactions (sold for about twice market value to the same buyer and were heading into foreclosure less than 4 months later) not far from my house and e-mailed the details to the Chairman of the task force. I got a quick, personal response and the info I gave him was forwarded to a Sergeant who called me within a day. I developed some additional info and e-mailed the Chairman to get the Sergeant's e-mail address and they got back to me within 5 MINUTES. Shocking.

The PD is probably working with the FBI and others on the TUC morons. I doubt they'll be running around loose much longer.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Miami Police ought to be able to act on economic crimes .... but when I tried to have them track down the fellow who forged a series of checks to empty my father's bank account, about a dozen years ago, and they had this guy's name, photo, and everything else, I got nothing but lame excuses ... even excuses not to drive three blocks outside their official jurisdiction to see if he was still at an address I had been able to track him to. You'd suspect he had offered them a share of his loot.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

It also occurred to me that the attempted seizure might have been in one of the dozens of little fiefdoms that surround the City of Miami proper. North Miami, South Miami, West Miami, Miami Shores, Miami Lakes, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, Miami this, Maimi that and about 50 others that don't have "Miami" in their name. Most of them have their own police departments, many of which are probably not up to speed on nut-ball financial scams.

Turns out that the BoA branch was in Perrine. Perrine doesn't have a PD, but apparently the BoA Assistant Branch Manager called the Miami-Dade PD (Perrine being in Miami-Dade County.) The order granting the preliminary injunction says that a legal representative from MDPD showed up and told the BoA people the documents were junk and Cruz and Gardner were arrested when they refused to leave.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.