Recently released tax deniers

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Recently released tax deniers

Post by Demosthenes »

In the last few months, some big name TPs have been released from the pokey.

Roger Elvick (the guy who invented the redemption scam) was released in September and Johnny Liberty (John Van Hove) was released in April.

Has anyone seen any evidence that these guys are active again?
Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: Recently released tax deniers

Post by Demosthenes »

1. GEORGE HENRY JESSON 31737-112 57 White M 02-26-2008 RELEASED

I guess we should add Nick Jesson to the list of recent releases.
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

If they are on parole
There is no more federal parole. Only 15% 'good time' which you either behave yourself and get or not. Once you're out, you're out.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

. wrote:
If they are on parole
There is no more federal parole. Only 15% 'good time' which you either behave yourself and get or not. Once you're out, you're out.
There is no more federal "parole" in the sense of "early release". There is still "parole" in the sense of supervision, but it's called "supervised release". Thus once you're "out", you're generally on SR (and can certainly be violated and sent back in).
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Any supervised release would have been defined in some detail as part of their sentencing.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Thanks, Wes, I get it. Any 'good time' is served under 'supervised release' and amounts to the same thing as parole.

In fact, the federal stats actually call it 'parole.' One semi-interesting thing emerged from looking at the stats. About 40% of the people on supervised release (which also includes all of those initially sentenced to a term of SR in addition to or in lieu of incarceration) terminate it unsuccessfully by being (re)incarcerated.

Which is rather different from all of the TPs released in the last few years. Haven't heard of any of them being violated while on SR. Probably due to the relatively short amount of time on SR, 15% or less of the original prison sentence.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Not to be picky - hah! What else do lawyers do? - but not exactly. Supervised release does not automatically occur when someone is released before the end of his sentence due to accrued good time. It is a separate part of the sentence, imposed at the same time as the incarceration (and "required" by the Guidelines in almost every instance). It generally lasts far longer than just the 15% of the sentence credited to the good time - typically two or three years.

As I wrote before, the confusion results from the two meanings of the word "parole", one relating to discretionary early release and the other to post-release supervision. The former no longer exists in the federal system.

Having beaten this topic well past its natural life span, I now retire to rehearse a final time for the performance of Seussical my kids and I are appearing in this afternoon. In addition to a couple of chorus roles (as a Who and a Wickersham), I am also Yertle the Turtle - the judge in Horton's trial, an obvious piece of type-casting by the director. My younger daughter is Gertrude McFuzz, and my older daughter is the Sour Kangaroo. Lots of fun.

Order, order, order in the court.
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

1. WALTER M MAKEN 43135-061 66 White M 11-21-2007 RELEASED

Since his release, Walt has gone right back to his detax ways.
Re: [Cornforth-Strategies] RE: Info on contracts that suck one into the federal income tax

Vicki,

Some additional information that may be of help.

Regarding "taxprotester", "tax evasion", failure to pay a "tax", etc., consider this from Estate of Goetz v. U.S., 285 F.Supp128 (D.C.W.D. Missouri 1968): "Money paid to the Internal Revenue Service prior to the imposition of a valid tax assessment is a "deposit" rather than a "payment" [of a valid tax]." And this from Bothke v. Fluor Engineers, 713 F.2d 1405 (9th Cir, 1983): "Tax liability is a condition precedent to the deman. For the condition precedent of liability to be met, there must be a lawful assessment." I encourage the downloading, reading and studying of my Rule 60(b)(4) Motion to vacate inherently void "JUDGMENT IN A CRIMINAL CASE", as well as the two Supplements thereto, at WaltMaken.googlepages.com/waltmaken'srule60(b)(4)motiontovacate ,

Further, regarding the alleged "invisible contracts" and jurisdiction matter, I encourage a review of all info I have at Angelfire.com/oh5/waltmaken/FPP3522.html , taking particular note of the following: "And, as Richard Cornforth brings out so eloquently on page 2 of his excellent book entitled "Thou Teacheth My Hand To War", " Patriots have wasted an incredible amount of time trying to discover secret meanings and secret keys to American court proceedings,... And what's the real answer to how the courts work? It's simple. They are just crooks ." "

I further encourage the reading and study of the info and links I have at WaltMaken.googlepages.com .

Walt Maken
Demo.
wserra

Post by wserra »

So long as all he does is post gibberish on chat boards, he is likely doing nothing unlawful. Even parolees have First Amendment rights. Perhaps some of those who read it will have sufficient functioning brain cells to realize that the result of his nonsense was a federal felony conviction and 30 months in the pokey.

However, should anyone have information that his activities go beyond words, he is on three years of supervised release, supervised by United States Probation for the Southern District of Ohio. Probation officers are particularly interested in any reason to believe that a supervisee is engaging in activities similar to those for which he was convicted.
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

He's done his time, and as long as he's not a promoter, I don't really care what he posts. I'm more interested in whether or not prison has actually awakened any of these fools from their cult mentality.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

CaptainKickback wrote:Thanks for my morning laugh Demo. That was droll. You assume that they realize that they have committed a wrong and you know in their minds they are still correct and it was [pick your persecution du jour] that sent them to prison. The scheme promoters are so lost in their monomania they will continue :brickwall: until they are senile or have shuffled off this mortal coil.
Life's not that simple. For example, we have several ex-tax protesters who post here. They've snapped out of it just fine.

The case I mentioned in the first post of this thread is an interesting one. Roger Elvick is the guy who invented the strawman ALL CAPS / redemption theory stuff back in the 1980s. He was convicted in two separate trials in 1990 (one in Hawaii, and one in North Dakota) and spent the next seven years in a federal prison.

In 2003, he was indicted again, this time by a state court in Ohio. He didn't pass his psych exam and spent nine months in a mental institution before he was finally found fit to stand trial. He pled guilty at that time, and was sentenced to four years. He was released on parole after two and a half years in state prison.

Spending nine months in a mental institution and pleading guilty as a result may be a pretty good indication that there's hope for Elvick.

Ironically, Danny Riley is currently making all of the exact same arguments that Elvick made in 2003, the ones that landed Elvick in the loony bin.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

I just finished preparing my 2007 tax return.

By my calculations and some Board of Prisons statistics, 100% of my income tax payments aren't enough to cover the costs of Schiff and the Browns.