Quick EITC Question

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
RyanMcC

Quick EITC Question

Post by RyanMcC »

I received Notice CP27 for the tax years 2005 & 2006. Notice CP27 is entitled "You may be eligible for a refund, if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit". On the back it contains 4 questions, it says if you answer "No" to all the questions to mail it back in and they will send you a refund.

I never mailed these in although I qualified for the credit. I just found the Notice CP27 for 2006 (mailed to me in 2007), so can I just fill that one out and mail it in?

I lost the CP27 notice for 2005 (mailed to me in 2006), is it possible to get another copy of that and mail it in as well?
VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag

Re: Quick EITC Question

Post by VinnyZ »

You can alway just amend the previous year's returns to add the EITC.
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

That's true, which is why I put it off.

I was just curious if mailing back notice CP27 was an option still and if it was possible to get another CP27 sent to me for the 2005 year, it seemed easier that way.

My assumption would be the answers are yes and yes, that I could probally just call the IRS and have them send me another CP27 for 2005 and mail them both in, I figured I'd ask though.

What would be the prefered way to do it, 1040X or request another CP27 and mail them in?
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

There is no way for anyone you are likely to reach to regenerate a CP27. There may be no way at all to regenerate them. If you qualify for EIC, file a 1040X.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat