IRS's Mail Losing Department

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

IRS's Mail Losing Department

Post by Quixote »

From Gabo on LH:
Hey everyone, this is my first post and I'm glad to finally be on these forums!

After reading through CtC twice, I just finished filling out my 2007 forms 1040 and 4852 and am about to turn them in to get my full refund for this year.

I know one big problem with filing returns is the extensive Mail Losing Department, and I've heard a few different ways to prevent one's return from being lost.

I'd appreciate any tips you all have for making sure the return is received and processed completely and properly by the IRS.

What I've heard is to take it all directly into an IRS office, and then have it approved that it has been received, as well as make copies.

Could someone elaborate on this? I've never filed a return before, and want to make sure I'm doing everything right.
(Emphasis added.)

I thought I'd found my dream job, but I couldn't find a listing for the IRS's Mail Losing Department on fedjobs.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
LOBO

Re: IRS's Mail Losing Department

Post by LOBO »

They're not lost as much as letters with legal gibberish become illegible when one spews coffee on them being read.