DOJ asks judge to hold Dave Champion in contempt

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

DOJ asks judge to hold Dave Champion in contempt

Post by Demosthenes »

Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: DOJ asks judge to hold Dave Champion in contempt

Post by Demosthenes »

And who'd have thought that this gem of a document wouldn't have made Dave's legal troubles simply vanish:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/champion12.pdf
Demo.
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

I've said this before, but I believe my previous post about Dave was deleted when my login name was deleted a few weeks ago. So I'll say it again:

If I were the IRS, I would love to have a stack of affidavits of Dave Champion supporters who affirm that Dave has stated that some people are liable for income taxes. It's a handy short list of people the IRS should be investigating. It's almost as if, in showing that he should not be obliged to obey the court order to produce books and records, Dave actually produced some of the books and records the government was interested in in the first place.

Way to go, Dave! Not only are you too chicken to show up and obey the court's order, you're also throwing your supporters under a bus as you do so!

What a sweet guy!
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I've looked up the first two names from the affidavits so far and they have huge federal income tax liens outstanding.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Just looked up the next name. It's three for three so far.

DEBTOR: VAN EMBURGH,RICHARD J
CREDITOR: IRS
AMOUNT: $ 209,032
NUMBER: 2005128490
TYPE: FEDERAL TAX LIEN
IRS Serial No. 236060805
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Make that four out of four so far.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

IRS attorney Kathryn Meyer (another redhead): YOU GO GIRL!
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Demosthenes wrote:I've looked up the first two names from the affidavits so far and they have huge federal income tax liens outstanding.
Of course! Those are the guys who somehow managed to listen to Champion for years without hearing a word he was saying. Naturally they owe income tax, because they weren't paying attention when Dave told them they were not subject to the income tax.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:Just looked up the next name. It's three for three so far.

DEBTOR: VAN EMBURGH,RICHARD J
CREDITOR: IRS
AMOUNT: $ 209,032
NUMBER: 2005128490
TYPE: FEDERAL TAX LIEN
IRS Serial No. 236060805
Only $209k? I guess some people just aren't trying hard enough.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

According to the little birdie on the window sill, Dave Champion has been in the crosshairs for a number of years.

However, he is one of the cagiest of the promoters, carefully not advertising or overtly selling anything which could cause trouble.

The same little birdie mentioned something about how it would be really interesting if he had been unknowingly providing (for a not insignificant fee) consulting services regarding tax evasion to a number of undercover agents for a number of years.

The little birdie also said something about witnesses coming out of the woodwork at future trials for criminal AND civil matters. The last words she muttered sounded something like "put the body in jail and take all the resources" but I could be mistaken.

Then again, what do little birdies know?
webhick

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:According to the little birdie on the window sill...
::snip::
The same little birdie mentioned...
The little birdie also said...
The last words she muttered sounded something like...
Then again, what do little birdies know?
They know you've been dipping into my stash and that Champion's downfall is irresistibly sexy.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

That is not completely true.

To address your statements in reverse order, the sexiness on Champion's downfall is directly proportionate to the perversity of the observer.

Regarding your stash: The last time you shared it with me, I had to undergo three complete blood transfusions and a partial liver transplant before my urine got back to a color even close enough to turn it in for the mandatory tests. Fortunately, whatever you had in that stuff was still powerful enough, after massive dilution, to burn out their gas chromatograph thereby preventing a negative result. The ubiquitous THEY are still debating how to charge me back for the destroyed equipment.

Needless to say, I won't be anywhere near your stash, again, until you can come up with something that will not cause the interns to glow as brightly as the Times Square New Years ball.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:Regarding your stash: The last time you shared it with me, I had to undergo three complete blood transfusions and a partial liver transplant before my urine got back to a color even close enough to turn it in for the mandatory tests. Fortunately, whatever you had in that stuff was still powerful enough, after massive dilution, to burn out their gas chromatograph thereby preventing a negative result. The ubiquitous THEY are still debating how to charge me back for the destroyed equipment.
Yeah, I remember you wouldn't stop whining. "My pee is purple! My nose tastes like crayon! Why does my belly button hurt when I cry? WHY AM I CRYING?!" I mean even Keith Richards was like, "Everything in moderation, man." But he should be the one to talk considering that the first time he tried it, he attempted to decapitate a hamster...and Elton John prefers to keep his head attached, so the attempt was not well received.
Needless to say, I won't be anywhere near your stash, again, until you can come up with something that will not cause the interns to glow as brightly as the Times Square New Years ball.
Oh, they've stopped glowing as brightly as the Times Square New Years ball. Unfortunately, their balls now grow on New Years to the size of Times Square. I think someone in R&D forgot to carry a one.
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

Quixote wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I've looked up the first two names from the affidavits so far and they have huge federal income tax liens outstanding.
Of course! Those are the guys who somehow managed to listen to Champion for years without hearing a word he was saying. Naturally they owe income tax, because they weren't paying attention when Dave told them they were not subject to the income tax.
I think what's really going on is that people who have major tax problems--but not necessarily any TP background--turn to Dave as a source of comfort as their worlds crash down around them. Dave gives them the comforting feeling that they are "nontaxpayers" even if they've never used any of his theories. It kind of gives me a whole new perspective on how a guy like Dave can become popular. He's not recruiting tax protestors; he's helping keep all-purpose tax idiots in a state of perpetual denial.

I look forward to hearing from a little bird that Dave has become a jailbird.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

That's a good little birdie, have a handful of crickets. Don't worry these are the ones from last year that were about to die of old age anyway. The latest hatchling are in the cabinet practicing.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

Name #5 in the stack of affidavits is probably a genuine nontaxpayer.

He is serving time in a federal prison for selling a gun in violation of the Brady law to an insane person who used the gun to kill one police officer and wound another.

He probably won't earn enough income this year to be required to file.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I don't think it's the same guy. Different state, different middle initial.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

grixit wrote:That's a good little birdie, have a handful of crickets. Don't worry these are the ones from last year that were about to die of old age anyway. The latest hatchling are in the cabinet practicing.
Little birdies, by their very nature are flighty.

It's impossible to predict when it will visit again with a new song to sing.
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

The truth isn't always pleasant. :lol:
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

I did some background research on Champion for my "dossier" on him, and found that, like most tax protesters, he might have gotten his start because of a traumatic encounter with the IRS.

Champion claims that he began investigating federal and state tax laws in 1993 after being "accosted" by the Internal Revenue Service. According to the public record, he filed a petition with the Tax Court pro se contesting notices of deficiencies for the years 1983 through 1990, but the petition was dismissed because it was not timely filed. David A. Champion v. Commissioner, Docket# 004777-96 (T.C. 8/20/1996).

Apparently, the taxes were assessed, and the IRS began collection actions, because the IRS later requested, and received, two court orders to enter Champion's premises in order to effect levies for unpaid taxes. United States v. Champion, No. 2:97-cv-05842-DDP-Mc (U.S.D.C. C.D. Cal. 8/7/1997), and No. 2:97-cv-06243-DWW-CT (8/20/1997). Champion then filed a petition in federal court seeking to enjoin the IRS and the return of the property seized, but the petition was dismissed for lack of subject matter jurisdiction. David A. Champion v. United States, No. 2:97-cv-04478-DDP-RC (U.S.D.C. C.D. Cal. 1/15/1998), appeal dismissed for failure to prosecute, No. 97-56332 (9th Cir. 12/15/1997). The appellate docket refers to "Champion Estate Trust and Transportation Institute, a Trust," as an appellant, so it is possible that Champion had fallen for some kind of "pure trust" scam.

Not a happy picture, and it might have started him on the path of tax denial.

And I don't know if this is relevant, but the lawyer who represented Champion in the District Court and on appeal, Elliott L. Aheroni, was disbarred in 2002 for embezzling client funds.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.