Court finally rules in Hendrickson appellate case

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Court finally rules in Hendrickson appellate case

Post by Demosthenes »

Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Judge finally rules in Hendrickson appellate case

Post by Famspear »

"Peter E. Hendrickson is a tax protester" p. 1.

"[ . . . ]the Hendricksons make numerous challenges [ . . . ] which fairly can be characterized as plainly baseless tax protester arguments." p. 2

[ . . . ]the [Hendricksons'] challenges are patently meritless." p. 3.

"[ . . . ]remaining claims also plainly lack merit." p. 4

"[ . . . ]typical tax protester argument [ . . .]" p. 4.

"Given the patent baselessness of the Hendrickson's assertions [ . . . ]" p. 4.

Obviously, yet another glorious "win" for Peter E. (Blowhard) Hendrickson! After all, for this frivolous tax protester appeal, he was sanctioned only $4,000, rather than the $8,000 requested.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Obviously Hendrickson did not understand CTC and argued it wrong.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Well, it is about time!
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

Given the patent baselessness of the Hendricksons’ assertions on appeal, the government’s motion for sanctions will be granted, but only in the amount of $4,000.00.
Victory!
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Quixote wrote:Obviously Hendrickson did not understand CTC and argued it wrong.
Hit my head on the floor, falling out of my chair laughing...

Good one!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Maybe he didn't read the whole book cover to cover.
Demo.
Investor

Post by Investor »

Here's the question, did LostHorizons.com adjust their "retained or taken back" number to reduce it by the amount of Hendrickson's frivolous argument penalty?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

CaptainKickback wrote:[ . . . ] The judge did not come right out and call Pete a blithering idiot, so that's a victory of sorts, I guess......
Maybe that's because, as Quixote noted, Blowhard Hendrickson just didn't argue his own theory correctly. If only Pete had regurgitated the entire crock of Cracking the Code crapola!

Yeah, that's it! This appeal was just a very clever tactic on the part of the all-knowing, all-seeing Savior of America, Peter E. Hendrickson! By not properly arguing his own tax evasion theory, in every minute detail, in full, before the appeals court, Pete can now say that he really "won" -- by being sanctioned only $4,000 and by not being called a blithering idiot. And by not properly arguing CtC in full, Pete has of course cleverly "tricked" the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit into failing to use just the right words in just the right way in the text of its Order -- so that yet another in a long string of defeats for Blowhard Hendrickson and his adoring multitudes actually stands as a vindication of this CtC crapola! Ohhhhh, that Hendrickson has outsmarted everyone - he is so clever!
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

What the hell took them (the 6th Circuit) so long?

It doesn't look like they spent much time agonizing over the issue of sanctions.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Investor

Post by Investor »

I went to see if there was any noise about this on the LH forum. It is down, is this a recent development, or has the forum been shut down for some time?

Oops, it must have been at my end. The forum is working...
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Famspear wrote:Yeah, that's it! This appeal was just a very clever tactic on the part of the all-knowing, all-seeing Savior of America, Peter E. Hendrickson! By not properly arguing his own tax evasion theory, in every minute detail, in full, before the appeals court, Pete can now say that he really "won" -- by being sanctioned only $4,000 and by not being called a blithering idiot.
He also preserves his opportunity to appeal to the Supreme Court, which he would have lost if the 6th Circuit had ruled in his favor.

(I think I just got my tongue permanently wedged into my own cheek.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Instant Message:

To: Peter E. Hendrickson, Savior of America

Dear Pete:

Please feel free to copy any of my explanatory material above into your losthorizons forum, if anyone starts asking nasty and impertinent questions over there about what happened to you at the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. This may help provide your minions (oops, I mean, your "CtC educated," freedom-loving patriots) an explanation of this development -- yet another in a lengthening string of defeats (oops, I mean "victories," of course) for CtC.

Oh, another idea just occurred to me, Pete. Every time you or one of your people loses in court, why not simply try rebutting the presumption that you have lost the case!?! Heeeeeere's what you do: Just mail a separate Form 4862 to the clerk of each applicable court where you and other crackheads have lost (and of course by "lost" I mean "won") "correcting" the court's opinion or order in the case! Presto! Just as you turn "income" into "no income", you can turn "defeat" into "no defeat"! How easy!

That should work about as well as using Form 4862 to "correct" Form W-2 and 1099 reports filed by all those "confused" payors who just don't understand all the intricacies of Cracking the Code.

I should really charge you for this kind of help, Pete.
Investor

Re: Court finally rules in Hendrickson appellate case

Post by Investor »

So, why no news of this big victory over at LH.com?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Investor wrote:So, why no news of this big victory over at LH.com?
I think it has something to do with Einstein's General Theory of Relativity and the delay encountered when trying to get "light" to travel from our universe over to the alternative universe (and alternate reality) known as "losthorizons."

I think physicists say that when an object (such as a space ship) approaches the so-called "event horizon" of a black hole somewhere in deep space, any observers far enough away from the black hole will, under Einstein's General Theory (involving gravity as the manifestation of the curvature of the space-time continuum), view the object that is approaching the event horizon as somehow seeming to slow down, so that time itself for that object will appear, to the faraway observers in the "regular" part of the universe (that includes us regular folks here at Quatloos), as slowing or even stopping.

I think that maybe accurate information on the crapolistic, frivolous nature of CtC is sort of like that "object" approaching the event horizon of the black hole. And maybe the "losthorizons universe" is like the black hole itself. Under this analogy, it is very, very hard to get anything of substance -- or any real "light" in the form of valid information -- into the black hole over there, where it could help someone.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I doubt Pete knows about it yet.
Demo.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:I doubt Pete knows about it yet.
Darn! There you go, Demo! You just deflated my entire pseudo-scientific, cosmic explanation!
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Famspear wrote:
Darn! There you go, Demo! You just deflated my entire pseudo-scientific, cosmic explanation!
I guess it's all for the best, though. At least Demo broke me of the incipient habit of beginning every paragraph with the words "I think".
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Pete will not rush to make it known, since it will hurt the sales of his materials/junk, which is ALL that ever cared about anyway.

Pete's just another paytriot.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Anyone know how long it takes to get approved to join LH?