My favorite LH thread this week

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

My favorite LH thread this week

Post by Dezcad »

This one speaks for itself-
continentalarmy

Post subject: Which Subtitle governs taxes on land/real estate
Has anybody applied these principles (CtC) to the sale of land or real estate?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
spacebar

Hope this helps - If my memory works right, you and the seller / buyer agree to a receipt in which is written "Twenty One Dollars U.S. Silver and other notes of appreciable value" - They say to use Twenty One Dollars U.S. Silver because of the seventh amendment in the Bill of Rights.

* Seventh Amendment – Civil trial by jury.

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

So, even if your buying a "field of dreams" your receipt, for state tax purposes, would be for 21 dollars. Now, I have no firsthand experience with this method and don't know anyone who used this method. But, I heard that the highest court in the land, higher than U.S. Supreme Court is a seventh amendment common law court.
(bolding added)
Leftcoaster

Re: My favorite LH thread this week

Post by Leftcoaster »

But, I heard that the highest court in the land, higher than U.S. Supreme Court is a seventh amendment common law court.
It's totally super high! You can almost see the ocean from the steps of the courthouse!
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Leftcoaster wrote:
But, I heard that the highest court in the land, higher than U.S. Supreme Court is a seventh amendment common law court.
It's totally super high! You can almost see the ocean from the steps of the courthouse!
Good gravy, the secret is out! Once TPs find out about this court, they will start filing and winning suits like crazy!

Who leaked this? Was it one of your interns, Webhick?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
buck09
Quatloosian Baron of the Unknown Statute

Post by buck09 »

The Observer wrote:
Leftcoaster wrote:
Good gravy, the secret is out! Once TPs find out about this court, they will start filing and winning suits like crazy!

I've heard this one before. I was told that the court is located in the basement of the Supreme Court building in DC. It's the highest court you can appeal to, assuming you've managed to stay out of the gold-fringed admiralty courts all along the way.

I happened to be visiting DC a few months later, so I asked the person if they could be kind enough to tell me which floor and what room # they meet in, just in case I had trouble getting directions when I got there. (I was a teenager and it was a stop on the tour...) Surprisingly, I never found out where it was. Of course, being a teenager means risking embarrassment simply by going outdoors, so there was no way I could ask for directions to the secret basement court.
I’ll help them get more power at the Fed. - Ron Paul
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

buck09 wrote:
The Observer wrote:But, I heard that the highest court in the land, higher than U.S. Supreme Court is a seventh amendment common law court.

I've heard this one before. I was told that the court is located in the basement of the Supreme Court building in DC. It's the highest court you can appeal to, assuming you've managed to stay out of the gold-fringed admiralty courts all along the way.

I happened to be visiting DC a few months later, so I asked the person if they could be kind enough to tell me which floor and what room # they meet in, just in case I had trouble getting directions when I got there. (I was a teenager and it was a stop on the tour...) Surprisingly, I never found out where it was. Of course, being a teenager means risking embarrassment simply by going outdoors, so there was no way I could ask for directions to the secret basement court.
The highest court in the land is actually this one:

This is on top of the supreme court building. (I lost a game of horse on this court..) This was taken a few months ago, so I can testify that it is still there. This is where the cases are decided by games of horse. Its the grand conspiracy the TPs have been looking for.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

If they switched to games of "jackass," they might get more resolved.

Edit: Sorry! I lost my composure momentarily. I'll go back to work now.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Two of the justices of the highest court in the land:

"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Now, I have no firsthand experience with this method and don't know anyone who used this method
Almost overlooked this. Continentalarmy has no hesitation in offering advice or instruction even though he has no idea that it will work, let alone if it is even true that a 7th Amendment Common Law Court exists. So why does he think this is worth mentioning?

By the way, Justice of the Seventh Amendment Common Law Court would be a great Quatloosian title
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff