Gene's singing never gets old. Also, a Gene update.

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
ElfNinosMom

Gene's singing never gets old. Also, a Gene update.

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Someone the other day mentioned Gene Chapman's song "Missed the Gist of Jesus' Promised Land". Surprisingly, I still had it saved on my laptop, from back when he was making audioblogs while pretending to be a Libertarian presidential candidate, so I decided to post it for laughs. Unfortunately I can't post audio files to wordpress, so instead I took a bunch of old Gene pictures I had on the computer, added a few others, and made it all into my first-ever YouTube video. :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7vxvJxRkzg

Gene still has his blog wherein he pretends to be able to outdo Warren Buffett in the stock market. It seems like he actually is investing in some things, though on a very, very small scale. The guy never learns. He owes the IRS a bunch of money, has owed it for years and years thanks to filing ZIT returns, and he still keeps telling everyone his business, on the internet no less.

http://buffettstudy.blogspot.com/

If anybody reading this isn't familiar with Gene, my old "Gene Chapman for President of the United States of America, Incorporated" blog is still up.

http://chapmanforpresident.blogspot.com
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Gene's singing never gets old. Also, a Gene update.

Post by grixit »

Actually, his Buffet Studies project looks more or less legit. He's no longer claiming he used to skunk Buffet back in the day and appears to be actually following standard procedure, checking PE ratios and so forth.

Meanwhile Dougie has stopped playing war correspondent for the Frickintardistan Times-Herald-Gazette-Pennysaver, let My Night to Write lapse, and has been adding to his network engineer certifications.

I feel kind of let down.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Kind of a bittersweet moment when you see TPs actually doing realisitic things to try to improve their lives. Sort of like watching your kids move out and marry and start a family - while you are glad to see that they are getting on with their lives, you have to admit you are going to miss the crazier moments when they were living with you.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

The Observer wrote:Kind of a bittersweet moment when you see TPs actually doing realisitic things to try to improve their lives. Sort of like watching your kids move out and marry and start a family - while you are glad to see that they are getting on with their lives, you have to admit you are going to miss the crazier moments when they were living with you.
Don't get too far ahead of yourself... I don't imagine for a second that this delusional narcissistic fool has turned it around, especially on such scanty evidence. I bet a dollar we will enjoy many more crazy moments.

This January 2008 post shows the old Gene is not far under the surface of his Buffet-loving "investor" persona:
Concerning the markets, they are reacting to an over-extension of credit, combined with inflation in the M1 Money Supply by Congress. The 5th plank of "The Communist Manifesto" is doing what it was designed to do: rattle the property out of the hands of individuals and place it into the hands of politicians and rich people.