Descent of Owls

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Descent of Owls

Post by webhick »

Recently, one of Darth Hendrickson's high-level minions deleted a thread from the LH forum about the UCC.

Hilarity ensued.

Some of my favorites:
Janiece wrote:So, there is no "free speech" here ?
Nope. Try another "tax honesty" forum. Oh, wait, I doubt you'll find it there either.
Janiece wrote:That's really sad as we all deal with more than just "taxation" issues and CtC is only part of the whole puzzle.
Someone needs to go back and read CtC again and again and again. ALL the answers are in there! Just keep going back and re-reading it until you find them all. GO FIND WALDO. HE'S IN THE BOOK. CRACK HIS CODE!
Richardf614 wrote:I do not know what happened to it. Usually the topic is just locked. I have never seen one disappear.
Usually locked? Are you serious? I can't find one locked topic.
Submarine Veteran wrote:I deleted the thread. If you'd like to complain about it, contact Pete and I will adhere to his direction for the future.
Translation: "If you disagree, go whine to my supervisor until he tells me to stop doing it."
kae wrote:Not to upset the rules of the ctc forum but to share with you 1st-hand info, I filed a UCC3
If you know you're not supposed to, then why do you? Is it "Big Red Button" syndrome? Are you incapable of reading? Are you so inwardly focused that you are unable to recognize anyone outside yourself? Do you play with birds in the shower?
ericcalderon wrote:Censorship of the UCC thread was an error.
[..snip..]
Should you posses some information or research to counter the potential use of UCC-3 forms to clear NSTL filings please share it.
I do believe there's lots of proof out there countering the UCC arguments. But no one on LH will provide it, least of all a moderator. Heaven forbid should they have to consult actual court cases, etc. instead of doctored quotes on websites.
Janiece wrote:Sub Vet,

I'm sorry you don't think we are intelligent enough adults to make our own decisions.
Well, you are on the LH forum. You did work for H&R Block. Hell, you were so good they let you complete schedules B, C, and D in your very first year (which you claim first years are only allowed 1040 and schedule A) and you were offered a promotion to come back for a second season. Although I wonder that, if you were so good, why they didn't try to keep you on for the full year? Hmph. Maybe you're only tolerable in small doses. In any event, I think I've made a decent enough case about your intelligence. And what I think about H&R Block.
TruthBearer wrote:While I sympathize with Janiece (as we are all looking for that magic bullet with which to slay those Sons of Beasts, or at least get them to obey the law), the UCC is at best a diversion, and at worst a path to more problems and frustrations.
The UCC crap is no different from CtC in the most important of aspects: Anyone trying it will more than likely end up in worse shape than they started.
TruthBearer wrote:When a topic IS removed, however, it should not be done secretly; the moderator should immediately post an explanatory note, giving a full rationale for such removal. In that way, learning may continue in a positive way. How about it, SubVeteran?....
Wow. I think I see some sanity. Now, wait for it. SubVet is about to give a full rationale for the removal:
Submarine Veteran wrote:My apologies for not posting a notice. Next time I will simply lock the thread.
Yeah..didn't think so either. But, here comes daddy!
Darth Hendrickson wrote:That said, in future a descent of owls on an offending thread while leaving it in place might be a better, and more productive, course.
I don't recommend that. Owls aren't supposed to eat binary. All the little bits give them gas. Do you really want to be surrounded by farting owls?

And I don't know how productive it would be...but I do so enjoy watching tax protesters argue amongst themselves.
demolane wrote:I've read a lot on this forum that has nothing to do with CTC practices but for someone to pass judgement to what others post is kinda like what the government is doing with the tax collections and responses.
Did you just accuse Darth Hendrickson and his minions of discarding posts on their lack of merit? Do you think SubVet shouted "FRIVOLOUS!" as he hit the delete button? Maybe he's a closet judge...you know, when his wife is away, he puts on a black robe and plays with his gavel.
Weston White wrote:BTW, Dave Champion discusses this a bit one a show, at the beginning of Hour 2...
DESCEND, OWLS, DESCEND!
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Descent of Owls

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Is that like an unkindness of ravens?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

webhick wrote:Did you just accuse Darth Hendrickson and his minions of discarding posts on their lack of merit? Do you think SubVet shouted "FRIVOLOUS!" as he hit the delete button? Maybe he's a closet judge...you know, when his wife is away, he puts on a black robe and plays with his gavel.
I'm sending you the bill for a new keyboard.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
webhick

Post by webhick »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
webhick wrote:Did you just accuse Darth Hendrickson and his minions of discarding posts on their lack of merit? Do you think SubVet shouted "FRIVOLOUS!" as he hit the delete button? Maybe he's a closet judge...you know, when his wife is away, he puts on a black robe and plays with his gavel.
Did the keyboard get stuck in your nose? How many times do I have to tell you not to snort QWERTY? If you're going to snort anything, it should be Dvorak. He really enjoys it.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

webhick wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Did the keyboard get stuck in your nose? How many times do I have to tell you not to snort QWERTY? If you're going to snort anything, it should be Dvorak. He really enjoys it.
A jaded young lady named Gertie
Decided to try snorting QWERTY.
It was bad, I suppose,
When it caught in her nose
And she sneezed -- getting everything dirty.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick

Post by webhick »

Famspear wrote: A jaded young lady named Gertie
It was bad, I suppose,
Brilliant!
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

webhick wrote:
It was bad, I suppose,
Brilliant!
Aw, shucks, ma'am......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
cdj1122

Post by cdj1122 »

It was bad, I suppose,
There was a young woman named Bright
Whose typing was faster than light.
She started one day
In a relative way,
And finished the previous night.