Liberty Dollar continued

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Liberty Dollar continued

Post by Demosthenes »

August 23. 2008

Alert #24: Peace Dollar Error Discovered

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters:

It has been brought to our attention that several people have been receiving these alerts with extra "garbage characters" mixed into the text. We apologize and are working to resolve the issue. If you are having trouble reading the text in this email it can be viewed

http://www.libertydollar.org/alert

I am amazed to announce that Metta Zetty, the RCO in Austin Texas, just discovered a Peace Dollar Error! It is obvious from Metta's description and from specimens discovered at the Evansville Fulfillment Office that some of the 2008 Peace Dollars were minted with the wrong reverse die… creating a most unusual and very rare Error… and I am sure one of the hottest collectibles in the lon! g list of Liberty Dollar issues.

The Peace Dollar Error was minted with the Ron Paul reverse die that states: VOTE FOR TRUTH instead of GIVE PEACE A CHANCE. And although there has never been a better time for such an important admonishment for peace… it is the wrong die. We don't know how many we have… but we hope to have enough to issue the same number of Numbered and Hallmarked Errors that were sold out of the regular 2008 Peace Dollar.

Announcing the new Peace Dollar Error in pure copper. This is an extremely very limited edition! Errors are only $5 each, limit five. 300 Hallmarked Errors for $15, limit three and 300 Numbered Errors are $20, limit two. All three issues are now available on our Shopping Cart. Please click HERE to order. First come - First served until sold out. Get them while you can, as they will certainly sell out.

All! Numbered and Hallmarked 2008 Peace Dollar with the correct re! verse ar e SOLD OUT. A few of the copper 2008 Peace Dollars for only $1.00 are still available. Please don't let this important political issue pass you by. If you ordered the maximum previously, you can still order up to 50 right now. Please click HERE to order the regular Peace Dollar. We need it and the peace it represents, NOW more than ever before.

MONEY SCAM by Chris Hansen of Sovereignty Education and Defense Ministry http://www.SEDM.org has issued his definitive work on the rise and fall of the US dollar. Titled: Money Scam, it is chuck full of photos, text, original documents, laws and just about everything relating to money and the current scam represents. This is one of the best and complete works including a powerful Conclusion and Summary chapter that is not to be missed. Yes! At 188 pages, ! it is not a walk in the park, but highly recommended. Click HERE to down load the Money Scam pdf file for FREE. Take a moment or an hour to check out this very deep site. Click on MONEY for a small taste of this excellent site on money, taxation, etc.

Silver Summit is HOT! If you love silver and want the best, up-to-date info and meet the principle players I encourage you to come to the Silver Summit in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho from September 18 to 19 with extra event on the day before and after. I will again be one of six featured speakers in addition to over a hundred silver mines and producers. Click here for more info. Hope to see you there, as this may be my last public appearance.
My Retirement to "blow your mind! " looms… as we get closer to October 1…

< b>And last but not least, let us remember that on August 24, 410 AD, Rome fell after they destroyed currency. And it was on August 25, 1999 that gold was only $252.50. If you didn't score then… then it is time to pull your head out and score now! These metal prices are the best you will see. Stock up while you can! Don't delay!

Many thanks to all the Liberty Associates, Merchants, and RCOs for your continued support. For it is only by banding together and adopting a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures" will we be able to throw off the yoke of a manipulated monetary/tax system and generate a peaceful and prosperous society.

Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect / Editor
Demo.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Liberty Dollar continued

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:
August 23. 2008

Alert #24: Peace Dollar Error Discovered

some of the 2008 Peace Dollars were minted with the wrong reverse die… creating a most unusual and very rare Error… the P.T. Barnum reverse die that states: THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE
Truth in advertising.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Announcing the new Peace Dollar Error in pure copper. This is an extremely very limited edition! Errors are only $5 each, limit five. 300 Hallmarked Errors for $15, limit three and 300 Numbered Errors are $20, limit two.
Really? Now that he has supposedly made errors in printing coins, he is going to purposely more coins in error?
MONEY SCAM by Chris Hansen of Sovereignty Education and Defense Ministry...
Quite possibly the most truthful thing that Nuthaus has ever said. So what led you to believe that Hansen is a scammer?
...has issued his definitive work on the rise and fall of the US dollar.
Gee, for a moment there, you were flirting with the truth and then it got away from you.
Titled: Money Scam, it is chuck full of photos, text, original documents, laws and just about everything relating to money and the current scam represents
Well, everything but truth, facts, logic and coherent statements.
Yes! At 188 pages, ! it is not a walk in the park, but highly recommended.
Let's just say that it is more like a walk in the park at 2:00 AM with muggers nearby.
And last but not least, let us remember that on August 24, 410 AD, Rome fell after they destroyed currency.
Boy, that has to be a shock to the Visigoths:

Alaric: Ok, boys that's a wrap. We did some pretty good fighting here.
Visigoth: Uh, sir - about our fighting?
Alaric: Yeah?
Visigoth: We, er, didn't actually fight.
Alaric: You what? Didn't fight? What do you mean?
Visigoth: Exactly that - we didn't fight. We just walked into Italy and took Rome.
Alaric: That's impossible - the Roman Empire has legions and fortresses - ye gods man, I know Rome has walls! No way we didn't fight.
Visigoth: No sir, we didn't encounter any of that. It was like all missing or something.
Alaric: You have to be mistaken.
Visigoth: Wish I were. As far as we can make out, just before we got into Italy, some Illuminati started destroying every single Roman denarius they could find.
Alaric: And how could that make walls go away?
Visigoth: Beats me, but everytime they disentegrated a coin, a piece of infrastructure just vaporized. By the time they got down to the last coin, we were walking through the back door of Rome.
Alaric: This is embarrasing to say the least. Listen, we can't let this get out or we will be the laughingstock of Europe. We have a reputation to keep. Do whatever you can do to make it look like there was a big fight and round up every historian you can find so we can muzzle them.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I've got to get myself a job where, when I screw up, I can charge even more!
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Demosthenes wrote:
MONEY SCAM by Chris Hansen of Sovereignty Education and Defense Ministry http://www.SEDM.org has issued his definitive work on the rise and fall of the US dollar. Titled: Money Scam, it is chuck full of photos, text, original documents, laws and just about everything relating to money and the current scam represents. This is one of the best and complete works including a powerful Conclusion and Summary chapter that is not to be missed. Yes! At 188 pages, ! it is not a walk in the park, but highly recommended. Click HERE to down load the Money Scam pdf file for FREE. Take a moment or an hour to check out this very deep site. Click on MONEY for a small taste of this excellent site on money, taxation, etc.
OOOOPS. Nuthouse just blew the whiny Hansen's cover on SEDM. Didn't Hansen always claim he never had anything to do with them (even though just about everyone knows better)???

Demo, you may want to forward this info to the appropriate authorities -- although I'm sure they all know better than to believe a word Hansen says about anything.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

fortinbras wrote:I've got to get myself a job where, when I screw up, I can charge even more!
Well you could work for the treasury dept or post office. Just print something upside down and save a few for yourself....this one is worth over 1/2 a million.

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Von NotHaus's announcement of these irregular "Peace Dollars" is, once again, on a new item findable only by fiddling with the URL to the Alerts listed on his website. I don't know why he neglects to list these Alerts openly right away (they get listed a few days after being issued), perhaps it's supposed to be a secret method of getting news to the "inner circle" ahead of the hoi polloi:
http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/legal/r ... 3_2008.htm

But you've got to ask yourself, von NotHaus himself churned out this "irregular" copper coins and now he's decided (on the basis of no evidence at all) they're already highly sought-after collectors' items worth an enormous premium, and he's charging that premium right up front. And he's doing this even while he can churn out even more "irregulars" (and probably is) for this premium price. It may well end up with the "correct" coin being the real rarity.

Funny thing, when Haynes or Fruit of the Loom turn out underwear that's "irregular", I can buy it in bulk at Value Village for less than the usual price. When von NotHaus does the same, he thinks he can charge even more (and the coin still has only 21 cents worth of copper).
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Misstruck coins tend to be more valuable. These were not misstruck. These were a issue with a variation in the text. But he is hyping them up so he can charge more.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Misstruck coins tend to be more valuable. These were not misstruck. These were a issue with a variation in the text. But he is hyping them up so he can charge more.
Exactly how do you know that? If the original design called for something other than what was minted then its an error. More importantly the rarity and desirability is what makes them valuable.

You guys act as if Nothaus has issued mind controlling drugs to the potential buyers forcing them to buy something they wouldn't otherwise buy. Companies hype up their products all the time, sometimes based on stuff that's really meaningless if examined.

Let's take in everything you guys have said about liberty dollars and examine the following.

These say "Twenty Dollars" in their add they also claim its authorized by the "government". If you listen to the advertisement on TV they imply they're created by the U.S. government. They say something like "Never before has legal tender currency used two separate numbers to add up to the face value", referring to the 9 and 11 on the face. Well, that's true its never been done in the past and isn't currently either because these aren't U.S currency. When they say authorized by the government they're referring to the Liberian government and not the U.S. government. They were were initially set at the low price of 34.99 but to our great benefit they're only going to sell these for the face value of $20, as if they're worth even a dollar to begin with. But wait their minted in pure silver leaf. This is obviously to get people to think these things have real value because they're minted in silver. What they fail to mention is the total weight of silver they contain might be a gram or less. They also use the same symbols as what's used on U.S. currency like the eagle clutching arrows and an olive branch. Also, you can be like NotHaus offered and be an affiliate peddling their crap.

These guys have been selling this crap like this since a couple of months after 9/11 and other items making similar misleading claims for a decade or more on national TV. NorFed and the libbys pale in comparison to the sham that's going on with these guys. Even if the bullion is overpriced with the Libby its still worth a hell of a lot more than the crap that company sells and his contain 100% of the metal he advertises.

If people want to buy his stuff who cares, what does it matter to you. If you;re so concerned about people paying a few bucks more than they should for silver then go and get the real scammers and con artists that do all the things you claim NotHaus has done but far, far worse, like the one mentioned above.
So give it a break already.....
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

But nowhere in that ad, Steve, did they ever say or imply that people could take that minted item and encourage them to use it instead of US currency for purchases. You keep omitting that little item. And that is exactly why von Nothaus got into trouble with the feds.

I don't anyone here for a moment thinks that ads like these are offering quality products that benefit consumers. But at least they are staying within the lines of the law; von Nothaus decided to step over the line in order to make a fast buck.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The Observer wrote:But nowhere in that ad, Steve, did they ever say or imply that people could take that minted item and encourage them to use it instead of US currency for purchases. You keep omitting that little item. And that is exactly why von Nothaus got into trouble with the feds.

I don't anyone here for a moment thinks that ads like these are offering quality products that benefit consumers. But at least they are staying within the lines of the law; von Nothaus decided to step over the line in order to make a fast buck.
The US Mint has commented on Foreign Coins, going so far as to show Liberian examples.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Evil Squirrel Overlord

SteveSy wrote:
Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Misstruck coins tend to be more valuable. These were not misstruck. These were a issue with a variation in the text. But he is hyping them up so he can charge more.
Exactly how do you know that? If the original design called for something other than what was minted then its an error. More importantly the rarity and desirability is what makes them valuable.
My point: It doesn't really matter if it was an error or not, he is marketing them as "rare" to jack up the price.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

The Observer wrote:But nowhere in that ad, Steve, did they ever say or imply that people could take that minted item and encourage them to use it instead of US currency for purchases. You keep omitting that little item. And that is exactly why von Nothaus got into trouble with the feds.

Businesses make the same claim. You ever heard of BX or the numerous other barter systems developed? Its the same damn thing except instead of using a card or stamps he minted something, never once claiming it was government issued, legal tender, current money or anything else leading anyone to believe the government had anything to do with it. In fact his entire argument is that the U.S. currency system is flawed because its not backed by anything tangible.

This is just so ridiculous....It's not like banks got stuck with people trying to deposit his private currency, or that business were getting duped. Nothing like that happened. He specifically told the users to tell people these were "private currency" and that they should offer to use FRN's if that's what the business preferred instead of his currency. Like BX or those other private forms of currency he tried to promote his product by getting more business to accept them. There's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with barter.

My step father used to be heavily involved with BX of Medford Oregon when I was a kid. We purchased everything through that system, food, tv's, all kinds of crap through the local Amway dealer, our car, our pool table everything. The only difference between that and the libby is one is minted backed up by bullion and the other is based on a promise. The stamps were worth their face value because people accepted them at face value, not because they were backed by anything. If people didn't accept them all you had were worthless stamps. At least with the Libby if no one takes them you could always get the majority of your money back and trade them in for silver. Well, not the notes anymore, the bullion that backed them was stolen by the U.S. government.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:
SteveSy wrote:
My point: It doesn't really matter if it was an error or not, he is marketing them as "rare" to jack up the price.
And exactly what is wrong with that other than your hatred for Von NotHaus? Do you have evidence that the one's advertised as being created in error were not created unintentionally or is it just a feeling u have?
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

With reference to the notorious "Inverted Jenny" postage stamp (the one with the airplane upside down). My vague recollection (and I am SURE that someone on this forum actually knows the correct details) is that, sometime in the 1960s, the USPS issued a stamp (I think it was the Dag Hammerskold memorial) and there were some pages of it that had a misprint. Some lucky bozo bought these pages at his local post office and got home and realized what a prize he had gotten. Naturally, he announced his good luck and there were some very high bids from collectors. It must be remembered that this man had absolutely nothing to do with the printing of the postage stamps, he was just lucky. The USPS, in what seemed to me to be a very mean trick, wiped out his windfall by DELIBERATELY printing up a slew of defective stamps to match the ones he got by pure luck, to erase any special value to them. As I said, I am sure someone here can remember the correct details.
Evil Squirrel Overlord

SteveSy wrote:
And exactly what is wrong with that other than your hatred for Von NotHaus?
:roll: Defensive are we? I have no hatred for the man. He is a scam artist and watching the scam is half of the fun. Jeesh. Fact is that he did tell people to attempt to pass the money as $20 USD. The coins did not contain $20USD worth of silver. He made a profit by telling people that it was real money they could use. Fact is that it isn't and while he didn't pass the phoney money he encouraged others to do that. If you notice, you can make bullion coins and sell them for a profit (the Franklin Mint does this all the time) however, you cannot advertise them as being money equivalent to USD's.
Do you have evidence that the one's advertised as being created in error were not created unintentionally or is it just a feeling u have?
It doesn't matter, it is a marketing ploy. :roll: Jeesh. Do you think NBC's "lost episodes" of Miami Vice were really lost? :roll:
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:
SteveSy wrote:
And exactly what is wrong with that other than your hatred for Von NotHaus?
:roll: Defensive are we? I have no hatred for the man. He is a scam artist and watching the scam is half of the fun. Jeesh.
He's not a scam artist, no one was "scammed" nor do you have anything whatsoever to show anyone has claimed to have been scammed.
Fact is that he did tell people to attempt to pass the money as $20 USD.
Back this up with fact instead of assertion. Show exactly where he said anything like that.
The coins did not contain $20USD worth of silver.
He never claimed they did, in fact he listed the spot price on hist site. Strange way to scam people.
He made a profit by telling people that it was real money they could use.
So? Let's clarify that, he said it was real money in the private currency sense, he always made that clear.
Fact is that it isn't and while he didn't pass the phoney money he encouraged others to do that.
So? It wasn't phony money, that's like claiming an artist that paints his own art is making phony art. :roll:

Yes that looks just like a Federal Reserve Note, and the wording is a close match too. Anyone can see NorFed was trying to dupe people in to believing these were USD. It's so laughable its borderline retarded. I was tempted to post a comparison to the back of a $20 FRN but that would be an insult to everyone's intelligence that can connect to the internet.
If you notice, you can make bullion coins and sell them for a profit (the Franklin Mint does this all the time) however, you cannot advertise them as being money equivalent to USD's.
Yes you can, nothing in the law says you can't. If so every nation in the world is violating our currency laws. What you can not do and what NorFed did not do is promote these as being U.S. "legal tender" or "current money" as if the U.S. government has authorized it or created it.

Do you have evidence that the one's advertised as being created in error were not created unintentionally or is it just a feeling u have?
It doesn't matter, it is a marketing ploy. :roll: Jeesh. Do you think NBC's "lost episodes" of Miami Vice were really lost? :roll:
I'll take that as a "no", you're just making baseless assertions as usual.
Last edited by SteveSy on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Stevesy, what von Nothaus could not be compared to anything like barter. At least in barter both parties enter into an agreement that both accept as being a satisfactory exchange, even if it means one party got a better deal out of the exchange. Both parties understand clearly what they are trading and receiving.

Barter does not mean that one party tells the other party that they are selling you $20 worth of metal in exchange for your worthless money when in actuality they are selling you metal that is worth less than amount. Barter does not mean that one party gets to tell the other party to go out and take on the responsibility of trying to recover their money by passing on the metal to other persons; particularly by implying or expressing directly to these 3rd parties that the metal you are trying to give them is worth $20 when it simply isn't.

At some point in these transactions, someone is going to get stuck with a loss - and it isn't the original perpetrator, von Nothaus. That is fraud - not barter.

SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

The Observer wrote:Stevesy, what von Nothaus could not be compared to anything like barter. At least in barter both parties enter into an agreement that both accept as being a satisfactory exchange, even if it means one party got a better deal out of the exchange. Both parties understand clearly what they are trading and receiving.
Considering what the notes and the coins say on them I think its obvious "both parties understand clearly what they are trading and receiving." See the example posted above of a Libby Note....I really feel sorry for you if you think they look similar enough to claim he's trying to sell these as USD.
Barter does not mean that one party tells the other party that they are selling you $20 worth of metal in exchange for your worthless money when in actuality they are selling you metal that is worth less than amount.
No one made that claim, creating stawmen to win an argument is pretty weak. Let's try and stick to the facts.
Barter does not mean that one party gets to tell the other party to go out and take on the responsibility of trying to recover their money by passing on the metal to other persons; particularly by implying or expressing directly to these 3rd parties that the metal you are trying to give them is worth $20 when it simply isn't.
More stawmen. NorFed did not try to promote its currency as an investment in silver, only that it had the backing of silver. So worst case your money would always be worth something unlike the FRN that has consistenly lost value since it was created.
At some point in these transactions, someone is going to get stuck with a loss - and it isn't the original perpetrator, von Nothaus. That is fraud - not barter.
No fraud.....The exchanges that take place on the barter exchange, which is declared trade by the IRS, are done with digital dollars via a card or stamps with a denomination written on them. There is never a guarantee that you can exchange those for actual U.S. dollars if a business refuses to take them. Trade is only good if two or more parties take your item no matter what the value. People were trading these things and as far as I know no one has made a criminal complaint about being duped and no banks received any. In fact there is only one documented instance of anyone getting confused and getting upset and that was done by someone not following the rules as clearly stated on the NorFed site. That person was apparently satisfied by getting FRN's instead, which of course is what NorFed said to do if they didn't want the private currency.

Everything you say is nothing but assertions and can not be backed up by anything but your own feelings.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

fortinbras wrote:
Funny thing, when Haynes or Fruit of the Loom turn out underwear that's "irregular", I can buy it in bulk at Value Village for less than the usual price. When von NotHaus does the same, he thinks he can charge even more (and the coin still has only 21 cents worth of copper).
Yeah, and the "irregular" coins don't even cover your butt.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4