Yes, You Are Missing Something

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Yes, You Are Missing Something

Post by Dr. Caligari »

LostHopes post of the day:
1776 wrote:Perhaps I'm missing something, but if a person has filed a return which is true and correct, and sworn to, and not frivolous, and if the IRS has no personal knowledge of any payments the person may have received, or any evidence to contradict their sworn testimony, then why should anyone even consider agreeing to an audit?

Isn't the proper response simply to notify the particular IRS agent that he's in violation of the criminal code for attempting to conduct an audit not authorized by law, and for attempting to conduct an audit not authorized by a court, and for attempting to commit extortion under color of law, and for attempting to commit racketeering, and for possibly other offenses?

Shouldn't one simply inform the IRS agent that he's not entitled to perform or even request an audit without proper jurisdiction and authorization, and that any additional attempt to extort money will result in the referral of the matter to both the federal and state grand juries for further investigation? Isn't this what we would do if any other organization tried to extort money from us that was not owed?

Perhaps a letter not unlike the one recently posted by Pete, which brilliantly mimics the format of IRS "notifications," would be in order.

Remember: We're not breaking the law. THEY ARE! We don't have to cite any law concerning the definition of income. THEY DO! We're not at risk of going to jail. THEY ARE.

Don't play their game. Don't be put on defense. If it were me, I would make THEM cite the appropriate law that gives them their alleged authority. I would make THEM cite the law that says: "Private pay is income." And if they couldn't, I'd let THEM know that the state and federal grand jury may soon learn of the matter.

My opinion, at least.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Yes, You Are Missing Something

Post by Famspear »

Perhaps I'm missing something, but if a person has filed a return which is true and correct, and sworn to, and not frivolous, and if the IRS has no personal knowledge of any payments the person may have received, or any evidence to contradict their sworn testimony, then why should anyone even consider agreeing to an audit?
Good question. Why don't you just "disagree to the audit," and see what happens?
Isn't the proper response simply to notify the particular IRS agent that he's in violation of the criminal code for attempting to conduct an audit not authorized by law, and for attempting to conduct an audit not authorized by a court, and for attempting to commit extortion under color of law, and for attempting to commit racketeering, and for possibly other offenses?
No that would be THE STUPID RESPONSE.
Shouldn't one simply inform the IRS agent that he's not entitled to perform or even request an audit without proper jurisdiction and authorization, and that any additional attempt to extort money will result in the referral of the matter to both the federal and state grand juries for further investigation?
No, one simply shouldn't do that, because (A) it's not correct, and (B) that kind of response will make you look STUPID (see above), and (C) it won't do any good anyway.
Isn't this what we would do if any other organization tried to extort money from us that was not owed?
Can you read? Read this: S-T-U-P-I-D. S-T-U-P-I-D.

Get it?

I knew you wouldn't get it.
Perhaps a letter not unlike the one recently posted by Pete, which brilliantly mimics the format of IRS "notifications," would be in order.
Perhaps a letter to the Tooth Fairy will get you a ride on the next shuttle to the Planet Neptune.
Remember: We're not breaking the law. THEY ARE! We don't have to cite any law concerning the definition of income. THEY DO! We're not at risk of going to jail. THEY ARE.
Remember: You follow Peter Hendrickson's Cracking the Code. You are S-T-U-P-I-D.
Don't play their game. Don't be put on defense. If it were me, I would make THEM cite the appropriate law that gives them their alleged authority. I would make THEM cite the law that says: "Private pay is income." And if they couldn't, I'd let THEM know that the state and federal grand jury may soon learn of the matter.
Oh, boy, that's really gonna scare a Revenue Agent of the Internal Revenue Service. Oooooohhhh, I bet you'll have 'em just quakin' in their boots. Put 'em on DEE-fense! Wow.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Or at the very least provide them with a good chuckle as they forward in on to investigations or where ever the send the cases of the irredeemably stupid. Also means one less audit to do, maybe.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Perhaps I'm missing something ...
A portion of his frontal lobe? The gene for common sense? The possibities are endless.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Quixote wrote:
Perhaps I'm missing something ...
A portion of his frontal lobe? The gene for common sense? The possibities are endless.
His binky. Expect him to start crying for it soon. You'll be able to tell when he starts because there will be a tear-streaked mess in the corner emitting loud throaty sobs for maximum attention.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie