Bob Wolffe - Removed from Merrimack

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
SheWolffe

Bob Wolffe - Removed from Merrimack

Post by SheWolffe »

Just FYI.
Bob was removed from the Merrimack facility on Friday evening (Aug 29). I haven't heard from him since. He is the property of the feds and they are not obligated to offer me any information so I will just have to be patient until he contacts me. After sentencing his lawyer mentioned two places, one near Lake Placid, NY (medium security), and a camp in PA (minimum security). Sep 12 will be one year.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Bob Wolffe - Removed from Merrimack

Post by grixit »

Courage.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

SheWolffe wrote:He is the property of the feds and they are not obligated to offer me any information
They are, actually. From the BOP inmate locater:
1. ROBERT WOLFFE 09879-049 50 White M 11-16-2009 BROOKLYN MDC
The Brooklyn MDC is located on 29th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Few people are permanently designated to the MDC, so this is likely temporary.

Good luck.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

wserra wrote:
SheWolffe wrote:He is the property of the feds and they are not obligated to offer me any information
They are, actually. From the BOP inmate locater:
1. ROBERT WOLFFE 09879-049 50 White M 11-16-2009 BROOKLYN MDC
The Brooklyn MDC is located on 29th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Few people are permanently designated to the MDC, so this is likely temporary.

Good luck.
Wow, you guys are great, thanks.
wserra

Post by wserra »

SheWolffe wrote:Wow, you guys are great, thanks.
You're welcome. I know how difficult having a loved one incarcerated can be.

While the first source of specific information about your husband's case should be his lawyer, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here who can provide general stuff - such as the above. Feel free to ask.
- David Hume
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

wserra wrote:
SheWolffe wrote:Wow, you guys are great, thanks.
You're welcome. I know how difficult having a loved one incarcerated can be.

While the first source of specific information about your husband's case should be his lawyer, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here who can provide general stuff - such as the above. Feel free to ask.
Finally got a call on Wed p.m. Might be sent to a minimum security camp in W. Virginia. Possibly Morgantown.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

SheWolffe wrote:Finally got a call on Wed p.m. Might be sent to a minimum security camp in W. Virginia. Possibly Morgantown.
I tried to look up the rep for that prison and I found this:
Bill on The Rabbit Hole wrote:I did find out that BOP initially assigned me to Morgantown, WV (which made sense if my home was Philadelphia) but then changed it to Pensacola. For about 4 days in March, I thought I was going to Morgantown. The facility there would have been fine I think but impossible for my parents to visit. As it was, except for my initial weekend, my parents visited all 12 weekends and my wife visited 5.

Would I recommend it? Sure. The vast majority of inmates said it was the best place they had been. There were drawbacks (too much work) but the pluses outweighed the minuses. I can't tell you how many inmates saw grass and trees for the first in years when they arrived. The relative freedom freaked them out; they just couldn't get used to the idea of just walking around the camp... seeing real cars and real civilians driving down the road 10 feet from you while you are walking down the sidewalk... seeing animals, dogs, cats, whatever.

The COs called it Camp Snoopy or Camp Cupcake. I don't think it measures up to the Club Fed reputation of years ago but it really doesn't feel like you expect prison to be like, for sure.
It sucks that it's too far away for you to visit him, but it sounds like an ideal prison to be in (graded on a curve, since prison isn't ideal to begin with).
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

Thank you so much. Small miracles. Hope it comes to that. Bob was pulling double shifts in the kitchen to keep busy and kill time. He will invite the work, hard or not. It will make the time seem shorter.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

That's great news Mrs. W. You must be very relieved.
Demo.
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

Demosthenes wrote:That's great news Mrs. W. You must be very relieved.
Thank you for your message....Yes, one less thing to needle me when I wake up in the middle of the night. I don't know where Bob got his information, I only hope it's accurate.

Does anybody know how long a person stays at the Brooklyn facility? Is it like a processing center - a transfer station type place?
wserra

Post by wserra »

SheWolffe wrote:Does anybody know how long a person stays at the Brooklyn facility? Is it like a processing center - a transfer station type place?
As of the last I knew, there were a few people designated there, but not many and only in special cases. Assuming that in this case it's being used as a transfer center (which itself somewhat surprises me), how long one stays there depends completely on the Marshalls' transportation schedule to the final destination. It could be days, it could be as much as a couple of weeks.

I also have heard that, if you have to be locked up, Morgantown is one of the places you hope for.
- David Hume