Applying for a mortgage?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nikki

Applying for a mortgage?

Post by Nikki »

is LoserHead FreeMe possibly looking for a mortgage? Even if he isn't, the premise of his post is laughable.
I am looking for an accountant or attorney who might be willing to write or sign a letter stating the opinion that I am in compliance with tax laws.

This would not be for any government agency. It would be for another group.

Any suggestions?
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Applying for a mortgage?

Post by fortinbras »

Since the Lost Horizons thread may become unavailable, I want to explain that the previous message contained the whole of FreeMe's posting. He did not give a hint as to what he was doing regarding taxes that the lawyer or CPA would have to approve. He apparently wants to find a professional who will rubberstamp his actions without knowing anything about them.

There are, unfortunately, CPAs and lawyers who would do that. About five years ago one of the TP gurus actually had a list of lawyers who were willing to write letters endorsing the most discredited anti-tax arguments, presumably so those letters could be used to suggest that a defendant in a tax case had done due diligence or acted in good faith or something similar, but only if paid some significant sum to write the letter. Kind of like a diploma mill.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

It could be a lot of different things, not just mortgage. For example, a condition of renewing professional licenses in my state requires that I am in compliance with the state taxing authority.
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Demosthenes wrote:It could be a lot of different things, not just mortgage. For example, a condition of renewing professional licenses in my state requires that I am in compliance with the state taxing authority.
But do you have to submit third-party certification?

I wonder if this bozo is trying to sign up for one of the tax preparation temp jobs.

Also, I don't think a letter from a lawyer or CPA would pass due diligence tests for income verification any more. They want to see three years of tax returns from the IRS - not your photocopies.

Of course, he could always try Todd-Ellis: Swanson. Oh, wait a minute. They pulled his license permanently. :P
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

This would not be for any government agency. It would be for another group.
The American Voluntary Eunuch Society?
Any suggestions?
There's do-it-yourself directions online, but it's not recommended. But hey, you know so much about all the complicated tax laws, I bet you think you're qualified.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:It could be a lot of different things, not just mortgage. For example, a condition of renewing professional licenses in my state requires that I am in compliance with the state taxing authority.
But do you have to submit third-party certification?
I have no idea what they require when they find outstanding tax liens.
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

fortinbras wrote:Since the Lost Horizons thread may become unavailable,
Hmmm. Is there something imminent?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

No, it's just that someone reading this thread months or years from now might be baffled by references to external stuff that might not be findable by then. That, and my uncontrollable impulse to throw in my 2¢.