Reno's Sentencing (Continued)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Reno's Sentencing (Continued)

Post by Demosthenes »

Oh good Lord. Pissing off the judge with this crap right before sentencing goes way beyond a bad idea. I guess the movement won't be truly happy unless Reno's sentence is at the maximum statutory level.

09/23/2008 529 MOTION for Reimbursement of Travel Expenses by Joseph S. Haas as to Cirino Gonzalez. (jar) (Entered: 09/23/2008)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/gonzalez529.pdf

09/23/2008 ENDORSED ORDER denying 529 MOTION for Reimbursement of Travel Expenses as to Cirino Gonzalez (3). Text of Order: Denied So Ordered by Chief Judge George Z. Singal. (jar) (Entered: 09/23/2008)
Demo.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Re: Reno's Sentencing (Continued)

Post by jkeeb »

The "announcer-man by the judge"?????WTF
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Do you think Joe Haas really thought the court would approve his request for money? If so, Joe is probably certifiably insane.

Where is the brickwall smiley when I need it?
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:Do you think Joe Haas really thought the court would approve his request for money? If so, Joe is probably certifiably insane.

Where is the brickwall smiley when I need it?
What's even funnier is that Joe thinks his time is worth $105.00 per hour. He misplaced the decimal point, methinks.
Last edited by Dezcad on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I thought subpoenaed witnesses were suppose get travel money from the Court, probably at 25¢/mile?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Joe doesn't think he'll get any money. He thinks (correctly) that he'll get what he really craves-- attention.

Joe hasn't been the center of attention since he was tagged as a key suspect in the Concord Bomber case 10 years ago. Now, thanks to the Browns, he's wriggling in delight at the prospect of the free staters and law enforcement paying him so much attention.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Today's hearing:

09/23/2008 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Chief Judge George Z. Singal: withdrawing 519 Motion to Withdraw as Attorney as to Cirino Gonzalez (3); MOTION HEARING as to Cirino Gonzalez held on 9/23/2008. (Court Reporter: Lori Dunbar) (Govt Atty: Arnold Huftalen) (Defts Atty: David Bownes)(Total Hearing Time: 14 mins) (jar) (Entered: 09/23/2008)
Demo.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:09/23/2008 529 MOTION for Reimbursement of Travel Expenses by Joseph S. Haas as to Cirino Gonzalez. (jar) (Entered: 09/23/2008)
What a maroon.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Joe Haas wrote:5 hours @ $105.00 per hour
$105/hr? What does he do for a living?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

webhick wrote:
Joe Haas works as a janitor.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Arthur Rubin wrote:I thought subpoenaed witnesses were suppose get travel money from the Court, probably at 25¢/mile?
Joe was never subpoenaed in this case. Here's Joe explanation:
So David Bownes: Are you going to endorse Reno's motion? Of course not! That would mean you'd have to return all the money you got on the case, or would you? At least the money illegally collected for your trips to, at and back to N.H. from Maine in violation of 18USC323, since there was no Rule 18 motion by the defendant to take the case outside the supposedly legal jurisdiction, that it is NOT as there is no RSA Ch. 123:1 filing from 1-8-17 U.S. Const. Yes McAuliffee had Singal assigned FROM Maine to take over this case but WHERE "shall" ALL (100%) of the proceedings for the benefit of both the defendant and witnesses take place? Answer: New Hampshire! As an uncalled witness on Danny's list I am still a witness with rights, and if the Congress wants to change this definition to ONLY witnesses with a subpoena or who do testify, then let them make that change, but until then the main reason for my attendance at today's 11-:20 a.m. hearing* in courtroom #1 was so that I can now file my own PCC action against David, and that I think maybe he would like for me to do, because although he refused to get a law partner, as requested by Reno, as two-heads-are-better-than-one as they say, (like Jason had from MAss.) maybe Reno will get one on appeal or even before that when a PCC finding finds David at fault, and so a fault in the case needing either a mistrial to double-jeopardy or a re-trial.
Demo.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:
webhick wrote:
According to the OOH, best case scenario is that he earns roughly $20/hr. Wow, if only everyone could bill for five times their hourly rate for showing up for hearings they weren't required to be at.

Oh wait, they can't. MOTION DENIED.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Melted Rabbit

Post by Melted Rabbit »

Demosthenes wrote:
webhick wrote:
My brother mentioned a while back about a guy at his place of employment who was a contract worker and who worked as a lead computer programmer for back-end web-server development and his code was done C#. My brother works for a medium sized company, but on the smaller side of medium. Anyways, this contract programmer ran an operation one might call morally dubious, I am not an expert as to the legality of this individual's particular operation though. This guy set up a consulting firm with himself as the only permanent employee and he was also the only person who performed any work for any company that he ended up working with. The guy may not have been totally up front about the whole situation. The part that was a bit annoying about his operation to the managers at the company he had contracted with was he charged $100/hr for work to the company, the amount charged was average for a real company offering contract workers. The irksome part was that the company my brother works for could have and tried to hire this programmer on as a permanent employee, but any offer was rejected by this guy. This would have been cheaper for the company, however this guy would obviously would make less money. This guy had other habits that ended his term of service at the company soon after, not surprisingly.

The contract programmer I believe was roughly in his mid-20s, completely self-taught as a programmer and has no training or certification outside of a high school diploma. According to my brother he is a talented programmer though. The worst part was that whatever C# code this goofball had written was not reusable in the least bit by the remaining "trained" employee programmers. Which as someone as myself with a degree in Geology and a minor in Computer Science I find a bit disturbing. Either this guy left no comments in his code and/or used a large number of bizarre, nonstandard, but acceptable programming techniques. By this I mean that the code worked in a production environment and did its job, but was totally unmaintainable by anyone, except for the bastard who wrote it originally. Oh well, now the company is working on a total rewrite of the code in plain, vanilla C. Standard C is a programming language totally unsuited for web applications IMHO. Where is that brickwall smilie need it?

So there, that is how an idiot could set up a situation where $100/hr as compensation would not seem unreasonable to him.

Disclaimer:
For the purposes of this post, I am not attempting to denigrate all self-taught programmers, I am only saying that following good coding practices makes for easier maintenance later. Not that my coding practices or skills were very good in the first place.

And this was an excessively long post, which is a tendency I have trouble with in all my posts, everywhere. :oops:
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

We joke about "keyboard alerts," but I swear I almost hurt myself laughing at this "motion" (or whatever the hell it is).

What a g-d, f-ing, s-for-brains moron.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Melted Rabbit wrote: Disclaimer:
For the purposes of this post, I am not attempting to denigrate all self-taught programmers, I am only saying that following good coding practices makes for easier maintenance later. Not that my coding practices or skills were very good in the first place.
As a self-taught programmer, I was not offended in the least. The problems you describe are not just limited to self-taughts. The schools are cranking out plenty of similar morons.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Melted Rabbit wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Joe Haas works as a janitor.
My brother mentioned a while back about a guy at his place of employment who was a contract worker and who worked as a lead computer programmer [...snip additional 473 words about contract programmer]
And this is relevant how?

No, don't answer that question. You want to rant about computer programmers and foolish corporate spending on contract employees, take it to R&R, and make sure you label it in a way that allows me to understand what it is and who wrote it so that I never need to read it.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

From the previous locked thread:
. wrote:There's just nothing like the semi-literate, which describes Reno, daddy and everyone else related to or supporting him.

After reading their rubbish for many months, I've concluded that all of these people just ain't very damn bright. Rock-stupid equals maximum upward departure.
Correct. In addition, a word for those who care (or claim to care) about Gonzalez, including those who post here: sentencing judges do care about the environment into which a defendant will emerge following the service of his sentence. When Judge Singal sees the type of nonsense which his "friends" are contributing, he will likely feel that you all are a bad influence, in that you support and reinforce sociopathic behavior. Guess what effect this will have on his sentence? If, on the other hand, his friends had contributed promises of real jobs, assurances that they would help Gonzalez see that what he did was in fact counterproductive to accomplishing the reforms he would like to see - rather than truculent diatribes about how he didn't do anything wrong - they would be doing what they could to minimize his sentence.

Too late now.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
DISTRICT OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
v.
CIRINO GONZALEZ,
Defendant.

Docket no. 07-CR-189-GZS

ORDER ON MOTION TO WITHDRAW

On September 23, 2008, this Court held a hearing on the Motion to Withdraw (Docket #519) filed by Attorney Bownes. Prior to the hearing, the Court had also received and reviewed a supplemental sealed statement in support of the Motion (Docket # 526) and a handwritten letter from Mr. Gonzalez (Docket # 520). After excluding the Government’s Attorney from the courtroom, the Court heard from both Attorney Bownes and Mr. Gonzalez regarding their reasons for seeking withdrawal. Ultimately, the Motion was WITHDRAWN on the record.

Despite the withdrawal, the Court notes that having heard from Defendant and reviewed all of the related written submissions, the Court does not believe that there is any basis for allowing Attorney Bownes to withdraw at this time. In the Court’s view, the request to withdraw was untimely given the upcoming sentencing hearing. Also, there is not a total lack of communication between attorney and client. Rather, in the Court’s assessment, although Mr. Gonzalez and Attorney Bownes appear to have some continuing disagreement regarding trial strategy and various pretrial matters, there was no suggestion that they are unable to communicate or fundamentally disagree with respect to sentencing issues. The sentencing in this matter is scheduled for this Friday, September 26, 2008. Given Attorney Bownes’ familiarity with the case and the Court’s assessment of his representation at trial and at the presentence conference, the Court is convinced that Attorney Bownes remains a knowledgeable advocate for Mr. Gonzalez. In short, given the totality of the circumstances, the Court is satisfied that there is no basis for allowing withdrawal or replacing Attorney Bownes at this stage of the proceedings.

SO ORDERED.

/s/ George Z. Singal
Chief U.S. District Judge
Dated this 23rd day of September, 2008.
Demo.
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

If anyone is interested - - - Joe Haas is a Trust Fund Baby. I asked him to please leave Bob out of his rantings and in his own words he responded something like, “I’m duty bound to respond to illegal activity”. It sort of reminded me of Under Dog… “There’s no need to fear, Under Dog is here”.. See how well it fits?

Not sure of the exact wording, I’m at work but that is essentially what he said.

He recently wrote a document that was charging the feds with illegally kidnapping these men out of the state and included a cc to the Sheriff of Randolph, VT. That sort of burnt me.

In his letter he mentioned that he and his brother are keepers of his parents’ trust. So apparently, he doesn’t have to work too hard. If he really is a janitor it would make sense. He has way too much time on his hands.

Anyone actually interested in seeing his letter to me, just ask and I’ll post it. His writing makes me sea sick.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

SheWolffe wrote:If anyone is interested - - - Joe Haas is a Trust Fund Baby. I asked him to please leave Bob out of his rantings and in his own words he responded something like, “I’m duty bound to respond to illegal activity”.
No, he is "duty bound" to try and get attention for himself. He is a sad little man who in all probably helped get Reno additional imprisonment with his ranting. Of course, it won't be Joe who does the time, so he doesn't care. And once Reno's sentenced, I'll bet Joe moves onto some other avenue so he can get attention.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order