Reno Sentencing (Part III)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Reno Sentencing (Part III)

Post by Demosthenes »

10/01/2008 539 MOTION for Bail Pending Appeal by Cirino Gonzalez. Follow up on Objection on 10/20/2008. (Bownes, David) (Entered: 10/01/2008)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/gonzalez539.pdf
Demo.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Re: Reno Sentencing (Part III)

Post by The Operative »

While I am not a lawyer and I have absolutely no experience in criminal matters, Mr. Bownes impresses me. Even with a client who doesn't want his help and works against him, it appears that Mr. Bownes continues giving his best effort to get as much consideration for his client as possible. Of course, that is just my personal opinion.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

While I am not a lawyer and I have absolutely no experience in criminal matters, Mr. Bownes impresses me. Even with a client who doesn't want his help and works against him, it appears that Mr. Bownes continues giving his best effort to get as much consideration for his client as possible.
I am a lawyer, and I have (some) experience in criminal matters, and I agree whole-heartedly. The results Bownes got at trial were remarkable, considering the evidence against his client. Too bad for him that his client keeps sabotaging his efforts (as in his sentencing speech).
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Demosthenes wrote:10/01/2008 539 MOTION for Bail Pending Appeal by Cirino Gonzalez. Follow up on Objection on 10/20/2008. (Bownes, David) (Entered: 10/01/2008)

2. The standards for release pending appeal are set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 3143 (b).
Specifically the Court must find:
(A) by clear and convincing evidence that the person is not likely to flee or pose a danger
to the safety of any other person or the community if released pursuant to §§ 3142 (b) or (c) of
this title; and
(B) that the appeal is not for the purpose of delay and raises a substantial question of law
or fact likely to result in (I) reversal; or (ii) or an order for a new trial.
(C) That the judge is a witless gull.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Demosthenes wrote:10/01/2008 539 MOTION for Bail Pending Appeal by Cirino Gonzalez. Follow up on Objection on 10/20/2008. (Bownes, David) (Entered: 10/01/2008)

Anyone want to place a wager on whether or not the motion will be granted? I bet that it will not be granted.

BTW, I did not see any of the actual trial, but at the sentencing, I was very impressed by Attorney Bownes. If his client had listened to his advice, I suspect that Reno would have shaved three years off of his sentence.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:

Anyone want to place a wager on whether or not the motion will be granted? I bet that it will not be granted.
I agree that the motion will be denied.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Let’s see, we have a convicted felon. Convicted on weapons charges, of taking part in a plan to actively harm Federal officers and agents, of having helped build explosive devices and weapons of destruction to be used on the aforesaid officers, of supplying weapons to the aforesaid nut jobs, who was generally nasty and belligerent in court, who not only has not seen the error of his ways, but thinks he was right and that he is being persecuted for being right, yeah I can see the judge releasing him, about the same time I see shifty Schiff admit he is a crook. That coupled with Reno’s already displayed propensity for sound and rational judgement, just don’t see it happening, short of the judge having had a lobotomy before the hearing, and even then I don't see it as likely.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

notorial dissent wrote:Convicted on weapons charges
The jury actually hung on the weapons charge.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:Also, Reno is a flight risk, with absolutely no ties to the community.
Agreed. Whatever ties to the community he had, he would have had to abandon when he went to stay with the Browns. All that's left is his family and if he fled the country he would still be able to talk to them, or get them out of the country so they could stay with him.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Scoop wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Convicted on weapons charges
The jury actually hung on the weapons charge.
True, but I still think it would bear in the consideration of bail. I forgot to mention flight risk as that is so obvious as to be at the top of the list in my thinking. See also my comments about “Reno’s already displayed propensity for sound and rational judgement” as further comment along those lines.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

10/07/2008 ENDORSED ORDER denying 539 Motion for Bail as to Cirino Gonzalez (3). Text of Order: Denied So Ordered by Chief Judge George Z. Singal. (jar) (Entered: 10/07/2008)
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

lastlady
Independent Thinker

Re: Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS
« Reply #7999 on: Today at 07:44 PM » Quote Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From my blog on defiantforyou.com

According to the BOP website Reno is in transit. He has expressed for a long time that he is looking forward to being in federal prison and ready to move out of Merrimack County Department of Corrections. He wanted to have access to different things as well as have different people to engage with. He is doing activism full time and wants to be moved around a lot to have the greatest influence possible. He recently wrote me a funny story that I am sure he won't mind if I share.

Quote from letter written October 17, 2008 "This guy's wife finally comes to see her husband. Well he lost so much weight that she comments that she did not recognize him. So I guess this guy steps back so she can see him better (glass visit), as she looks, she says over the phone, "Oh My God! That's Cirino Gonzalez!" The guy turns to check and sees me off in the distance and tells her "Yep. that's Reno..." The back story appears to be that her family thinks very highly of me. After the visit the guy comes back and says, "Fucking Reno; My wife can't recognize me in front of her yet she can pick you out in the distance! What the fuck, I don't know how you do it. Oh, by the way she says you've lost weight." We had more than a few good laughs for a bit."

End Quote

Another quote I don't think he will mind me making public and sharing with anyone who's interested.

Quote from letter written October 18, 2008

"It is evening lock down for the night.... This last whole week has been great! Phone calls to many of my loved ones and reading supporters letters to me over a week now and still have another 100+ to get to. Reached about another 5 people this week alone! (Woke up)

Christ, if only I set up a program of what I am doing. I know this area down to Mass, and over to both Maine and Vermont are becoming viral. Just wish it was not so secretive. It moves slow that way. Better than nothing though, right?"

End Quote

Yes Reno it is better than nothing. He is waking many people up in prison, many of them ex military and many of them ready to start thinking outside the box. Many of them have told him, "I've never thought of that before".

Keep it up freedom fighter.

Reno has hundreds of followers but not one single one of them bothered to show up at his sentencing. His delusions are getting sadder by the day.
Demo.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Demosthenes wrote: Reno has hundreds of followers but not one single one of them bothered to show up at his sentencing. His delusions are getting sadder by the day.
I was about to correct you and remind you that Joe Haas showed up at the sentencing. Then I remembered which on was the tard, and which one was the tardmaster.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

He is waking many people up in prison, many of them ex military and many of them ready to start thinking outside the box.
They've already been thinking outside the box. That's why they're living inside a box.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat