Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:
arayder wrote:In the past observers have raised the ire of freemen by noting that self destructive behavior such as demonstrated by Dean Clifford is natural selection at work in modern society.
They do seem to get awfully cranked about someone pointing out the obvious, at least what is obvious to anyone with functioning gray cells, to them, but then they also seem to object to looking to the obvious answer to their questions and problems when a dark and complicated conspiracy is what they are really looking for and ultimately come up with.
In the case of Dean's claim regarding the foiled bombing attempts on Canada Day 2013 one would think had he proof he'd give the RCMP a bloody nose by plastering the facts all over the web making sure the story was picked up by the media.

That didn't happen. But of course Dean can say the powers that be, four and a half months later, got him in the pokey before he could break the story.

I suspect Dean ran with his theory after reading that the alleged bombers' lawyer made some early statements hinting that the pair had been the victims of entrapment.

In the freeman cult reading the newspaper and adding 2 and 2 up to 5 is called proof.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:I've obtained the Federal Crown response to Dean Clifford's action in Federal Court:
If you view the Federal Court entries for action T-869-14 this is document #5 on the record. It fully incorporates document #3 (the Crown's motion) and document #4 (the Crown's argument and authorities).

Frankly, the content is no shock. The Feds are arguing that Dean's action is hopelessly flawed and should be thrown out on that basis. Canada should not have to respond until this action is heard in Dean's favour. The Crown's argument is also brief; Dean is in the wrong court given his allegations.

I agree. If Dean had a cause of action (he doesn't) then it would be against the Province of Manitoba. Not the Feds.

There is no sign in the court record on when the Federal Crown action to strike will be heard, but I'll keep an eye out to see if the record gets updated to indicate that.
Dean has done it! Dean has won - again! (Or not.)

So it turns out there won't be a hearing to evaluate the Dean's Federal Court lawsuit. I see the following has appeared on the file record for action T-869-14 - Dean C. CLIFFORD v. HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN:

Document 7
Date Filed - 2014-05-16
Office - Winnipeg
Recorded Entry Summary:
Order dated 16-MAY-2014 rendered by Roger Lafrenière, Esq., Prothonotary Matter considered without personal appearance The Court's decision is with regard to Motion in writing Doc. No. 3 Result: granted This Court Orders that: 1. The Statement of Claim is struck out, without leave to amend. 2. Costs of the motion, hereby fixed in the amount of $400. 00, inclusive of disbursements and taxes, shall be paid by the Plaintiff to the Attorney General of Canada. Filed on 16-MAY-2014 certified copies sent to parties Transmittal Letters placed on file. entered in J. & O. Book, volume 1230 page(s) 343 - 346 Final Decision
Well, that's a bit of a smack-down. Not only did the Prothonotary not believe any oral argument was required, but Dean's action has been struck out, and Dean is ordered to pay $400 in costs.

I'll see about scooping up this document at some point in the next while.

So, have Dean & Co. ever even disclosed the existence of this legal action to their followers? If not, I somehow doubt this item will ever be publicly acknowledged.

Or perhaps this simply was some other Dean Christopher Clifford, also detained in the Brandon Remand Centre.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I suspect that Dean will just see this as another opportunity to demonstrate how he can take the fight to the Crown and the rest of the government by refusing to pay the $400 and to litigate against the imposition of the fine.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:So, have Dean & Co. ever even disclosed the existence of this legal action to their followers? If not, I somehow doubt this item will ever be publicly acknowledged.
The Observer wrote:I suspect that Dean will just see this as another opportunity to demonstrate how he can take the fight to the Crown and the rest of the government by refusing to pay the $400 and to litigate against the imposition of the fine.
From time to time Dean and his team like to tell the faithful there are things in the works they can't talk about.

This ruse helps the gullible to imagine Dean has some sort and magic up his shelve while, at the same time, allowing Clifford to try to bury his mistakes.

Unfortunately for Dean there are folks like Möwe who check the facts. The fact is Dean's batting average is zero for life.

In this case we see that Dean's seminal argument, that freemen are not subject to the rule of Canadian law, has yet again been dismissed.

It's the same argument every Canadian freeman guru makes. If any of these pseudo scholars had bothered to do even a modicum of research they would know that their core argument has no basis in law, history or custom.

There it is, freeman lurkers. And I didn't charge you $150, either!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

arayder wrote:
zero for life
Great name for a grunge band.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Team Dean has a new update: http://deanclifford.info/2014/05/21/sabotage/

No mention is made of Dean's latest court room failure.

It appears there is a spat going with wearechangevictoria.com over the upcoming David Lindsay event.

Dean’s ex housemate doesn't want to play ball with the Team Dean propaganda machine.

This excuse laden rant/update is followed by the promise of more information from Dean.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Going to take a stab at translating it out of crazy.

*Dean's web-guy had a bad experience with the guys who planned his previous seminars because the organizers took a substantial cut of the profits and now that he found out they were organizing David-Lindsay's event is taking the opportunity to diss them.

*Dean's ex-roommate very reasonable does not want the raid video released or to continue to be associated with Clifford and threatened the Dean crew with a defamation suit if they keep it up. (Can't blame him, he narrowly avoided serious jail time just because he was Dean's roommate and if these idiots start claiming the roommate sold Dean out or some other paranoid accusation he might actually be endangered.)

*For these reasons they won't give updates on stuff you can get from the court website or by browsing this thread.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote:Going to take a stab at translating it out of crazy.

*Dean's web-guy had a bad experience with the guys who planned his previous seminars because the organizers took a substantial cut of the profits and now that he found out they were organizing David-Lindsay's event is taking the opportunity to diss them.

*Dean's ex-roommate very reasonable does not want the raid video released or to continue to be associated with Clifford and threatened the Dean crew with a defamation suit if they keep it up. (Can't blame him, he narrowly avoided serious jail time just because he was Dean's roommate and if these idiots start claiming the roommate sold Dean out or some other paranoid accusation he might actually be endangered.)

*For these reasons they won't give updates on stuff you can get from the court website or by browsing this thread.
The Lindsay event was still up at the Free Dean Clifford Facebook page last I looked. I suspect there's a different minion in charge over there.

One has to wonder if Dean's web guy bothered to clear this smear job with Dean or his brother. He sure went off on Fanjoy and Dereck G telling anybody who supports them to not bother visiting Dean's website (an implication he's monitoring IP addresses) and imploring Lindsay event attendees to demand refunds. He even says he'll teach "other shitheads" a lesson "at another time".

So Dean's in jail, Darren's "sorting out" his internet access and the Dean Team web guy is going all Joan Crawford on his fellow freemen.

It looks to me like the wheels are coming off.
Last edited by arayder on Thu May 22, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Kind of makes sense, with Dean in jail for the next X years, they gotta go get normal jobs now. Or back on the dole.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Well, this is interesting! As I occasionally do, I popped onto the Manitoba Courts website to see if there have been any new developments with Everyone’s Favorite Muscular Freeman.

And there’s something new! Action No. CI14-01-89455 – Clifford, Dean C. vs Queen

The full style of cause reads:
BETWEEN: DEAN C. CLIFFORD, PLAINTIFF, -AND- HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN AS REPRESENTED BY SHAUNA SILVER, SEAN T. BOWSER, BRIAN GULAY, MS. HARVEY A.K.A. JUSTICE HARVEY, ROBERT HEINRICHS, AND MR. WYATT A.K.A. JUSTICE WYATT DEFENDANT.
To date there are only two documents on file: the Statement of Claim, filed May 21, 2014, and documentation on service of the Statement of Claim.

Shauna Silver appears to be a Manitoba provincial Crown Attorney. There is a Brian Gulay with the Manitoba RCMP. I had no luck linking a plausible identity to either Bowser or Hendricks.

I was initially quite puzzled by defendants “Justice Harvey” and “Justice Wyatt”, because that is the manner in which one titles a Manitoba Queen’s Bench judge. Neither name matches a serving court justice. After a bit of poking I realized that Dean doesn’t understand how to title (or fully identify by name) this pair of provincial court judges who must have been involved in his provincial court criminal actions and now are the subjects of this litigation:
  • Honourable Judge Dale Harvey, and

Honourable Judge Raymond E. Wyant.
I guess I could write something about judicial immunity from civil liability but hey ... I guess Dean knows all about that, right? Right?

Wonder if this new litigation will be disclosed to Dean's Faithful, or if like the Federal Court action this will remain 'a secret'.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Robert Heinrichs is a judge: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breaki ... 94162.html

Sean Bowser appears to be a police officer: http://www.cjob.com/2013/12/16/cjob-rid ... eg-police/
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Thanks Bill! My 'Google-Fu' appears weak today...

SMS Möwe
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Friday update from the Dean Team. Highlights:

*they start by bigging up David:Lindsay
*Dean and Darren are suing the Queen for $2 billion
*complaints about cheapskates that don't want to give them money
*Dean is filing two different suits "if the first one fails, the second one is bulletproof"
*We get more of the story about the alleged trip to a notary. Dean misinterpreted a statement by the judge, told the cops to take him to a notary, the cops told him to fuck off.
*Darren finally admits he was found guilty last year.
*Idea of hiring a court reporter to go to Dean's court appearances is discussed.
*Paul Stein mentions he was found guilty of something, no details.
*David-Lindsay's magic documents will save Dean
*Darren let's the cat of the bag, Chief Rock is selling his services to Dean
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote:Friday update from the Dean Team. Highlights:

*they start by bigging up David:Lindsay
*Dean and Darren are suing the Queen for $2 billion
*complaints about cheapskates that don't want to give them money
*Dean is filing two different suits "if the first one fails, the second one is bulletproof"
*We get more of the story about the alleged trip to a notary. Dean misinterpreted a statement by the judge, told the cops to take him to a notary, the cops told him to fuck off.
*Darren finally admits he was found guilty last year.
*Idea of hiring a court reporter to go to Dean's court appearances is discussed.
*Paul Stein mentions he was found guilty of something, no details.
*David-Lindsay's magic documents will save Dean
*Darren let's the cat of the bag, Chief Rock is selling his services to Dean
It appears the old Dean Team web guy is in the dog house and Dean, Darren and Sosnowski have pinned their hopes on Lindsay's method, which these three think is a winner.

The New Deam Team's constant repetition of legal woo and conspiracy theories is Ream level sad in the face of Dean's nearly constant jailings and decades long history of abject personal and legal failure.

Freemen have to ask what they paid Dean $150 for when it's claimed that all that's needed is a few of Lindsay's PDF files.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I guess I missed a memo somewhere, who or what is a "David:Lindsay"? Dean seems to spend all his time going from one sure fire can't miss bulletproof method to another, and spending his time in jail. Ya know, I think I see a pattern developing here :sarcasm:, and you'd think his followers would too, but we're obviously overestimating their awareness where Dean is not.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Team Dean hooked up with Paul Stein from "something something Canada", a Freeman/tinfoil group possibly consisting of only himself. They are teaming up to get publicity for an upcoming $75 David:Lindsay seminar while Team Dean gets to use them to ask for donations. Mowe explains what David:Lindsay is earlier in the thread. His big thing is "private prosecution", teaches you magic techniques to prosecute people as a private individual, he's mentioned in Meads and is classified as a vexatious litigant therefore unable to file anything.

So now Dean will presumably use Lindsay's magic documents to get out of jail and get $2 billion from the queen which he will redistribute to the Freeman supporters.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As the saying goes, "Yeah, right!"
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote: So now Dean will presumably use Lindsay's magic documents to get out of jail and get $2 billion from the queen which he will redistribute to the Freeman supporters.
notorial dissent wrote:As the saying goes, "Yeah, right!"
The whole crew is spiraling into irrelevance.

Freeman spoiler alert: Don't give these boys anymore money!
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Lindsay? David-Kevin: Lindsay?! David-Kevin: Lindsay is a god among men. Even a God!

Lindsay, the Unlicenced Man, was fighting the state long before the Detaxers, the Freemen-on-the-Land. And he will be there, I am certain, long after those movements are mere forgotten relics. Lindsay Stands Alone. Lindsay Cannot Be Stopped.

Lindsay has persevered through literally decades of failure. He alone appears to be the single source of more OPCA concepts than any other guru in Canada. Lindsay really is the creative genius (to such an extent as there IS a creative genius) in the Canadian anti-government world. And he fails. And goes to jail. And fails. And gets declared a vexatious litigant. And he fails. But he does not stop. He is indomitable.

I have been, and remain, in awe of Lindsay’s contributions. He’s done everything. Just one example – when David Icke tried to tour Canada and spread the truth of our vile reptilian overlords it was David-Kevin: Freakin’ Lindsay who stood tall and fought the Jewish Cabalist Richard Warman (Warman v. Icke, 2009 CanLII 43943 (ON SC): http://canlii.ca/t/258td) to ensure the Truth Got Out. David-KEVIN: Lindsay – that’s who! Sure, he failed – but but … David-Kevin: Lindsay!

Lindsay’s stature is such that he is even respected by the arch-nemesis of all Freemen, Sovereigns, Detaxers and the like – Associate Chief Justice Rooke (Meads v Meads, 2012 ABQB 571 at para 675):
In that sense, I acknowledge a grudging respect for David Kevin Lindsay, in that he has personally tested many of his ideas in court. That does not excuse his inciting others to engage in vexatious, illegal conduct, or his profiting from the same. Nevertheless, he has “walked the walk”. If you truly believe your ideas are valid, look at how Lindsay has been treated by Canadian courts and the careful analyses of his ideas. Yes, he has failed, but where he has approached Canada’s legal system with clarity and respect, he has received the same.
Emphasis added.

Yeah! Rooke actually respects Lindsay! He's that ... that ... David-Kevin: Lindsay!

Yes, writing a profile of This Titan has long been on my list of ‘things to do’, but … how do you tackle a project of this scale and scope? I am dwarfed by this figure. As Dennis Hopper's journalist character said, confronted by Colonel Kurtz:
I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

... I mean, what are they gonna say when he's gone? 'Cause he dies when it dies, when it dies, he dies! What are they gonna say about him? He was a kind man? He was a wise man? He had plans? He had wisdom? Bullshit, man! And am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me! Look at me! Wrong!
Nevertheless, I’ll try to get to that soon. It'll take a few drinks ... probably more than a few drinks ... but I'll try.

So I listened in to the latest Clifford video. Well, there’s some issues. First, and not to besmirch the reputation of David-Kevin: Lindsay, Lindsay is not the only OPCA guru to use private criminal prosecutions vs. government opponents. This is also a technique used by “minister” Belanger (Meads v Meads, para 139). But that doesn’t diminish Lindsay – Belanger really is his only competition as a grognard of the OPCA world.

I hate to disagree with persons such as Dean & Co., but there were a few possibly erroneous comments in this recording. For one, there is the potential of negative consequences from filing a private criminal indictment. Abusive use of this procedure can be a basis for cost orders: CIBC v Knight (1993), 84 ManR (2d) 231, 13 CPC (3d) 315 (Man QB). There may also be a possibility this may be a basis for contempt proceedings.

Another point I observed is that there is no evidence in the online Manitoba Courts evidence that Dean made any of the appearances mentioned at around 6:00 in the recording. That said, there is at least that new statement of claim.

Kevin Annett! At 35:30 they invoke Kevin Annett and the ITCCS! With this nexus of minds how can Dean possibly be restrained much longer?

So – anyone else feel that in these recordings Dean & Co. are starting to approach the Dinarians in wild speculation, exclamation, and absurdity?

Well except for David-Kevin: Lindsay – he’s … beyond questioning or reproach. A colossus.

SMS Möwe
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dean vs. Queen? Oh, please, please let it be a dance off against a Freddy Mercury impersonator.

Glitter for everybody!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4