Psam Frank - Sovereign with his own laws and court

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Psam Frank - Sovereign with his own laws and court

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:53 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:01 pm Thanks for the recipe, I might give it a shot. My wife is a ginger fanatic and nothing is ever gingery enough for her. She makes her own ginger ale from her own fresh ginger concentrate and soda water because even the Jamaican ginger ales aren't strong enough for her. Although, if I do, I'll probably up the ginger quota even higher.
Trader Joes sells a ginger beer that's too harsh for me, your wife might try that. Also, Canada Dry has recently put out what they call "bold ginger ale", which i will be trying this weekend. Also, what does she think of Vernors?
As much as my wife likes Trader Joes they're not in Canada Nor is Waffle House or Chick-Fil-A (at least in British Columbia). She may have tried Canada Dry, I don't recall ever having head of Vernors, if I see some I'll pick it up.

I love Waffle House hash browns.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:40 pm As much as my wife likes Trader Joes they're not in Canada
RIP Pirate Joe's. It was good while it lasted.
Psam
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Psam »

Isn’t it true that the Criminal Code of Canada is part of the Attorney General’s job description? Isn’t it sort of like, “this is a list of things that the People of Canada in their democratic process have agreed that they wish for you to prevent or deter by subjecting anyone caught doing any of these things to the prescribed penalties, unless in some way it contravenes the Constitution to do so”?

If that’s not the Attorney General’s job, then please give me a clearer definition of “free and democratic society” (section 1 of the Constitution Act, 1982) and “administration of justice” (BC Attorney General Act), because I don’t see how these phrases can be interpreted without the above description of the Attorney General’s job, paid by the taxpayers, being accurate.
Enfranchisement breeds social responsibility

“[L]aws command obedience because they are made by those whose conduct they govern.”
Supreme Court of Canada, Sauvé v Canada para 44: https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-c ... 0/index.do
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Psam,
Just friendly psuggestion:

Why don't you just shut the phuck up?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Psam
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Psam »

Dr. Caligari,

It’s spelled “phuque”.

Idiot.

“[L]aws command obedience because they are made by those whose conduct they govern.”
Supreme Court of Canada, Sauvé v Canada para 44: https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-c ... 0/index.do
Psam
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Psam »

Funny that you’re not interested in knowing the job descriptions of the people whose salaries are paid by your taxes so that you can be assured they’re doing their jobs according to what they’re hired for. And funny that you’d say a person who does not consent to your government and yet is governed by it anyway is just being annoying by asking precisely what the taxes that are being taken away from them without consent are supposed to be paying for. Not exactly rational. And yet it’s claimed that I’m the one here who is not rational.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Psam wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:58 pm Funny that you’re not interested in knowing the job descriptions of the people whose salaries are paid by your taxes so that you can be assured they’re doing their jobs according to what they’re hired for. And funny that you’d say a person who does not consent to your government and yet is governed by it anyway is just being annoying by asking precisely what the taxes that are being taken away from them without consent are supposed to be paying for. Not exactly rational. And yet it’s claimed that I’m the one here who is not rational.
Oh, we know them, alright; and even the Americans on this forum generally know where to find the job descriptions for Canadian officials. We also know what it means to "consent" to a government (hint: the fact that you are living within the borders of the country's government, without recognized diplomatic status, is a clue). We also know that you have yet to enunciate a coherent or rational explanation of why this is not so.

As Judge Judy would say: "you ate the steak; now, you have to pay for it. If you didn't want to pay for it, you shouldn't have eaten it."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Psam wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:58 pm Funny that you’re not interested in knowing the job descriptions of the people whose salaries are paid by your taxes so that you can be assured they’re doing their jobs according to what they’re hired for. And funny that you’d say a person who does not consent to your government and yet is governed by it anyway is just being annoying by asking precisely what the taxes that are being taken away from them without consent are supposed to be paying for. Not exactly rational. And yet it’s claimed that I’m the one here who is not rational.
The "you're" highlighted above is not applicable. Quatloos is an American blog and there are very few Canadian contributors. The vast majority are either British or American. As far as I'm aware you and I are the only members in British Columbia. Since they have no skin in the game almost none of the members really give a crap what happens here in British Columbia apart from entertainment value. So actions by the Attorney General or how provincial government money is spent affect only the two of us. I'd say actually only you since he's never done anything of personal interest to me.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Psam
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Psam »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:51 pm (hint: the fact that you are living within the borders of the country's government is a clue)
Yes, well my question is exactly what point it became ethical for the alleged government to be imposed upon every resident of the land with or without consent. Was it in 1867 when the British North America Act was passed? Was it in 1670 when the Hudson’s Bay Company was founded? Was it in 1758 when the first allegedly democratic elections were created? When?

If you want to claim with great certainty that something is true and yet you’re unable to precisely describe the conditions that make it true, then you’re just an idiot.
Last edited by Psam on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Psam wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:37 pm
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:51 pm (hint: the fact that you are living within the borders of the country's government is a clue)
Yes, well my question is exactly what point it became ethical for the alleged government to be imposed upon every resident of the land with or without consent. Was it in 1867 when the British North America Act was passed? Was it in 1670 when the Hudson’s Bay Company was founded? Was it in 1758 when the first allegedly democratic elections were created? When?

If you want to claim something is true and yet you’re unable to precisely describe the conditions that make it true, then you’re just an idiot.
A candid photo of Burnaby49 showing my good side;

Psam
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Psam »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:51 pm We also know that you have yet to enunciate a coherent or rational explanation of why this is not so.
It’s funny how when I make a claim I have to come up with a coherent or rational explanation why it is true, but when another participant in this forum makes a claim and I ask for a coherent or rational explanation of why it is true, I am treated as if I am being tedious and idiotic.

Personally, I think in any disagreement between two parties, the party that gets its way is the one with the onus to come up with a coherent or rational explanation why its assertion that it should have its way is true. I realise that this too coherent and rational for the participants in this forum and I apologise for this.

MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

Psam wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:47 pm It’s spelled “phuque”.
"Phoque", surely?

MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

Psam wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:37 pm Yes, well my question is exactly what point it became ethical for the alleged government to be imposed upon every resident of the land with or without consent. Was it in 1867 when the British North America Act was passed? Was it in 1670 when the Hudson’s Bay Company was founded? Was it in 1758 when the first allegedly democratic elections were created? When?
I'm not saying my feelings are hurt, here, but I actually did offer you an answer to that and you blew right past it. It is not actually possible to maintain a true direct democracy in a society of more than a few thousand people. When a thing isn't possible, asking whether it would be preferable is moot.

If you want a date, the canonical answer is that "pure" direct democracy hasn't really been a thing since Athens fell in 338 CE.

You could construct an argument that therefore the only ethical government is the city-state, but all things considered, I at least am strongly disinclined.

For one thing, please note that at any given time in a direct democracy the majority could choose to abrogate or ignore rights you and I both cherish. I wouldn't have counted as a citizen, in that Athens.

You're clearly a man of strong convictions who cares about right and wrong. I could just as reasonably ask you, given the importance of your goals, at what point do you have a moral responsibility to consider whether or not more effective ways of reaching them are available?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

It’s funny how when I make a claim I have to come up with a coherent or rational explanation why it is true, but when another participant in this forum makes a claim and I ask for a coherent or rational explanation of why it is true, I am treated as if I am being tedious and idiotic.
Stop being a martyr. You don't "have to come up with a coherent or rational explanation", that's up to you. But if you just keep throwing out waves of theoretical political science nonsense you'll face critical commentary. Don't like it? Stop posting here and find a venue more sympathetic to your gibberish. You're not really asking posters here for explanations as much as fishing for a reason to swamp us yet again with another virtually incomprehensible screed showing off your rhetorical brilliance. I'm assuming you honour us with your presence because you've been banned everywhere else you've deigned to participate. If you have problems with your treatment here the solution lies with you. Leave, you won't be missed. I don't know if it's the general opinion here that you are being tedious and idiotic but it's certainly mine.

Psam
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Psam »

MRN wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:59 am at what point do you have a moral responsibility to consider whether or not more effective ways of reaching them are available?
If the courts will not uphold their prior precedents, those being:

1. Charter analysis has two stages, first determining whether a right or freedom is denied or infringed, and second, if a right is denied or infringed, can the limit be saved by section 1 as “demonstrably justified”,

2. at the first stage, rights are interpreted broadly and liberally, so if there is an interpretation by which it might be construed that the right or freedom is denied or infringed, then that interpretation is the one that is resorted to instead of the interpretation that regards the right or freedom not to be denied or infringed, and the onus in the first stage is on the party claiming the right or freedom is denied or infringed according to a broad and liberal interpretation, or “purposive” as has also been described, to show that it is,

3. if there is a denial or infringement, then the onus is on the party seeking to limit the right or freedom to provide an objective of pressing and substantial concern to a free and democratic society and provide a preponderance of evidence that the objective is achieved by the limit, the right or freedom is minimally impaired, and the benefits of the objective are proportionate to the deleterious effects of the limit,

if the courts will not uphold those conditions, then there is no way that humanity can possibly achieve a world that I would be content to live in, so I end my life. This is in no way an immoral choice, and anybody who claims it is has the onus of proving so, conclusively.
MRN wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:59 am at any given time in a direct democracy the majority could choose to abrogate or ignore rights you and I both cherish
Even if the courts affirm that letting ISS members pay their taxes to the ISS instead of the Crown unless and until such time as the Crown creates a legislative assembly in which section 3 Charter rights are available to be exercised without interruption, R v Crawford would still stand, in which it is stated that remedying the rights of one person in a way that causes the right of another person to be denied is not an acceptable situation to allow in a one sided fashion. So the courts will remain in force to disallow the ISS from making decisions that override any rights or freedoms in the Canadian Charter. Even all in its own, the ISS has an independent and impartial judicial body which can negate decisions of the interactively elected legislative bodies when those decisions infringe upon individual rights and freedoms.
MRN wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:59 am I actually did offer you an answer to that and you blew right past it
Fair enough, yeah, I did, but you said that if the Queen were to refuse to sign the Constitution in 1982 it would have become the supreme law anyway but then you blew right past the follow up question whether the means by which the Constitution could be made the supreme law without royal assent would have anything to do with the events of 1688. If you want to carry on from there I’d be interested in hearing any remainder of the Glorious Revolution and the decisions made in its wake that can still be considered part of the Constitution of Canada by virtue of the preamble of the Constitution Act, 1867, which states that the government of Canada is similar in principle to that of the United Kingdom, for which the events of 1688 played probably the most substantial part of formulating constitutional principles of the U.K. of any other major event in history.

So the question is precisely what conditions must exist for it to be ethical for a regime to impose its governance upon every resident of a specified land with or without consent. I was only bringing up the historical context, in which I used the enactment of the Constitution of Canada, the discontinuance of elections by the Nazis in the Weimar Republic, and the supplanting of the Iranian government by the CIA as examples to try to find the common thread about what constitutes a de jure government versus a de facto government in the eyes of people who claim that there are some circumstances where consent can be ethically absolutely disregarded as having any bearing whatsoever on the ethics of a situation.

Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Psam wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:37 pm

If you want to claim with great certainty that something is true and yet you’re unable to precisely describe the conditions that make it true, then you’re just an idiot.
I know more, about this subject, than you will ever know -- and you don't know much. Let's see if I can spell it out, without using big words.

If you voluntarily live within a city/town, state/province, or country, you consent to be governed by the laws within those boundaries. If you do not wish to consent, the solution is easy -- move elsewhere.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Psam wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:32 am
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:51 pm We also know that you have yet to enunciate a coherent or rational explanation of why this is not so.

Personally, I think in any disagreement between two parties, the party that gets its way is the one with the onus to come up with a coherent or rational explanation why its assertion that it should have its way is true. I realise that this too coherent and rational for the participants in this forum and I apologise for this.
You have it backwards. You are the one who is claiming that your spiffy, handy-dandy ISS is a viable way of withdrawing your consent to live under the laws of a particular jurisdiction; and the burden of proof is on YOU. The laws of Canada and the United States, to name but two nations, say that, if you voluntarily reside within a given jurisdiction, and lack diplomatic status, you are subject to the laws of those jurisdictions. It is up to YOU to prove otherwise.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

MRN wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:43 pm
grixit wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:50 am
My SO has a significant sulfur allergy. How does the recipe turn out with dark karo syrup instead of molasses?
I haven't tried that but can think of no reason it would be bad. I have made it with dark honey (halve the brown sugar) and been super pleased with that. Makes it chewier, too.
That makes sense. I don't normally think of honey because it's a bit strong for me. However, i like peanut butter and honey and i like halvah, so having it mixed in is fine.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:40 pm
As much as my wife likes Trader Joes they're not in Canada Nor is Waffle House or Chick-Fil-A (at least in British Columbia). She may have tried Canada Dry, I don't recall ever having head of Vernors, if I see some I'll pick it up.

I love Waffle House hash browns.
I think i might have ridden by a Waffle House once. But i'm in the mainly Denny's and IHOP part of the US.

As for Canada Dry, here's one of your fellow citizens fighting against fraud and, unlike the sovcits, actually scoring a point. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5782817.

Vernors is from Michigan and is claimed to be the earliest commercially made soft drink in North America. It's apparently only sold in Ontario and a few parts of Canada, so you'd have to mail order it. I urge you to do so.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

That lawsuit was a blow to bombastic and false advertising everywhere in Canada! Each of the two lead plaintiffs got $1,500 and a total payout of about $200,000. I'm assuming Canada Dry Mott's Inc. figured it was better to pay out some loose change than to keep paying legal bills. I'm guessing they were certain they would win but didn't want the aggravation and expense of an ongoing lawsuit.

There aren't any crunch berries in Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries cereal either, nor froot in Froot Loos but people sue over that too;

https://loweringthebar.net/2009/06/reas ... rules.html