Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Post by notorial dissent »

AW is many things but dyslexic is not one of them. What he is is a con artist first and foremost. I also don't believe he is all that bright either, if he were I his materials would be better. He found a con he likes and that is what he sticks to. Like his fellow con artists he plays to his intended sicker list audience and stole all of his stuff from someone else from somewhere else. The audience he is playing to are clueless and desperate and so aren't going to fact check or know that he is blowing smoke and pretty much taking them for a ride, so he can pretty much get away with whatever, so he doesn't really have to try very hard and so he is sloppy and lazy on top of being not very bright.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I will accept that ATW is not dyslexic but there is something wrong with his reading or thought processes.

Here he is, on trial in a situation that could effectively put him behind bars for the rest of his life. This is the sort of situation that would cause most sentient beings to put on their thinking caps. But Williams is still playing the fool. His pleadings are unworthy of a first year law student. He was provided with a court-appointed lawyer who has a very thin chance of minimizing the ugliness of Williams's situation and, instead of cooperating or at least conferring with that unlucky man, Willliams seems determined to cancel out everything that professional is doing for him.

The Titanic is sinking and, while other people are grabbing life jackets and putting jewelry in their pockets, Williams grabbed his favorite anvil.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Williams strikes me as "mentally musclebound". He has a fair amount of intelligence; but he is grossly lacking in many important areas, so he thinks that his reams of gibberish actually amount to something worthwhile. He cannot understand why other people can't recognize his brilliance; so he resorts to conspiracist fables, as the only reasons why he cannot win in court.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

In OPPOSITION TO MOTION FOR JUDICIAL DETERMINATION OF THE MENTAL COMPETENCY OF THE ACCUSED he provided the full mental competency report from Florida. I searched high and low for the part that exclaimed his genius, but failed to find any such reference. However, the report did find that testing revealed an attempt at overly-virtuous responding and symptoms of paranoia. it also concluded that Andrew meet the diagnostic criteria for Paranoid Personality Disorder. It also correctly predicted that Andrew would not play well with any attorney assigned to his case, and would become argumentative during hearings. All this and more can be found on the report attached in the above link. Please let me know if you find the bit about his genius.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent

The determination sounds pretty much spot on, pretty much fit to a tee. He also suffers from the delusion that people are just going to take his word for things he claims rather than actually check them out. It worked with his "clients", not so much the rest of the world, and I think that is throwing him just a bit.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The report definitely shows that Anthony Williams does not play well with others, and is definitely inclined to be slippery and untrustworthy. It shows him competent enough not to qualify for an insanity plea and not to qualify for a diminish capacity plea. It shows he is competent to be put through a trial, but it suggests (it does not compel) that he should not be allowed to handle his own defense as a pro se and that he ought to be represented at all times by a real lawyer.

Here is the ugliness for the judge: This case falls into a narrow grey area, the defendant wants to go pro se but clearly won't do a good job of it. In terms of evidence of the defendant's mental capacity to go pro se, it's a coin flip. However the judge decides on whether the defendant gets a lawyer or is his own lawyer this defendant is almost sure to end up in prison, at which point he'll appeal on the grounds that the judge decided wrong on whether or not he should have been pro se (yes, there are defendants who were allowed to go pro se and then appealed on the grounds that they were too damn dumb to handle it and the judge should have seen that).
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

So, the judge will hold a hearing delving into minutia regarding the defendant's capability to represent himself and the defendant's understanding of the over/under related to that.

The judge will ensure every i (and j) is dotted to eliminate the possibility of a reversal on appeal.

That doesn't mean that Williams won't appeal his conviction.

It's just that if Williams goes after inadequate representation or anything similar, he won't have sufficient grounds to have the appellate court not throw that one out.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
notorial dissent

I think it is pretty much a given that whatever the judge decides AW will appeal, it is what he does.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

ATW is demanding the government hire him a legal secretary. I think it almost goes without saying this one's gonna get flushed.

ATW's most recent motions ("Third Motion for Exposition of Spiritual Warfare", "Motion to Determine Competency of Ersatz Prosecutor Ronald Johnson", et al.) were denied as moot since similar motions are still pending before the court.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

So now, the court and thus, the taxpayers, are supposedly obliged to pay for being inundated with even more gibberish.

Or perhaps, in his own superior, clever logic, he's thinking he would be able to blame any failure and thus conviction on someone other than himself.

Entertaining, but like all things Anthony, absurd. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Williams would probably benefit from industrial strength psychiatric care, but instead he's going to prison, where he will comfort himself with delusions that he is right and everyone else is wrong. This is not uncommon with prison inmates, even those undeniably guilty of undeniable crimes.

Penology is a science whose development and application - both - are hobbled by politics and budget and bureaucracy. And yet its advances would probably do society more good than advances in astronomy.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Another PACER haul with responses to ATW's most recent round of motions:

Here's a response to ATW's demand to provide discovery discs and a PowerPoint presentation. Attached as an exhibit is a copy of the PowerPoint presentation at issue, which looks very interesting! (The other exhibit is a photocopy of a disc)

Also:
ATW confuses civil and criminal discovery
ATW's "misprision of felony" "motion" is irrelevant to his defense
Response to request for legal secretary

Choice quote from the latter response:
In any event, the Court's docket demonstrates that the Defendant's own vexatious and aggressive litigation choices have consumed immensely more resources than would be objectively necessary to prepare for trial. By the government's count, the Defendant has filed no fewer than 49 motions and 12 other demands for miscellaneous relief to date. Many of these motions are patently frivolous and could not have affected any claim or defense at issue in the indictment, including three motions claiming "spiritual warfare." ECF Nos. 179, 238, and 273. Others motions filed by the Defendant appeared to have been factually baseless, including two motions to disqualify the district judge and magistrate judge, and separate motions to disbar or seek to determine the competency of the prosecutor. See ECF Nos. 147, 241, 242, and 269. Insofar as the Defendant's perceived need for administrative resources is predicated upon continuing his strategy of filing legally-baseless or immaterial motions, the Defendant has not demonstrated that a legal secretary is necessary to defend against the mail and wire fraud charges in the Superseding Indictment.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Scott - thanks, but why don't you use RECAP? If you did, people who wish for whatever reason to pull down the docs you did would not have to pay for them.

Don't tell me that you use IE.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

wserra wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:22 pm Scott - thanks, but why don't you use RECAP? If you did, people who wish for whatever reason to pull down the docs you did would not have to pay for them.

Don't tell me that you use IE.
I use RECAP. For some reason they have it split up:
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/63 ... er_by=desc
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/61 ... er_by=desc

The stuff I post is hosted on my own webserver. No, I don't use IE :)
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

ATW's standby counsel has himself filed a motion to show cause. Unlike the others that were written by ATW, the standby counsel himself filed this one, and appears to have legitimate issues with the way the BOP has been handling access to legal supplies and materials.

(Links are on my server)
Fourth Motion to Show Cause
Declaration
Exhibits A-F
Certificate of Service
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Late to the party, but just read the fogbow charge wrap. I don't think I've come across such a vile, inconsiderate scam in recent years. It's way up the list.

I hope the judge throws the book at him, again.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

The Pretend Attorney General gets his fourth motion (mostly) shot down, and moves to dismiss the superseding indictment! There's also a lot of interesting stuff attached to his motion to dismiss, as well!

All links are to my server, but the documents should also be on RECAP as well. Some had inadequate PII redaction, but I fixed it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

When is the projected trial date?

Reading the scribbled notes on the indictment, he seems to mostly be upset about his mom being roped in but he basically torpedos his own argument by admitting she deposited the checks they got off homeowners.

His other main argument is that the homeowners were already in foreclosure so his scam had no effect.
notorial dissent

I think two of the biggest issues with AW are that he doesn't like to share, money, attention, much of anything, and he gets really testy when he gets called on something. He is really P0'd that momma is out while he is still in jail , that has to have really chapped his butt. So now he falls back on the he didn't do anything wrong, or if he did it doesn't matter they were already screwed defense. Sounds just like him.