Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Post by ScottComstock »

Here's ATW's reply to the government's opposition to his sworn motion to dismiss the superseding indictment. (Link to my server)

He continues to accuse the government of adding his mother to the indictment solely to drag things out, and:
This flip-flopping of the government asserting that they have not requested a continuance, then separately arguing for a continuance then emphatically stating that it has NOT ONCE filed for a continuance is indicative of the incompetence and dishonesty of the prosecutors in this case.
Further:
However, the delay in the trial has been oppressive and prejudicial because had the undersigned been taken to trial within 70 days of the indictment he has no incertitude he would have won at trial...
Then he keeps screaming that the government was obliged to present exculpatory evidence to the grand jury. Then he seems to conveniently forget that his actions in Florida and Hawaii are in fact different acts at different times:
III. DOUBLE JEOPARDY CLAUSE DOES BAR FEDERAL PROSECUTION AFTER DEFENDANT HAS BEEN CONVICTED

As previously outlined in the Sworn Motion to Dismiss Superseding Indictment the double jeopardy clause bars the prosecution twice for the same offense. By charging the defendant with charges by a different name for the same conduct defendant has been wrongfully convicted of in Florida, the government seems to have the erroneous presumption that the double jeopardy principle doesn't apply.
The defendant is not being prosecuted for different acts in Florida and federal court but prosecuted for the exact same acts, conduct and business but merely labeled as different charges. The defendants [business] application, business practices and procedures are the exact same in all states his business operates in so there were no different acts just different charges filed for the same acts in an attempt to circumvent the double jeopardy clause. Therefore the Double Jeopardy Clause in fact does apply.
What follows is more complaining that the government still hasn't properly responded to his motion to dismiss (mandating dismissal), and he includes an affidavit from what I presume is one of his clients stating that the client was defrauded by "Mortgage Enterprise", whom ATW claims is a copycat fraudulent company set up by others.

(Apologies for not quoting more from the document, but it's composed of scanned images and Acrobat Pro DC doesn't want to OCR it for some reason)
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Is there any actual exculpatory evidence?
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Jeffrey wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:43 pm Is there any actual exculpatory evidence?
Hard to say, from what I've seen.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Jeffrey wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:43 pm Is there any actual exculpatory evidence?
In what sense? He was running a mortgage escape scam. He was using the mails, phones, and banking system to defraud people, and just getting your victim to sign something saying you weren't cheating them, or providing a disclaimor when you are essentially promising something you can NEVER EVER accomplish is pretty much fraud any way you look at it. So what could possibly be "exculpatory" in any of that? His answer pretty much boils down to "cause reasons" and "because I said so" neither of which will get any traction with the court.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

New from PACER (links to my server):
  • Order denying Defendant's Motion for Disqualification of Judge Kenneth Mansfield
  • United States' Response to Defendant’s Fifth Motion for Order to Show Cause and Request for Expedited Hearing
  • Court Order Denying Defendant's "Motion for Exposition of Spiritual Warfare"
    This Court has reviewed Defendant’s Spiritual Warfare Motion, and the crux of the motion is that Defendant believes the attorneys representing or working with the Government and the United States itself are evil and the charges against him are invalid and a form of spiritual warfare.

First, this Court CAUTIONS Defendant that personal attacks regarding the Government’s attorneys are not relevant to the pending criminal charges against Defendant and do not benefit his defense. Moreover, while it is unclear what relief Defendant seeks in the Spiritual Warfare Motion, based upon the general subject matter of the motion, this Court concludes that the Spiritual Warfare Motion does not seek any relief that this Court can grant.
  • Court Order Denying Defendant's "Motion for Rebuttal to Sworn Declaration of Anthony Williams"
  • Order denying Defendant's Appeal of Order Denying (1) Motion for Order to Show Cause, and (2) Ex Parte Application and Motion for Funds to Purchase Legal Supplies at Government's Expense
  • Court Order Denying Defendant's "Motion to Appeal Order Denying Motion for Disqualification of Judge Leslie Kobayashi"
notorial dissent

Poor Fony Tony, just not his day in court, racking up quite a loss record there.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

A whole load of rulings on ATW's various motions have just popped up on PACER, so bust out your scorecards! Links on my server.
  • COURT ORDER DENYING “MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION OF COURT’S 8/21/18 ELECTRONIC ORDER RE: ‘UNITED STATES’S MOTION TO EXTEND THE DEADLINE TO RESPOND TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO DISMISS’”
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S “SWORN MOTION TO DISMISS SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT”
  • COURT ORDER GRANTING THE GOVERNMENT’S MOTION FOR JUDICIAL DETERMINATION OF THE MENTAL COMPETENCY OF THE ACCUSED
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [171] AMENDED SECOND MOTION FOR ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE AND REQUEST FOR EXPEDITED HEARING
  • ORDER DENYING AS MOOT DEFENDANT’S [173] MOTION FOR GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE CRIMINAL HISTORY OF DEFENDANT
  • ORDER DENYING AS MOOT DEFENDANT’S [174] MOTION FOR NOTICE OF THE GOVERNMENT’S INTENT TO USE EVIDENCE
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S: [176] SWORN MOTION ESTABLISHING UNDISPUTED FACTS AND REQUEST FOR JUDICIAL NOTICE; [178] SECOND REQUEST FOR MANDATORY JUDICIAL NOTICE; AND [221] THIRD REQUEST FOR MANDATORY JUDICIAL RELIEF
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [196] AMENDED THIRD MOTION FOR ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE AND REQUEST FOR EXPEDITED HEARING
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [219] MOTION TO DETERMINE BANKRUPTCY STATUS OF THE UNITED STATES
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [220] MOTION TO COMPEL THE GOVERNMENT TO ANSWER WHETHER THEY ARE BOUND BY FEDERAL LAW
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [236] SWORN MOTION FOR NON-BAR COUNSEL
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [237] MOTION FOR RECOGNITION AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND A SOVEREIGN
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [238] SECOND MOTION FOR EXPOSITION OF SPRITUAL [SIC] WARFARE
  • ORDER DENYING [239] MOTION SEEKING INSPECTION OF GRAND JURY MINUTES, ATTENDANCE AND VOTING RECORDS
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [240] MOTION FOR FUNDS TO PAY FOR PRINTING OF LEGAL DOCUMENTS AND USE OF THE TRULINCS SYSTEM
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S [242] SWORN MOTION TO DISBAR RONALD JOHSON [SIC] FOR PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT AND RACISM
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S “MOTION FOR INJUNCTION AGAINST FDC FOR RETALIATION”
  • ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT’S “APPEAL AND REQUEST TO DISTRICT COURT TO RECONSIDER A PRETRIAL MATTER DETERMINED BY THE MAGISTRATE JUDGE”
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

What a win!!!1!! Well, we'll finally find out if if he's sane, but crazy or truly insane and incapable of facing the charges.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

And to round out the week (links to my server):
I think he might actually have a point with this one if the subpoenaed documents haven't been produced, but isn't a contempt motion a bit much? Isn't there a less "nuclear" option?
notorial dissent

Somehow, considering who we're talking about I suspect that there is more to this than we can see here.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I don't get what kind of "remedy", to use a good sov word, it is to declare the anti predatory lending list to be in contempt. Wouldn't the proper complaint be "I was wrongfully put on that list, and i want my name removed". Surely the existance of such a list is reasonable.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Making my way through the document backlog and Williams claims to have hired and flown a number of people around the country for his little business. Do we have numbers on how much money he was making here?
notorial dissent

grixit wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 am I don't get what kind of "remedy", to use a good sov word, it is to declare the anti predatory lending list to be in contempt. Wouldn't the proper complaint be "I was wrongfully put on that list, and i want my name removed". Surely the existance of such a list is reasonable.
I would think so, particularly when you are dealing with a predator, which is what Williams is, and that list should have no bearing on a HI trial since I don't believe I have seen IN even mentioned, except by him. He just doesn't like being called out for what he is, and if he has a beef with IN this trial is NOT the place to make it.
morrand

Post by morrand »

Except that I don't know that's what he was asking for. His subpoena asks for records "pertaining to Anthony Troy Williams (DOB 8/9/17), defendant in this cause...." Unless the defendant was indicted as a fetus, which would raise some interesting issues at trial, I suspect that all subpoenaed parties have no responsive records to offer regarding the party named. I would certainly hope that a one-year-old would not be named in the Predatory Lending Database. Therefore, while it might indeed be contempt, I can't see the significance.
---
Morrand
notorial dissent

morrand wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 pm Except that I don't know that's what he was asking for. His subpoena asks for records "pertaining to Anthony Troy Williams (DOB 8/9/17), defendant in this cause...." Unless the defendant was indicted as a fetus, which would raise some interesting issues at trial, I suspect that all subpoenaed parties have no responsive records to offer regarding the party named. I would certainly hope that a one-year-old would not be named in the Predatory Lending Database. Therefore, while it might indeed be contempt, I can't see the significance.
That sounds so VERY Williamsish and I wouldn't expect any less from him.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Bad news on the ATW front: the upcoming trial date has been vacated due to a competency evaluation, despite an apparent Government objection to one of the doctors proposing to do so due to the apparently limited scope of the evaluation.

Choice quote:
At Defendant's arraignment and plea...Magistrate Judge Kenneth J. Mansfield found that Defendant was capable of representing himself based solely on an in-court colloquy...(i)n the year since that proceeding, however, Defendant demonstrated that he may not be competent to conduct trial proceedings by himself. Defendant has filed 54 motions and 16 filings for miscellaneous relief, often invoking religious authorities and leveling ad hominem attacks against the prosecution and the Court, while advancing legally frivolous theories.

Also on tap:
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

(Links on my server)

On the Pretend Attorney General front, ATW decides he wants to sever his case from that of his two co-defendants, and his motion for contempt against the Middle District of the United States Marshal's Service is denied.

Also:
This motion and all of Defendant’s recent motions for orders for contempt (ECF No. 349, 350, 357, 361, 363) arise from Defendant’s attempt to circumvent the rules of discovery in the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure and to utilize subpoenas duces tecum directly against various Federal and state agencies to pursue broad discovery requests, without notifying the counsel for the government, the United States Attorney and the undersigned counsel (USAO).

Defendant’s motion should be denied. The Court should quash the subpoena and deny this motion because the subpoena is defective insofar as its demands lack specificity and seek broad discovery into matters that are not relevant or admissible.
So far he's seeking contempt against the IL Anti-Predatory Lending Database, the United States Marshal's Service, the Orange County (CA) District Attorney's Office, the Broward County (FL) Sheriff's Office, and the FBI. As mentioned earlier, the contempt motion against the USMS has been denied.
TheCount
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by TheCount »

To be fair, the OC district attorney’s office has had some “issues” in recent years, culminating in the entire da’s office being disqualified on a big murder case, not to mention that the DA himself was beyond cray-cray (decided to prosecute a case against that cops that killed a homeless man himself, despite having not been in a courtroom for decades, and -surprise - lost). (Thank goodness he lost the election last week and OC gets a new DA.

Although what Info Williams might want is rather baffling.
notorial dissent

I can't imagine what he could want any of that for, OC is in CA no HI, and he is facing Federal, not State, charges so whatever OC might conceivably have on him would be irrelevant to his trial. I'm kind of surprised the judge authorized the subpoenas.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

(As always, links are to my server)

The Pretend Attorney General filed a "writ of objection and rejection of the eradication of the trial date", and he's not pulling punches:
1. The government filed a frivolous Motion To Determine Competency of the undersigned back in April...
2. The court chose to wait 6 months before it ruled unfairly and unlawfully to have the undersigned evaluated having evidence that the undersigned was subjected to this frivolous bogus tactic in Florida in which the undersigned was determined to be competent and brilliant by Dr. Michael Brannon.
4. The trial date was previously changed from May 15, 2018 and set to December 16, 2018 because of the bogus superseding indictment which added the undersigneds 71 year old mother for no other purpose but to delay
the trial and to spite the undersigned and cause undue hardship and stress on the undersigned's family.
8. The undersigned objects that the vacating of the trial date (ed: 12/16/2018) is excludable delay because the delay is attributable to the government and the court who chose to order this bogus evaluation knowing full well the undersigned is the most competent man that has ever set foot in that courtroom.
9. Attorney's at law are too stupid and incompetent to represent themselves when they have a personal case and have to hire a colleague to represent them. However, the undersigned has always represented himself and has won all of his case and trials with the exception of the two in Florida that were corrupted and rigged by the judge and prosecutor but both cases are pending appeal and will be overturn.
13. When the undersigned is found to be brilliant again, a Federal lawsuit will be filed against the prosecutors and trial judge for collusion, conspiracy against rights, deprivation of rights and racial discrimination.
Bonus:
14. The undersigned is a gulf war military veteran and demands to be respected as such. It is because of honorable soldiers like the undersigned that you public servants enjoy the freedoms that you continue to have and enjoy.
I haven't seen anything showing this guy's a vet...

Also:
  • Order denying Defendant's Fifth motion for Order to Show Cause and Request for Expedited Hearing
  • United States' Response to Defendant's Sixth Motion for Order to Show Cause and Request for Expedited Hearing