"Trump Bucks"

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

"Trump Bucks"

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

This is not a political thread, but I felt it needed to be documented here as it is clearly a scam and the kind of thing we'd normally cover.

As bona fides that it's not meant to be a political post, the article contain the following:
No evidence suggests the alleged scammers are connected to Trump or his re-election campaign.
However, it follows the archetypal scam blueprint and marks trying to cash in their worthless documents at real banks.
John Amann told NBC News he bought $2,200 worth of Trump Bucks and other items over the past year only to discover they were worthless when he tried to cash them in at his local bank.
Repeated attempts to reach representatives for the companies by phone and email were unsuccessful. But Bank of America spokesman Bill Halldin said he’s heard reports from bank employees of customers coming in to exchange their Trump Bucks for actual cash, but the bank routinely turns them down.

“It’s hard to put a number on how many people have come in,” Halldin said when asked for more specifics about who these people are and where they are located.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... -rcna84965

I created it as another thread so that it's easier to move to another section, or even delete if anyone feels it crosses the line without affecting existing threads.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: "Trump Bucks"

Post by Burnaby49 »

Seems fine to me since it's a scam that uses Donald Trump's name but is in no way connected to him and he may not even be aware of it. Reminds me to some extent of one of the topics that got me posting on Quatloos way back, The Dove of Peace promoting Clyde Hood and the Omega Trust scam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Trust

I found Dove fascinating. When Hood was discredited and jailed she just moved in and took over promoting her own magical 'packages' but dressing it up as NESARA payouts. The only specific thread we have on Dove relates to her death;

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5963&p=97702&hilit

Enough nostalgia. Trump Bucks follow a classic scheme for defrauding low-hanging fruit (fools).
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

In 2020, I bought one example each of 20-20 Biden Election Dollars and 2020 Trump Dollars. Obviously, I did not support or oppose both; I simply wanted them for my collection. A person would really have to be some kind of stupid to think that either one was or is real US money.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

It's funny the way gag items get taken seriously.

'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

I purchased (for$1) a one billion dollar bill and gave it to a friend of mine with the warning - "Don't spend it all in one place!"
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The web site www.propmoney.com sells paper money which is incredibly realistic-looking, but which clearly indicates that this "prop money" is produced "For Motion Picture Purposes Only," and is NOT legal tender. They clearly do not feel the same as a regular banknote. TV and movie people use these so that they can use realistic money in their productions, but do not have to worry about accounting for real cash.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

In a box somewhere I still have a $3 bill from the Clinton era that says "In $3 Bill we trust." Don't think I've ever been tempted to use it at 7-11.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"