Russell Anthony Porisky - Poriskyite Extraordinaire!

Moderator: Burnaby49

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Russell Anthony Porisky - Poriskyite Extraordinaire!

Post by wserra »

Why, Burnaby, you almost sound wistful.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Sitting through the endless hours of Michael Millar's idiocy was one of the most excrutiatingly boring experiences of my life but, yes, it is the end of an era.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

All good things must come to an end.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Given a choice between having root canals on all of my teeth, without anesthesia or painkillers, and listening to one of Porisky's programs, I might just ask the orthodontist how long the root canals will take.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Now to the most futile part of this whole farce, the most pointless decision made by a court that I’ve ever seen.
I wouldn't call it entirely futile. I liken it to the Hammer Films 1958 version of Dracula where Peter Cushing, as Dr. Van Helsing, places a crucifix in Dracula's empty coffin to prevent the undead count from using it. Not likely that Dracula was going to make it back (this was near the end of the film) but you never know what could happen. In that same vein, putting a huge penalty, fine or reparations in place will serve as an obstacle to prevent Porisky from making some sort of financial comeback, however unlikely it is. Nothing could be worse than seeing a scammer getting a windfall and avoiding paying his fair share simply because it was never assessed.

I recall a time where a scammer involved in insurance fraud got nailed heavy. Several of his victims, insurance companies, had written him off due to him being in prison, losing his medical license, and no apparent way to earn income in the future. Then he won a very big lottery that was in the millions. The one entity who did establish an apparent futile judgment against him suddenly was a big winner while those insurance companies had to get in line and hope there would be funds left over. But there weren't.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

The decision is on CanLii but just as screwed up there.

Porisky v. The King,
2024 TCC 84
https://canlii.ca/t/k587h
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs