Hendrickson Resentencing Rescheduled

Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: Hendrickson Resentencing Rescheduled

Post by Kestrel »

ashlynne39 wrote:Let's say he is released fairly soon. Any bets on how soon he will be back in prison for his next round of crackheadedness?
Has he paid his fine, costs and restitution yet?

If not, how does that factor in? Does he have a deadline to pay up?
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

What I would be curious to know is: How does the Criminal Investigation (CI) division at the Internal Revenue Service treat someone who is being released after having served for a federal tax crime? Does CI have a formal or informal policy of monitoring the tax return filings of ex-cons?

I would think that in the case of tax protester-tax deniers, the recidivism with respect to federal tax crimes would be a real problem, so I would think that CI would make special efforts to monitor those kinds of people. But, I've never heard that there is any such formal or informal policy.

If Pete Hendrickson is indeed released in the coming days, he still would have about seven months of this year to earn a living, which could result in his receiving a W-2 showing gross income in excess of the sum of the standard deduction and personal exemption.

I kinda wonder who is gonna hire him at this point.

I'm curious, too: Was he still gainfully employed just prior to his latest incarceration?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Famspear wrote:What I would be curious to know is: How does the Criminal Investigation (CI) division at the Internal Revenue Service treat someone who is being released after having served for a federal tax crime? Does CI have a formal or informal policy of monitoring the tax return filings of ex-cons?

I would think that in the case of tax protester-tax deniers, the recidivism with respect to federal tax crimes would be a real problem, so I would think that CI would make special efforts to monitor those kinds of people. But, I've never heard that there is any such formal or informal policy.
The only answer I've ever gotten to that one is "it's in the LEM".
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

LPC wrote:
Judge Rosen wrote:Defendant was resentenced to 27 months custody, all other terms of the sentence remain as previously imposed.
Hendrickson was originally sentenced to 33 months, and the BOP had his projected release date as 11/18/2012. Subtracting 6 months from a 11/18/2012 release date would his release date no later than 5/18, which is Friday. (I expect that the recalculation of time off for good behavior would make his release date before that.)
Been trying to work this one out too. He started his sentence on 06/29/10 so 11/18/12 must include his deduction for good conduct. Trying to use the same figures and the deduction for good conduct I get 06/14/12.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Been trying to work this one out too. He started his sentence on 06/29/10 so 11/18/12 must include his deduction for good conduct. Trying to use the same figures and the deduction for good conduct I get 06/14/12.
Which is more or less correct. Probably +/- a day or two. There are a bunch of rules about how the counting and 15% crediting is to be done, but the bottom line is that if the original BoP release date was correct and based on an assumption of good-time, the new release date will only be about 85% of 6 months earlier.

He doesn't get credit for time he won't serve, and that accounts for the approximately one-month difference (15% of 6 months is ~27 days.)
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Has he ever complied with the court order to file returns for the years in question? If he hasn't, (and I don't think he has, at best, IIRC, he filed some fingers crossed "under protest" statement that the IRS refused to accept as a return), how is he not in contempt?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:What I would be curious to know is: How does the Criminal Investigation (CI) division at the Internal Revenue Service treat someone who is being released after having served for a federal tax crime? Does CI have a formal or informal policy of monitoring the tax return filings of ex-cons?

If there is such a program, it has to have some limit. Looking at what happened to Irwin Schiff, it would seem that the government took their eyes off of him and he proceeded to run amok for several years promoting his scheme. I suspect that there would have to be a probation program in place for Hendrickson in order for CI to continue to monitor his activities.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

What's the 12 months supervision thing then if not probation? Didn't he get 33 months and 12 months supervised release?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The Observer wrote:Looking at what happened to Irwin Schiff, it would seem that the government took their eyes off of him and he proceeded to run amok for several years promoting his scheme.
Ditto Clarkson, and Kahn, and Hendrickson (who already had a conviction for tax protesting in the violent, smoke-bomb way), and just about every other recidivist tax scheme promoter.

Even if Hendrickson goes right back to Lost Horizons and start flogging his book and his non-method method, it will be at least 4-5 years before the government takes any interest in him again.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

LPC wrote:.....Even if Hendrickson goes right back to Lost Horizons and start flogging his book and his non-method method, it will be at least 4-5 years before the government takes any interest in him again.
Stated another way, I'm probably assured of a supply of 4 to 5 more years of fresh, quality comedy material......

:)

Of course, I'm using the term "comedy" very loosely, here.....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

The Federal BOP website shows his release date as June 13, 2012.
Name Register # Age-Race-Sex Release Date
1. PETER HENDRICKSON 15406-039 56-White-M 06-13-2012 IN TRANSIT
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Dezcad wrote:The Federal BOP website shows his release date as June 13, 2012.
And the last (very, very last) people to know his release date will be the losers at Lost Horizons.

He'll probably be out for a week, and have posted a newsletter, before any of them have a clue.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

There is probably at least one LHer for whom it will be news that PH was in jail.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Maybe after he is released, Blowhard Hendrickson will come up with some way to fool his followers into thinking that the "liberating truth" found in his Cracking the Code masterpiece will be what will have gotten Hendrickson out of prison.

It shouldn't be too hard to convince them of that. Hendrickson's Heroes are not exactly the brightest bulbs in the pantheon of preposterous protesters. They've bought just about everything else the Fabulous Felon has written.

I think it will be interesting to see how long it takes the Haughty Hendrickson to start posting at losthorizons after he is released.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Famspear wrote:I think it will be interesting to see how long it takes the Haughty Hendrickson to start posting at losthorizons after he is released.
He's going to have a lot of housekeeping to do on the forum, to purge it of all the non-CTC-compliant posts and posters. He might just wipe it and start over.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Lambkin wrote:
Famspear wrote:I think it will be interesting to see how long it takes the Haughty Hendrickson to start posting at losthorizons after he is released.
He's going to have a lot of housekeeping to do on the forum, to purge it of all the non-CTC-compliant posts and posters. He might just wipe it and start over.
I think he'll be a like a dog returning to his vomit. His ego has taken a hit and he will really want to get back to people he can as the superior. I say he's back pretty soon after - unless he's really had a change of heart.

It could be that he's more of a con-man than an Egomaniac. In which case, he'll likely be searching for the next thing to push on his marks and perhaps just delete LH and come up with something different.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Imalawman wrote:
Lambkin wrote:
I think he'll be a like a dog returning to his vomit. His ego has taken a hit and he will really want to get back to people he can as the superior. I say he's back pretty soon after - unless he's really had a change of heart.

It could be that he's more of a con-man than an Egomaniac. In which case, he'll likely be searching for the next thing to push on his marks and perhaps just delete LH and come up with something different.
I think lost horizons is his ego and no matter what happens he'll still be there :brickwall: all day long. What else can he do? He spent a lifetime creating CtC and getting his followers hyped and then spent part of a lifetime in jail over it and still didnt learn. Hows he going to learn when hes out of jail if he didnt learn whilst he was in it? Can almost guarantee he will be back at LH and within a year he will have attracted attention to himself and he'll be right back at the Graybar with his other buddies.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

imalawman wrote:I think he'll be a like a dog returning to his vomit. His ego has taken a hit and he will really want to get back to people he can as the superior. I say he's back pretty soon after - unless he's really had a change of heart.

Apparently, he was still insisting he was right and the courts were wrong right up to his re-sentencing. So I think we will see him doubling down on the CTC stuff.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

CaptainKickback wrote:The picture of himself at LostHorizons is all you need to know about whether or not he will continue down his CtC path, or decide to toe the line. The pose, the look on his face, the body language all but scream, "I am right, everyone else is wrong and I am willing to destroy my friends, family and followers trying to prove I am right and everyone else is wrong."

In another time, place, or culture, he would strap dynamite to himself, walk into a market, shriek some gibberish and then detonate.

You just can't argue with crazy.
Preposterous, Perseverant, Pontificating, Pompous, Prevaricating, Prisoner Pete will pump his Polluted Protest Propaganda once more, at lllllllost horizons dot com! Watch for it! Coming soon, to a Computer Near You!

:)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm going with the majority on this. I think he will be back at it as soon as he can remember the passwords and how to get in. I don't think his ego will let him do anything else, he was right after all, adn he will have to tell everyone about it, but the question is will there be anyone left to ponder his penultimately ponderous platitudes, since most of his followers will probably be inside by then, or too broke to afford internet service from having lost all their court cases? It's really hard to get dsl under a bridge or in a refrigerator box. I really can't see Skanky or the hopped up hamster being welcome once he does, so there me a great shortage of acolytes even if he does remember the passwords.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.