2010 QUATLOOS PARTY

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: 2010 QUATLOOS PARTY

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Demosthenes wrote:When: Friday, May 7, 2010 5:00 pm to whenever
Where: the bar at Zola's at the Spy Museum http://www.zoladc.com/thebar.php
Why: Because we can. We Are the Illuminati!

Just look for the pirate flag.
It's all an excuse not to work on the book. :shock:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

It's an opportunity to get your name and picture into the book.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

No pictures. That would violate the rule of maintaining Illuminati secret identities.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

BTW: I believe the bar tab for the OFFICIAL party exceeded the annual income of most TPs by at least one order of magnitude -- and no one was doing 'girly' drinks -- unless you count a splash of water in the Bourbon as girly.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:BTW: I believe the bar tab for the OFFICIAL party exceeded the annual income of most TPs by at least one order of magnitude -- and no one was doing 'girly' drinks -- unless you count a splash of water in the Bourbon as girly.
Except it sounds like you're back already. Tsk, tsk. Good parties last until someone throws up a kidney, which takes at least a week of binge drinking.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Unfortunately, it is necessary to catch the last commuter bus home or either pay an obscene taxi fare or walk an obscene number of miles.

Besides, the bar (last time we'll be there) refused to aknowledge the Illuminati credentials and wouldn't give us enough space to spread out comfortably.

Finally, they had the nerve to have Happy Hour 'last call' at 7:30 on a FRIDAY NIGHT :!:

I'll send you the GPS details on their location via PM so you can unleash a couple of cruise interns on them.
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Nikki wrote:Besides, the bar (last time we'll be there) refused to aknowledge the Illuminati credentials and wouldn't give us enough space to spread out comfortably.
They acknowledged but you were on the wrong side (Morgan v. Goldman).
:shock:
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

A good time. WIth respect, I suggest future such meetings be in a place (1) considerably quieter - my hearing is not what it used to be and I missed about half of what was being said, and (2) more congenial to extended seating - I could suggest a few places in the DC area.

I left a $20 FRN on the table for what I estimated was $15 of food and drink. If I shorted someone, please let me know.

PS: Please provide a fuller citation of Morgan v. Goldman. I have found at least two cases with those names, neither relating to Illuminati or Quatloos. One, Morgan v. Goldman, is a bankruptcy case in the 8th Circuit; the other, Morgan v. Goldman Sachs, is a trademark case in the SD Fla, both in 2009.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

It was incredibly disappointing. Harvester never showed up, and no one brought any interns, so all the charcoal briquettes went to waste.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

LPC wrote:It was incredibly disappointing. Harvester never showed up, and no one brought any interns, so all the charcoal briquettes went to waste.
While making my way to one of the presentations at the Spring Symposia in Philly I passed the table featuring ABA books for sale. Dan's book was right in front of all of others. I even took a picture on my cell phone but I'm not sure how to post it.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

LPC wrote:Harvester never showed up
Shocking. The very same troll who can't provide a single cite to support his incessant BS was a no-show after blustering about how he would be there, no-tax shirt and all.

Very Hendrickson-like. How embarrassing.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

. wrote:
LPC wrote:Harvester never showed up
Shocking. The very same troll who can't provide a single cite to support his incessant BS was a no-show after blustering about how he would be there, no-tax shirt and all.

Very Hendrickson-like. How embarrassing.
Nothing he says should ever be taken seriously until he explains to the satisfaction of all "why" he said he'd be there but didn't show. And, if he persists in not offering a valid explanation, moderate his posts until he does. Otherwise, stop feeding the troll!

EDIT: And, whatever happened to the wager? Did I miss the payoff?

2nd EDIT: He's no better than the derisive comment, "Liars, thieves and crooks!"
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Big fun last night.

The attendees, you ask?

Nikki, LPC, JColvin, Duke2Earl, Fortinbras, Imalawman, Prof. Siegel, Demo, and a couple of our lurkers.

Did I forget anyone?
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

At least with a bar you don't end up with a body count. When the Three Ring Circus threw our housewarming party, we found eight bodies (of people who did not live there, but were simply unconscious, not dead) the next day.

Hey, for me that's a record. Haven't exceeded it yet.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

fortinbras wrote:A good time. WIth respect, I suggest future such meetings be in a place (1) considerably quieter - my hearing is not what it used to be and I missed about half of what was being said, and (2) more congenial to extended seating - I could suggest a few places in the DC area.
Absomitively :!:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

LPC wrote:It was incredibly disappointing. Harvester never showed up, and no one brought any interns, so all the charcoal briquettes went to waste.
Harvester didn't get anyone to take donations for him to show, unlike Pete going to the TV show. I would love to have seen Stossel take Peter apart,,,something like "SO, you've been convicted 2 times?....You've sold how many books to people are are now tens of thousands of dollars lighter for having read it? You couldn't even muster up a plane ticket to be here, you had to take doantions?" pathetic
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

To get a large crowd you need a speaker like Paul Krugman or Christopher Hitchens. You need a sensational, attention-grabbing title for the event such as, "The rule of law in the age of anarchy, rebellion, and terrorism". You need a world class meeting place, too. A five star hotel, like Cato does. You also need to charge big money. No one ever appreciates an event unless they have to pay, plus it keeps out the riff-raff. A debate would be interesting as a draw for the crowd, too.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Number Six wrote:To get a large crowd you need a speaker like Paul Krugman or Christopher Hitchens. You need a sensational, attention-grabbing title for the event such as, "The rule of law in the age of anarchy, rebellion, and terrorism". You need a world class meeting place, too. A five star hotel, like Cato does. You also need to charge big money. No one ever appreciates an event unless they have to pay, plus it keeps out the riff-raff. A debate would be interesting as a draw for the crowd, too.
What makes you think anyone wants a large crowd?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

This marks the end of my DC trip. It was a rousing success. I saw a woman fall into a manhole (no, really, the cover gave way and she want right in and starting screaming). I saw a gay, black, male prostitute arrested at gun point and thrown to the ground in front of the portrait gallery. I then attended the quatloos gathering and had a blast engaging in nerdy tax conversation. SPECIAL THANKS TO DEMO WHO PICKED UP THE TAB!! I already have it in my schedule for next year.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

Imalawman wrote:This marks the end of my DC trip. It was a rousing success. I saw a woman fall into a manhole (no, really, the cover gave way and she want right in and starting screaming). I saw a gay, black, male prostitute arrested at gun point and thrown to the ground in front of the portrait gallery. I then attended the quatloos gathering and had a blast engaging in nerdy tax conversation. SPECIAL THANKS TO DEMO WHO PICKED UP THE TAB!! I already have it in my schedule for next year.
Did you take any pix of the lady screaming in the manhole?