LostHeads Forum is all but dead

bmielke

Re: LostHorizons Forum is where it's at!

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Harvester wrote:Yea sorry bout that, but we're all in Boston buying coins at the show. Lemme tell ya y'all gotta crazyass city here; my camper barely fits and they's NO PLACE TO PARK!

http://losthorizons.com/phpBB
I'll be at the ANA Convention on Saturday -- I'm on staff at the Boy Scout/Girl Scout seminar. As for the parking issue -- it's too long a story to tell here, but the short answer is that Boston's topographic history has a lot to do with the city's layout (in 1630, Boston looked like an upside-down pear with a few bites taken out of it). For parking, you might want to think of going to a place like Quincy, parking at a T lot, and then taking the Red Line to the Green Line and going to the Hynes from there. If you want to stick with the Green Line, head out to Newton Centre, park your camper in the parking lot just off the Common, and the Newton Centre T stop is a five-minute walk away. The "D" Line will take you right to the Hynes. There is parking at the Chestnut Hill T stop as well.
The problem is that he is driving a camper like a moron. If you have a large vehicle then Boston is a nightmare. I had a large pick up truck in high school and when I went to Boston I always planned where I was going and two ways to get out just in case. If you want to take a camper then park outside of 128 and take your vehicle in. In less you have motor home then rent a car.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: LostHeads Forum is all but dead

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Resident Parking also makes things worse. When I was in evening law school, in the mid-70s, I drove into town, parked near a friend's apartment in the Back Bay, and walked to school. Now, with the parking limitations, I couldn't hope to do that.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Resident Parking also makes things worse. When I was in evening law school, in the mid-70s, I drove into town, parked near a friend's apartment in the Back Bay, and walked to school. Now, with the parking limitations, I couldn't hope to do that.
A good trick to use if you need to park in the city is to park at one of the hospitals and then use the T. But I agree with other posters that if at all possible use Quincy or Braintree
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Is it time to remind people of the time that MIT students redirected enough one-way signs in downtown Boston to create an approximately 5-block-square area with no "legal" exits. It took people a while to notice....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Arthur Rubin wrote:Is it time to remind people of the time that MIT students redirected enough one-way signs in downtown Boston to create an approximately 5-block-square area with no "legal" exits. It took people a while to notice....
One way signs are meerly a suggestion. Unless you're my mother then there is always a cop around.
Harvester

Re: LostHorizons Forum is where it's at!

Post by Harvester »

Hey! Thanks for the help guys, at least to those who've shared. I'm taking the T train today. I believe this shows you're good decent people at heart. There's hope for you! My prayer is you'll wake up to the evil you're caught up in. We've been lied to, deceived, our whole lives. Don't be surprised at your destination when you hitch your wagon to the nation's best 'con-artists.'

http://www.powercrossing.com
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

CaptainKickback wrote:When I visited Boston this summer, I found it incredibly easy to get around on foot or on the T, even going as far as Concord, or down to Quincy. Heck, I was able to get to/from my hotel and from/to Logan via the T. Totally sweet.
Whatever else you want to say about boston it does have an excellent subway system, and that system connects with commuter rail, interstate bus, Amtrack, and Logan.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I read recently that there has been a great improvement in the comfort and portability of folding bicycles. If i were going to travel alot in my van i'd certainly consider getting a bike and treat parking as establishing a base camp.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Thread closed since it has waddled far off the original path ................
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -