LOONS AND THEIR 'TOONS

Brandybuck

Re: LOONS AND THEIR 'TOONS

Post by Brandybuck »

No, "we" have not done this. Some of us have done this, but not all of us. And not even the majority. It's alway a minority in society that insititutes change in society, as it's not in the majority's interest to oppose them on any one issue. It's part of Pubic Choice Theory. When a stupid bureaucratic rule only imposes a ten cent cost on you, you're not going expend more than ten cents of effort to stop it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I've got to locate an old copy of Erich Fromm's book "Escape From Freedom". I think that I'd find it interesting.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Duke2Earl wrote:I don't disagree with LPE's position in most part but I do have a few caveats. First, some of it has nothing to do with the government... such as the credit bureaus and the homeowners associations.
It's actually worse than that. Much of the "big government" that people complain about was created in order to try to protect individuals from the power of big business.

It's all a big morality play in which the right is trying to protect businesses and people from the government and the left is trying to protect people from businesses and from each other. Kind of like God and Satan vying for souls.

And you get to choose which one is God and which one is Satan.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Jurist

Post by The Jurist »

LPC wrote:What always amazes me about these clowns is their fervent belief in, and desire to return to, a past of American freedom and economic prosperity that never existed.

Being perpetually angry at reality is a bad way to live a life.
Now we know who is truly an idiot, and possibly insane.

Could there be more to this? :thinking:
The Jurist

Post by The Jurist »

LPC wrote:It's actually worse than that. Much of the "big government" that people complain about was created in order to try to protect individuals from the power of big business.

It's all a big morality play in which the right is trying to protect businesses and people from the government and the left is trying to protect people from businesses and from each other. Kind of like God and Satan vying for souls.

Give me a break... Mr. Evans, you are totally ignorant, or a total liar.

Who would really buy into that tripe you just handed out?

It is obvious who your god is.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

The Jurist wrote:
LPC wrote:It's actually worse than that. Much of the "big government" that people complain about was created in order to try to protect individuals from the power of big business.

Give me a break... Mr. Evans, you are totally ignorant, or a total liar.

Who would really buy into that tripe you just handed out?

It is obvious who your god is.
More fact-free, ad hominum, insults from the so-called "Jurist." Why don't you attempt to rebut something that Dan said?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Ignore guys, he's just so pathetic he needs any attention he can get, even being the village idiot is a victory for him.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
lorne

Post by lorne »

interesting thread. Did I detect a streak of patriotic Liberty in UGA lawdog and LDE? Hope springs eternal.

And a shout out to Jurist & Geoff, apparently not our typical run-of-the-mill Quatlosers. Welcome patriots!
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

On a related note, there's a recent article in the New York Times on a brown asian stink-bug that has swarmed over the mid-Atlantic states this past year. We've seen a lot of them in SE Pennsylvania, and were never sure what they were, or where they came from.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.