Split from "Harvester of Chaff"

Harvester

Re: Harvester of Chaff, Lost and For-lorn(e).

Post by Harvester »

CaptainKickback wrote: In raw numbers that is a 5.73% annual inflation rate.
Ding. Close enough for a winner. Quoting Section 7 of the Federal Reserve Act:
1. After all necessary expenses of a Federal reserve bank have been paid or provided for, the stockholders of the bank shall be entitled to receive an annual dividend of 6 percent on paid-in capital stock.
I thank you for validating my points. Good to see some of you coming around. And, that you've elevated Pete-the-political-prisoner to the likes of Mandela, King, & the Apostle Paul.

A financial army of one
I remain, your pal,
Harvester
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I suppose a post by Harvester, no matter how irrelevant, fits in this thread.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Harvester wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote: In raw numbers that is a 5.73% annual inflation rate.
Ding. Close enough for a winner. Quoting Section 7 of the Federal Reserve Act:
1. After all necessary expenses of a Federal reserve bank have been paid or provided for, the stockholders of the bank shall be entitled to receive an annual dividend of 6 percent on paid-in capital stock.
I thank you for validating my points. Good to see some of you coming around. And, that you've elevated Pete-the-political-prisoner to the likes of Mandela, King, & the Apostle Paul.

A financial army of one
I remain, your pal,
Harvester
Ding! Harvester proves once again exactly how much he doesn't understand economics and what is related and what is not.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

ASITStands wrote:
Gregg wrote:Mein Kampf was written in prison, too.
So was much of the New Testament, and it may have a bit more of a lasting value.
Yeah, i did mention that above.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

grixit wrote:
ASITStands wrote:
Gregg wrote:Mein Kampf was written in prison, too.
So was much of the New Testament, and it may have a bit more of a lasting value.
Yeah, i did mention that above.
In terms of causing wars and mega-numbers of deaths, which one had the greater impact?

I think Mein Kampf is, at best, in a far distant second place.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

UGA Lawdog wrote:No, no, no. You're thinking of the Koran. Nothing in the New Testament says to kill unbelievers until they all submit.
Crusades, Irish "troubles", etc.

Agreed -- the slaughters weren't mandated, just legitimized
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Nikki wrote:I think Mein Kampf is, at best, in a far distant second place.
Something like 50 million people were killed in World War II. I don't know how many of those were killed as a result of Nazi agression, as opposed to agression in the Pacific, but my guess is well over half of that 50 million were killed in Europe and North Africa.

I don't have the figures on how many people were killed in all the wars between the time of the beginning of the Christian era and, say, 1930, but I doubt that the portion killed "as a result of the New Testament" was anything approaching the number killed as a result of Mein Kampf.

Edited for spelling.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

I thought about starting a similar thread, but someone beat me to it. But to quote Wserra's original post;
The purpose of this post - and this thread - is to collect all of Harvester's nonsense in one spot and summon a virtual Dr. Kevorkian.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Famspear wrote:I don't have the figures on how many people were killed in all the wars between the time of the beginning of the Christian era and, say, 1930, but I doubt that the portion killed "as a result of the New Testament" was anything approaching the number killed as a result of Mein Kampf.
It has been estimated that the Spanish Inquisition killed 68 million!

Source: S. S. Schmucker, D.D. "The Glorious Reformation," pg. 93 "It is calculated by authentic historians, that papal Rome has shed the blood of sixty-eight millions of the human race in order to establish her unfounded claims to religious dominion."

... with apologies to anyone who's offended
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

ASITStands wrote:
Famspear wrote:I don't have the figures on how many people were killed in all the wars between the time of the beginning of the Christian era and, say, 1930, but I doubt that the portion killed "as a result of the New Testament" was anything approaching the number killed as a result of Mein Kampf.
It has been estimated that the Spanish Inquisition killed 68 million!

Source: S. S. Schmucker, D.D. "The Glorious Reformation," pg. 93 "It is calculated by authentic historians, that papal Rome has shed the blood of sixty-eight millions of the human race in order to establish her unfounded claims to religious dominion."....
Yeah, right. Assuming "shed the blood" means "killed" and not merely wounded, I find that claim difficult to believe. According to one source, the entire population of Europe in the year 1000 was less than 50 million. Massimo Livi Bacci, The Population of Europe, p. 6 (graph) (Blackwell Publishers 2000).

According to Wikipedia (I know, I know, not always the most reliable source) the number of deaths would have been at the most in the tens of thousands (not tens of millions) with respect to the Spanish Inquisition.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

Wow. I think we someway, somehow, just managed to derail the Harvester thread.

So, um, what great work (snicker) will Petey be writing while staying in the greybar hotel?