Harvey's Predictions

bmielke

Re: Harvey's Predictions

Post by bmielke »

Brandybuck wrote:Actually, I am giving serious consideration to the possibility that Harvey is indeed a 14 year old troll seeing how far he can take this stupidity.
I am slowly coming around to that bandwagon as well. Too bad we can't find out who his principal is and send him an email.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I discovered I agreed with Gregg about the 14 year old a while back. It does fit, along with his high probability of being a welsher on your bet, Brandy.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

All the more reason to ignore him.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Harv certainly has the intellect of a 14-year old, albeit a dumb one.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

no comment needed....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
lorne

Post by lorne »

it's an interesting timeline. Aside from the R.Moss pick, I don't see where he's wrong ... yet. I will say this, never seen so much negative press on the Federal Reserve before; mainstream news. I think the Greenspan admission piece is this one:
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=171691
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

Gosh, Harv's sock puppet agrees with him! How surprising! Why don't you and all your personalities go hang with DCM under his bridge? You can help him party when his 20 million comes in, and keep each other warm until then. Don't know about Colorado, but there's a severe winter expected here in the Northwest, courtesy of La Nina, so maybe you can help Dave sue the weather next.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Gregg wrote:Image

no comment needed....
WTF? Is that an AR15? Where the hell did a dumbass kid get a gun like that.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

This is an AR-15

I'm reasonably sure that kid is playing some sort of first-person shooter game.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:I'm reasonably sure that kid is playing some sort of first-person shooter game.
While it is definitely not an AR-15, I do not believe that is an FPG controller and it does not look like any FPG controller that I have ever seen. I cannot be certain, but it resembles a Heckler & Koch sniper rifle design though there are some distinct differences.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Not everything that *looks* like a gun is a gun. Sometimes, it's just a plastic toy.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

LPC wrote:Not everything that *looks* like a gun is a gun. Sometimes, it's just a plastic toy.
I'm going with toy for $1,000.00, Alex.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Is there a way to get a zoomable pic of that? If it is a toy, or an airsoft or other type of plastic reproduction, there should be an orange plug in the end of the barrel and Im not seeing one. Even if the tip is removed there should still be orange inside the barrel. All manufacturers are required to put it in to help stop stupid kids and other idiots from being shot by police officers thinking they are dealing with a real weapon.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
LPC

Post by LPC »

JamesVincent wrote:All manufacturers are required to put it [an orange plug] in to help stop stupid kids and other idiots from being shot by police officers thinking they are dealing with a real weapon.
And thus natural selection (and evolution) is again obstructed.
Dan Evans
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

A lot of older toys lack the orange bits. I have four uzi-appearing squirt guns given to us as gifts that we're afraid to run through the park with. But I also have a prop artist pal in Hollywood who tells me there's a market there for them, used in movies. Prop depts. hoard such objects for good reason, and it's likely that a lot of the weaponry in many of the movies we've all seen were actually toys.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Would you want some ham handed actor or extra playing with a $3-400 real gun prop which is far more breakable than the squirt gun ever would be?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The old Intra-tech Uzis? We had them in high school and used a backpack with a 3- liter bottle full of water. That way we always had more water than everyone else.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
LPC

Post by LPC »

Cathulhu wrote:it's likely that a lot of the weaponry in many of the movies we've all seen were actually toys.
Which is a lot safer for the actors. Brandon Lee died during the filming of "The Crow" because one of the guns used by one of the other actors had enough of a charge in the primer to put a bullet in his spine.

In the self-inflicted category, Jon-Eric Hexum killed himself with a "prop" that was a real gun loaded with blanks. He shot himself in the head with a piece of paper.
Dan Evans
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

No foolin', Dan. My pal at Renegade Studios also tells a story about being pulled over on the L.A. freeway with a trunkful of prop weapons that had the cops screaming at him to get on the ground with their weapons drawn. After a closer look, they all went away very quickly.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

JamesVincent wrote:Is there a way to get a zoomable pic of that? If it is a toy, or an airsoft or other type of plastic reproduction, there should be an orange plug in the end of the barrel and Im not seeing one. Even if the tip is removed there should still be orange inside the barrel. All manufacturers are required to put it in to help stop stupid kids and other idiots from being shot by police officers thinking they are dealing with a real weapon.
As I understand it Importers are required o put them on, not manufacturers, if the toy is manufactured here it requires no such safety device.