The Legal Stylings of Skankbeat II

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: The Legal Stylings of Skankbeat II

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Kids. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Famspear wrote:Other stuff from June of 1965.......

What were some of the top forty songs popular around that time (in no particular order)??

Weelllll......

Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

The Four Tops, I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)

The Yardbirds, For Your Love

The Byrds, Mr. Tambourine Man

Donovan, Catch the Wind

The Rolling Stones, Satisfaction

Elvis Presley, Crying in the Chapel

The Beatles, Ticket to Ride

and..... for what it's worth.....

Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs, Wooly Bully

All these were on the Top 40 chart in the late spring of 1965. For me, it was a good time to be young.....
I was in elementary school and not yet very interested in music, but i remember those playing on the radios of cars i rode in then.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:I wasn't quite a teenager yet-- I was 11-- but I certainly remember seeing that album cover in "Harnick's Happy House," a record store on Avenue J in Brooklyn, NY.
I was 13. Alexander's, Fordham Road and the Grand Concourse, Bronx. What I remember about Brooklyn in those days was riding the front car of the D train to Coney Island, and seeing the top of the Cyclone.
I was 13 as well (or would turn 13 in November); and since my parents were Herb Alpert/TJB fans, I spoted this album in the old Lechmere Sales in Dedham, Mass. Suffice it to say that I headed for the rock 'n' roll bins immediately, if not sooner.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
wserra wrote: I was 13. Alexander's, Fordham Road and the Grand Concourse, Bronx. What I remember about Brooklyn in those days was riding the front car of the D train to Coney Island, and seeing the top of the Cyclone.
I was 13 as well (or would turn 13 in November); and since my parents were Herb Alpert/TJB fans, I spoted this album in the old Lechmere Sales in Dedham, Mass. Suffice it to say that I headed for the rock 'n' roll bins immediately, if not sooner.
Let's see, when I was 13...Nirvana was at its height, I was wearing flannel and ripped jeans and had my hair long, but the sides shaved. Ah...the good ol' days.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Famspear wrote:Other stuff from June of 1965.......

What were some of the top forty songs popular around that time (in no particular order)??

Weelllll......

Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

The Four Tops, I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)

The Yardbirds, For Your Love

The Byrds, Mr. Tambourine Man

Donovan, Catch the Wind

The Rolling Stones, Satisfaction

Elvis Presley, Crying in the Chapel

The Beatles, Ticket to Ride

and..... for what it's worth.....

Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs, Wooly Bully

All these were on the Top 40 chart in the late spring of 1965. For me, it was a good time to be young.....
Great records, every one of them.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

When I was thirteen I wasn't in to music, we did go to Disney World that year and Animal Kingdom had just opened (or was very new).

ETA Oh yeah and I broke my ankle in Gym Class and was laid up for eight months, so maybe it was actually the next year we went to disney because I was in a cast from December until July.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Personally, I was in high school and I have tried very hard to repress all memories of those years.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

We're at 90 posts, but we have drifted far from the Legal Stylings of Skankbeat, so may I suggest to the mods that we lock this thread?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I think that part of the reason for the drift is that Skanky-Boy has apparently crawled back under his rock... at least for now.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Dr. Caligari wrote:We're at 90 posts, but we have drifted far from the Legal Stylings of Skankbeat, so may I suggest to the mods that we lock this thread?
Your wish is my command.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman