Anti-Tax Law Evasion Schemes

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Anti-Tax Law Evasion Schemes

Post by LPC »

I've found another IRS web site relevant to this forum:

Anti-Tax Law Evasion Schemes, which is subtitled "An Abusive Scheme Toolkit for External Stakeholders"

As you'll see, it's part of the Small Business/Self-Employed division, and I thought it might have some new information on scams targeting business owners and the self-employed, but it seems to be just a re-hash of the "Truth about Frivolous Tax Arguments" pages, with nothing specifically relevant to business owners.

Am I overlooking something, or being overly critical?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Anti-Tax Law Evasion Schemes

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:Am I overlooking something, or being overly critical?
No, its the unfortunate result of the IRS reorganization under RRA '98 requirements per the Booz-Allen plan. Although it is logical to think that SB/SE should only be dealing with small businesses and the self-employed, the problem is that no one knew quite what to do with the sizeable field collection program. Field Collections has to handle all collection cases once the campuses and the Wage & Investment Automated Collection Sites (ACS) have exhausted their efforts to collect back taxes. This means that every SB/SE, W & I, TE/GE and LB&I case that has become delinquent becomes the responsibility of Field Collections to deal with.

The solution was to lump Field Collections into SB/SE. Since much of the tax denier accounts end up in the field, SB/SE inherited the responsibility for establishing the above site to address the issue and educate the public.

As "." is fond of pointing, close enough for government work.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Re: Anti-Tax Law Evasion Schemes

Post by . »

:lol:
I resemble that remark.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.