Guess Pete's Sentence Thread

How long will Pete spend in the joint this time?

No time -- Judge admits he was wrong, the income tax is unconstitutional, employee doesn't mean a wage earner, and the moon really is made of green cheese
3%
1 day to 1 year -- Leniency based on the strength of Pete's arguments and confusion about whether moon is made of green cheese
No votes
1 year to 3 years
9%
3 years to 6 years
41%
6 years to 9 years
16%
9 years to 12 years
9%
12 years to 15 years
16%
Greater than 15 years
6%

Total votes: 32

Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Guess Pete's Sentence Thread

Post by Joey Smith »

Make yer bets, make yer bets, and tell us why!
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Re: Guess Pete's Sentence Thread

Post by Joey Smith »

I'm guessing 11 years, based on tax loss, similar sentences for other promoters (Meredith, Schiff), and a second-time offender.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I pulled 6 to 9 out of my ass.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

I choose the first one not because I actually think thats what going to happen but rather because I like skewing poll results.

From what i have read here I would guess he will get a few years, I doubt he will get 15+ but I am fairly sure he will get more then 3-5. Of course if he gives up some information then he might get less time. I cannot imagine he would have been dumb enough to post every "victory" on his website. He should have saved a few just in case, so he had something to give the feds. (That is if their ever were any undetected "Victories")
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

He deserves 15+ for the damage he's done to other people. Hopefully the report will include those factors for consideration.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

webhick wrote:I pulled 6 to 9 out of my ass.
6 to 9 what? :P
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I voted 3-6 years. I believe I read that his guidelines were 24 months; I think the judge will go higher because he not only cheated on his own taxes, he led a movement, causing others to do the same. But I doubt the judge will go that so much over the guidelines as to exceed 6 years.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Based on the sentencing guidelines (my limited knowledge of them), I don't see more than 3 years. As I type this, I suppose he might get more, but with concurrent sentences, the actual jail time sentence will not exceed three years.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

I selected 12 to 15 years but only because he deserves to serve his sentences consecutively. He will probably be sentenced for about 27 months running concurrently.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Nah....I suspect it's probably 3-6 unless he does something between now and sentencing to really tee off the judge.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Hendrickson will be sentenced to only a week in jail -- but they'll put him in a cell all together with Oscar Stilley, Lindsey Springer, Kent Hovind, Edward Lewis: Family Krankenmeister Brown and old uncle Irwin Schiff -- causing the cell to overheat, resulting in a massive thermonuclear explosion after only four days with all these blowhards in such close, mutually assured destructive proximity.

Seriously, I don't know much about the sentencing guidelines, and you can call me sentimental, but my gut tells me Hendrickson ought to be required to serve at least as much time as Schiff (say, about 13 years).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I’m betting on 12-15 based pm the fact that he is a two time loser, and the first one was a crime of violence, and that this time around he has been actively promoting an ongoing fraud, and the amount of time and expense he has caused. The fact that he has not only shown no repentance or acceptance of his error should compound it for all concerned. That and I think he really should go away for a long time, and I think the sentencing guidelines will allow for it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

While apparently there were no courtroom disruptions a la Schiff, I'll guess that his idiotic pre-trial filings will add something to what the sentence would have otherwise been as the judge will have noticed that he's dealing with a hard-core narcissist and knows that his lawyers didn't concoct the legal trash that wound up being filed.

As a criminal recidivist (and ongoing violator of recent civil court orders,) he deserves life without parole for the sheer amount of financial and other major harm he's done to many, including his own family.

Consecutively, 10 counts of 26 USC 7206(1) at 3 years a pop is 30 years. Any judge would certainly be within his rights to go the consecutive route (see Kotmair's kid) as each violation was a separate act for a distinct year and tax return. 3 years per wouldn't even be a stretch considering the offender's knowledge and history.

Unfortunately, he'll probably get 5 years or less.

I hope the judge proves me wrong and departs in major upward fashion from the emasculated semi-guideline guidelines. Am I wrong that Booker seems to make upward departures less susceptible to challenge on appeal?
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

A big factor is whether he finally complies with the previous civil judgment and files correct (i.e., non-CtC) returns. If he does, then I expect the judge to go with the minimum within the sentencing guidelines (despite his prior conviction and Pied Piper role with the lost boys--if I can mix my allusions/metaphors), which I seem to recall reading somewhere would be less than three years.

But if he persists with his craziness, he's looking at an upward departure that will put him in the 4-5 years category.

I'm betting on crazy.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

His on-going CtC Victories bulletin board is probably sufficient reason for upwards departure.

It's also possible, although not totally apposite to his case at hand, that one of the sentencing conditions could relate to shutting down LoserHeads and / or posting the "My bad" notification on the first page.

It depends on how aggressive the US Attorneys are and (probably) what the Judge had for breakfast.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

1 to 3 came out of my ass. Apparently I am more of a tight ass than Webhick. :lol:

I guess I am a bit of a softy. I always felt should God watch over drunks, fools and children. Pete is no doubt one of those.

Captain Kickback will no doubt post his "break him, break him hard comment", and he is probably right. :|
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote: I guess I am a bit of a softy. I always felt should God watch over drunks, fools and children. Pete is no doubt one of those.
I think he's a foolish child, or maybe a childish fool, I doubt he's a drunk.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote: I guess I am a bit of a softy. I always felt should God watch over drunks, fools and children. Pete is no doubt one of those.
And God can watch him while he sits in his well-deserved prison cell.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

On consent, the Court has adjourned Hendrickson's sentence and set a couple of interim dates, as follows: objections to the PSR are due February 10, any additional briefing (Hendrickson requested the opportunity) on the post-trial motion is due February 26, govt response March 12, and the sentence itself is adjourned to April 15.

The sentence date can't be a coincidence.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

wserra wrote:On consent, the Court has adjourned Hendrickson's sentence and set a couple of interim dates, as follows: objections to the PSR are due February 10, any additional briefing (Hendrickson requested the opportunity) on the post-trial motion is due February 26, govt response March 12, and the sentence itself is adjourned to April 15.

The sentence date can't be a coincidence.
Anything on Pacer yet?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown