Springer's latest nonsense

Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Springer's latest nonsense

Post by Dezcad »

Springer has filed a handwritten Motion for Writ of Error Coram Nobis and a Memorandum in support.

Basically, Lindsey is now arguing that he was too dumb and incompetent to represent himself in his criminal trial. His waiver of counsel was not knowing and intelligent and he only recently discovered the Sixth Amendment. Therefore, he should be granted a new trial (although in places he refers to a "trail").

So, we need not discuss (like another thread about PH) whether Springer is "highly intelligent" since Springer clearly is not.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Springer's latest nonsense

Post by wserra »

Dezcad wrote:Basically, Lindsey is now arguing that he was too dumb and incompetent to represent himself in his criminal trial. His waiver of counsel was not knowing and intelligent and he only recently discovered the Sixth Amendment.
The minute sheet from a conference on March 30, 2009:
Case called for hearing with counsel for the Government and the Defendants present; the Court advised both Defendants of their right to counsel. Court advised Defendants that they could hire counsel or, if they were financially unable to obtain counsel, the Court would appoint counsel for them, but that they would have to provide sufficient information under oath for Court to make reasonable inquiry as to their financial ability to hire counsel. Court also advised Defendants of their constitutional right to appear pro se. Defendants indicated their desire to represent themselves. The Court then conducted an extensive inquiry of each Defendant to determine their knowledge of the law and legal procedure, the voluntariness of their waiver of counsel, their understanding of the penalties they are facing. The Court strongly urged Defendants not to represent themselves. Thereafter, Mr. Springer and Mr. Stilley were individually advised of their right to be represented by counsel and waived counsel at this time; the Court finds the waivers were made knowingly and voluntarily; stand-by counsel will be appointed for each defendant (separate order to be entered).
Irene goodnight, Irene goodnight.
Goodnight Irene, goodnight Irene.
I'll see you in my dreams.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Also, the minor (but curable) defect of failure to serve the appropriate representatives of the United States' Department of Justice.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Does he think his sentence hasn't started or that he's already served it? And if memory serves, the principle applies only to fact issues, not matters of law. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Dezcad wrote:Springer has filed a handwritten Motion for Writ of Error Coram Nobis and a Memorandum in support.

Basically, Lindsey is now arguing that he was too dumb and incompetent to represent himself in his criminal trial.
The memorandum is really rather bathetic.

Like many tax deniers, Springer was always arrogantly confident that he knew best, and everyone else was either ignorant or corrupt.

Now that he's been convicted and is in prison, he's admitting that he really didn't know anything.

Too late.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

LPC wrote:.......Now that he's been convicted and is in prison, he's admitting that he really didn't know anything.

Too late.
Sung to the tune of It's Too Late
by Carole King & Toni Stern.......

You stayed in bed all morning just to pass the time.
There's something wrong here,
There can be no denyin'.
There you sit in prison
Be-cause you could nev-er stop ly-in'!!

And it's too late Lindsey, now it's too late.
With your tax returns, you tried to make it.
Now all your pride
has died,
and you can't hide --
And you just cannot fake it!

You had less sense that God would give a stupid mule;
You were really sleezy,
'Though you claimed you knew the rules.
Now you look so unhappy
"Cause you know you're such a fool...

And it's too late Lindsey, now it's too late.
Now all your pride
has died,
and you can't hide --

There'll be no good times no mo' -- you're really screwed.
You and Oscar ain't together,
Yes, you're really blue.
Are you sad for what you had,
And how your life is now through?

Yes, it's too late Lindsey, now it's too late.
Now all your pride
has died,
and you can't hide --
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Lindsey clearly has too much time on his hand and has filed a Second Memorandum in Support of his Motion, in two parts, Part 1 and Part 2.

It really is pathetic.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Just out of idle curiosity, is Springer entitled to a public defender for his appeal?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Gregg wrote:Just out of idle curiosity, is Springer entitled to a public defender for his appeal?
Springer has an appellate attorney in the criminal appeal - http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/jerold-barringer

Jerold W. Barringer
Direct: 217-563-2646
Email: jwbarringer@dtnspeed.net
P.O. Box 213
200 West Front
Nokomis, IL 62075-0000
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

1 - Barringer seems to be proceeding hell-bent towaards disbarment.
USCA 7th Curcuit -- Patridge V. Commissioner
"... has performed below the standard of a pro se litigant

USTC -- Powell V Commissioner
"... as a result of Barringer's unreasonable and vexatious conduct ... $4,725 [is awarded to the United States against Barringer]"

Barringer appears to be marginally functional as an attorney and one of the last great hopes for those battling the corrupt court system. Unfortunately, Barringer has less on the ball than does Becraft

2 - Assuming Springer is represented, why are his pleadings all scrawled on the back of used toilet paper?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Nikki wrote:2 - Assuming Springer is represented, why are his pleadings all scrawled on the back of used toilet paper?
Because the unused toilet paper is reserved for more important uses.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

It that the same Barringer that is also representing Dr. Dino in his Tax Court case?

Springer and Dr. Dino, I hear, have a connection as well.

Sincerely,
Maury enthusiast!
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

As of today, Thursday, July 22, 2010, the Federal Bureau of Prisons web site shows Lindsey Springer as being "in transit". I'll bet he's all excited about being moved to a new home in the federal prison system. I bet his new room will have matching shower curtains, toothbrush holder and soap dispenser. I hope the decor is not one that clashes with his wardrobe.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

In transit. According to Ed: family incarcerated unto death, that's when they gas you. Or freeze you. Or both. Or something like that.

Your toothbrush and toothpaste both contain secret listening and monitoring devices. The orange jump-suits are handed out by Illuminati stooges who want to suck the life out of your UCC corporate STRAW-MAN every time you go to court. Prison is a never ending conspiracy within an enigma emanating from a penumbra.

Then you have to deal with Bubba. Or MS-13 or whoever happens to run your facility.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons web site, Lindsey Springer is now located at the Big Spring Federal Correctional Institution at Big Spring, Texas.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Springer's latest loss at the 10th Circuit.
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE TENTH CIRCUIT
In re:
LINDSEY K. SPRINGER,
Petitioner.
No. 10-5101
(D.C. No. 4:09-CR-00043-SPF)
(N.D. Okla.)
ORDER
Before HARTZ, TYMKOVICH, and GORSUCH, Circuit Judges.

This matter is before the court on petitioner Lindsey K. Springer’s Amended Petition For Writ of Mandamus, Or Alternatively Petition For Writ of Error Coram Nobis. Mr. Springer asks us to order the district court to grant his motion for a writ of error coram nobis and vacate his convictions and sentences for tax evasion and conspiracy to defraud the United States. Among its many defects, Springer’s mandamus petition must fail because he cannot show that his right to the writ is “clear and indisputable.” In re Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., 568 F.3d 1180, 1187 (10th Cir. 2009) (internal quotation marks omitted). It is well established that “a prisoner may not challenge a sentence or conviction for which he is currently in custody through a writ of coram nobis.” United States v. Torres, 282 F.3d 1241, 1245 (10th Cir. 2002). Mr. Springer’s current incarceration therefore bars coram nobis relief.

To the extent Mr. Springer’s petition seeks release on bond pending appeal, this court denied such relief in an order dated June 1, 2010, as to which Mr. Springer filed a motion for reconsideration, which was also denied. We decline to reconsider that request here.

The petition is DENIED.
Entered for the Court,
ELISABETH A. SHUMAKER, Clerk
LPC

Post by LPC »

I got curious as to whether Springer might have gotten so caught up in his petitions for writs that he overlooked filing an actual appeal, but he did file an appeal of his conviction, and the appeal is still pending, with his appellate brief due in December.

While checking the dockets, I found that Springer has also filed an appeal from his latest Tax Court loss. Springer had filed a petition in Tax Court on 2/18/2009, apparently challenging a notice of federal tax lien that was filed on 4/28/1999 for his 1990 through 1996 tax liabilities. That petition was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction on 2/16/2010, the court finding that the petition was "several years untimely." //Lindsey K. Springer v. Commissioner//, No. 3781-09L (U.S.T.C. 2/16/2009), appeal pending, No. 10-9001 (10th Cir.). The brief was signed by Jerold Barringer, and Springer seems to be claiming that notices of intent to file tax liens were not sent to his "last known address," an issue that the Tax Court didn't consider relevant because Springer had previously challenged the notices of federal tax lien and his petition to the Tax Court had been dismissed without his ever raising the issue of lack of notice. (Barringer also wants to argue about the effect of the abolition of Internal Revenue Districts.)

And Springer has another appeal still pending, regarding the order entering a judgment against him and ordering the sale of his home. United States v. Lindsey K. Springer, No. 10-5037 (10th Cir.).
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Paths of the Sea

Post by Paths of the Sea »

It might be remember by some that Dr. Dino (aka Kent Hovind) is using the same representative, Jerold Barringer.

Recently (date October 21, 2010), Dr. Dino posted the following comment to his blog at http://www.kenthovindblog.com (in a letter to Sharon):

> More Writs going in soon to the
> Supreme Court.
>
> One will work.
>
>> Kent Hovind

I suspect none will work, but that's just me.

I'm curious as to how similar those promised writs from Dr. Dino (who is also trying to fight his criminal convictions and wants out of federal prison) might be to those filed in Springer's case.

Time will tell...if they actually get filed.

Sincerely,
Maury enthusiast!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

They can use Kneemail to coordinate their strategies.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LPC

Post by LPC »

Paths of the Sea wrote:
Kent Hovind wrote:More Writs going in soon to the Supreme Court.

One will work.
I suspect none will work, but that's just me.
No, because it's me too.

Getting a conviction overturned on appeal is difficult. Getting habeas corpus relief from a district court is almost impossible. Getting a "writ" directly from the Supreme Court is about as likely as being hit by a meteor. The odds of winning a multi-million dollar prize in a lottery are much better.
Dan Evans