Tax Court finding: person is employee earning taxable wages

rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Tax Court finding: person is employee earning taxable wages

Post by rogfulton »

Tax Court Memorandum Opinion posted today regarding California resident Gregory Q. Teeters and his attempt to claim he is not an employee as defined blah, blah, blah and did not earn wages as defined blah, blah, blah. He apparently did not understand the importance of conceding that he is subject to additions to tax under 6651(a)(2) and 6654 as the TC said that he was, in fact, stipulating the additions. I was going to suggest he didn't understand what concede meant but while conceding the penalties, he said he
“did not concede that he had unreported income * * * in 2002, 2003, and 2005”.
Bottom line, Tax Court told him he was also subject to the fraud related additions under Sec. 6651(f) because of his stipulations. The Commissioner had a very easy time proving fraud due to the assistance Teeters gave him.

http://www.ustaxcourt.gov/InOpTodays/TE ... CM.WPD.pdf

EDIT: I should have said Gregory Q. Teeters, pro se. As if that needed saying.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Tax Court finding: person is employee earning taxable wa

Post by Dr. Caligari »

This sounds like a "CTC-educated" return.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Dr. Caligari wrote:This sounds like a "CTC-educated" return.
You know, I was just thinking "I wish they'd stop calling it CTC-educated" because there's simply no flair. And then I thought that it should maybe be "Touched by CTC" (like "Touched by an Angel") but it didn't sound right. Then I remembered that my uncle used to call the show "Slapped by an Angel," so I thought that "Slapped by a Peter" would fit the bill nicely. I liked it, but something about that didn't seem right until it hit me and juice came out my nose.

Is it possible to issue a keyboard warning to yourself? Just wondering.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

webhick wrote:
You know, I was just thinking "I wish they'd stop calling it CTC-educated" because there's simply no flair. And then I thought that it should maybe be "Touched by CTC" (like "Touched by an Angel") but it didn't sound right. Then I remembered that my uncle used to call the show "Slapped by an Angel," so I thought that "Slapped by a Peter" would fit the bill nicely. I liked it, but something about that didn't seem right until it hit me and juice came out my nose.

Is it possible to issue a keyboard warning to yourself? Just wondering.
"CTC-affected" ?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

It does have all the earmarks, such as the Form 4852 and the claims about being a "private sector worker."

I Googled the Lost Horizon web site but there's no mention of his name because he never got a "victory" from the IRS (and I guess there never will be any mention of him as long as Hendrickson et ux. maintain a policy of willful blindness).
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

webhick wrote:And then I thought that it should maybe be "Touched by CTC" (like "Touched by an Angel") but it didn't sound right.
I'm imagining a prosecutor asking "show me on this doll exactly where Peter touched you".
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

webhick wrote:"Slapped by a Peter" would fit the bill nicely. I liked it, but something about that didn't seem right until it hit me and juice came out my nose.
Doreen will be jealous, you're getting more (and demonstrably better) action out of CtC than she is.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

CaptainKickback wrote:"CtC afflicted" might be appropriate.
Seconded. See also infected, infested, contaminated, corrupted, and tainted.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

"CTC Contaminated"
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.