Stilley Disbarred

Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Stilley Disbarred

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Stilley Disbarred

Post by webhick »

It's about time.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

The wheels of justice grind slowly, but exceedingly fine.

No, wait, no fineness was needed in this case. Just wheels. The wheels ground way too slowly.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And couldn't have come to a more deserving recipient.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The Arkansas Supreme Court opinion can be cited as 2010 Ark. 418.

And, judging by the reasoning of the court, Stilley may have an action against himself for malpractice. Some brief quotes will illustrate some of the problems with Stilley's arguments:
Arkansas Supreme Court wrote:This argument reflects a fundamental misunderstanding on Stilley’s part about the nature of evidence.

Finally, while Stilley may disagree about whether the exhibits admitted by Ligon
constitute sufficient evidence to support the special judge’s specific findings, he has not
engaged in any meaningful analysis on this issue. In other disbarment cases, we have refused
to engage in a comprehensive review of the findings of fact where the respondent failed to
specifically challenge or contest them.

However, Stilley does not raise this as an argument on appeal, and we will not address issues that are not argued.

We will not second guess the special judge with respect to his findings on the merits of these arguments because Stilley has made no argument as to why the judge was in error. It is well settled that we will not address arguments that are insufficiently developed and lack citation to authority.

We decline to address Stilley’s argument on this point because he has not presented any evidence that he was prejudiced by the Committee’s treatment of the Marschewski and Tabor Complaints.
Get the picture? Stilley's arguments were full of conclusions but real short on actual facts and authorities.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Reading the opinion, I got this vision of Oscar Stilley standing in front of a Common Law Court, established in some rundown warehouse, and pretending that he was still an attorney and able to practice in front of a "constitutionally legitimate court" (or something equally absurd). I also got a vision of Stilley standing before a real court, charged with the unauthorized practice of law, trying to relitigate the same old issues yet again and being unable to understand why the courts won't listen to him.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Dan, I think Stilley’s arguments were more in the line of missing ANY actual facts or authorities, and his conclusions were more in the realm of wishful thinking.

Everything of his that I have read so far reads like bad Soverunidiot gibberish mixed up with some harkening back to what might have been an early 19th century attempt at law practice. I keep wondering what correspondence school he got his degree from, since I can’t believe that any one actually trained as a lawyer in this day and age would produce the utter nonsense that he has generated and continues to generate. I still do not understand his continued attempts at using forms and styles in documents, that have been out of date for decades at the very least, and then using them incorrectly in the bargain. It is kind of like he slept most of the way through law school and then bought a cheap, read very outdated, forms book to make up for it, and look where it got him.

I will admit, I can picture Stilley trying to practice law before a Common Law court in an outhouse, but that is about as far as my imagination will take me.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

notorial dissent wrote:I can’t believe that any one actually trained as a lawyer in this day and age would produce the utter nonsense that he has generated and continues to generate.
Orly Taitz?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

wserra wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:I can’t believe that any one actually trained as a lawyer in this day and age would produce the utter nonsense that he has generated and continues to generate.
Orly Taitz?

Al Hodges?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

wserra wrote:
Orly Taitz?
If I am not mistaken, I do believe that Orly Taitz actually did get her law degree from a correspondence/distance-learning school. Currently, and to the best of my knowledge, California is the only state that accepts correspondence/distance-learning law degrees as eligible to take the bar exam.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
LPC

Post by LPC »

notorial dissent wrote:Dan, I think Stilley’s arguments were more in the line of missing ANY actual facts or authorities, and his conclusions were more in the realm of wishful thinking.
If the Supreme Court opinion is an accurate reflection of Stilley's brief, then he was simply replaying two favorite tax denier songs:

1. There was no evidence against me; and

2. The judge never really considered or addressed my arguments.

So, for example, Hendrickson keeps insisting that there was no evidence that he had received "wages," despite the testimony of officers of his employer that he did indeed work for them, and was paid what was on the W-2s, while also claiming that no court has ever really addressed his arguments in CtC, while numerous courts have explicitly considered (and rejected) his claims.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

LPC wrote: If the Supreme Court opinion is an accurate reflection of Stilley's brief, then he was simply replaying two favorite tax denier songs:

So, for example, Hendrickson keeps insisting that there was no evidence that he had received "wages," despite the testimony of officers of his employer that he did indeed work for them, and was paid what was on the W-2s, while also claiming that no court has ever really addressed his arguments in CtC, while numerous courts have explicitly considered (and rejected) his claims.
The brief is posted here. The first 90+ pages are just introductory and contain 70+ pages of "ABSTRACT OF TESTIMONY AND PROCEEDINGS".

You are right about his argument being similar to Petey's - see below.
Therefore it is plain to see that Mr. Ligon’s failure to cite and rely upon any evidence whatsoever in support of the first 26 counts is fatal to his case. These 26 counts are the substantive accusations that this Court required both parties to brief.
p.104

If you really have a desire to waste your time, you could read the 720+ page Addendum that Stilley filed. I haven't.
LPC

Post by LPC »

LPC wrote:If the Supreme Court opinion is an accurate reflection of Stilley's brief, then he was simply replaying two favorite tax denier songs:

From Stilley's brief:
Oscar Stilley wrote:POINTS ON APPEAL

I. The Special Judge erred in recommending disbarment despite the complete and total absence of evidence in support of Petitioner's claims.

II. The Special Judge erred in refusing to meaningfully adjudicate legal arguments presented by Respondent.

III. The Special Judge erred in refusing to require the accuser of Respondent to appear and sit for depositions.
Did I call it?

The third "point on appeal" sums up the whole story. Stilley is being disbarred for (among other things) suing and harassing judges who ruled against him. So, in his disbarment proceedings, he wants to depose (and harass) one of the judges who ruled against him and then filed a disciplinary complaint against him.
Dan Evans
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Stilley has now filed a RENEWED MOTION FOR ACCESS TO THE COURTS, RENEWED MOTION FOR RECUSAL, WITH RESPECT TO PETITION FOR REHEARING, AND FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE PETITION FOR REHEARING with the Arkansas Supreme Court.

One of the requests he has is:
WHEREFORE, Stilley prays that the Court order Eric Holder, US Attorney General; Harley Lappin, Director of the DOJ-BOP; and Warden Timothy Outlaw to grant Stilley access to the courts, by permitting him the right to access his computers, computer files, computer programs, printers and peripheral devices, internet service, internet legal research services whether free or available pursuant to contract with Stilley or a benefactor, and all hard copy files directly or indirectly relevant to this cause, securely and without substantial interference; that such access and rights be accorded to DOJ-BOP inmates as a matter of policy;
wserra

Post by wserra »

Montrachet is nice, too.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

10) Stilley requests that all members of this Court recuse from the consideration of this
cause, with special justices to be appointed by the governor.
"I demand recusals until somebody rules in my favor! Waaauuuggghhh! Waaauuuggghhh!"
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
notorial dissent

So, in other words, until he gets an acquittal, which means he's right, he's going to keep on complaining about how abused he is. Since I don't think the court will recuse itself and i sure don't think he is ever going to be acquitted, this could take a while, or until they order him to start filing through a real lawyer.