Schiffites Go Down Schitter

Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Schiffites Go Down Schitter

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Re: Schiffites Go Down Schitter

Post by Cathulhu »

I started a thread on these same folks, but it evolved into an art discussion. With exception of James, we all seem to think dreamsicles would be excellent targets on the rifle range. The embodiment of sappy! And in James' defense, he was being nice to his mother.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Yes, it appears that Scott D. Haynes is a two-time loser:

United States v. Haynes, case no. 2:98-cr-00082-WFN-1, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington (Spokane Div). Charge: one count of tax evasion under Internal Revenue Code section 7201. Waiver of indictment, April 20, 1998. Guilty plea accepted, same date. Sentenced to 21 months; Supervised Release 1 yr; Fine waived; Restitution $1,268,365.00, etc.

United States v. Haynes, case no. 2:10-cr-00034-JLQ-2, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington (Spokane Div). Indictment on March 24, 2010: four counts of failure to file or failure to pay under Internal Revenue Code section 7203. In this case, Kristin Haynes was also indicted.

The court record does indeed indicate that The Haynes Gang was/were followers of Irwin Schiff.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

This is oxymoronic:
However, rather than stick around their Washington state farmhouse and pay tax on that income, in 2004, Haynes and her husband/business partner Scott Haynes, both now 56, moved to the tropical island of Roatan, off the coast of Honduras (a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the United States).

[...]

On June 22, the pair flew from Honduras to Fort Lauderdale and were nabbed by federal agents as they went through customs at the airport.
They were smart enough to move to a tropical island without an extradition treaty, and dumb enough not to stay there.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I think the big problem with running off to live on a tropical island or in a third world country is that you really start missing high tech medical care as you get old. Or wondering about family and business concerns that are still here.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

CaptainKickback wrote:
Cathulhu wrote:I think the big problem with running off to live on a tropical island or in a third world country is that you really start missing high tech medical care as you get old. Or wondering about family and business concerns that are still here.
Or a good pastrami on rye,
I had the same problem as an undergrad in California.

Coming from a suburb of New York City to the left coast was quite a culture shock. I had no problem finding burgers, pizza, or tacos, but where was the pastrami on rye?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:I had the same problem as an undergrad in California.

Coming from a suburb of New York City to the left coast was quite a culture shock. I had no problem finding burgers, pizza, or tacos, but where was the pastrami on rye?
If you had been paying attention instead of going on panty raids and smoking clove cigarettes, you would have learned about Cantor's Deli in L.A. - a classic since 1931.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC went to Stanford.

[Go bears.]
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demosthenes wrote:LPC went to Stanford.

[Go bears.]
Cantor's would have been worth the 8 hour drive for the pastrami on rye.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

San Francisco is true mecca for foodies but I had better deli sandwiches (and better tacos) in So Cal than in No Cal.
Demo.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

S&S Deli, Cambridge, the only redeeming factor I ever found in Boston.

England is devoid of food, the place I ate breakfast was so proud to have gotten me some Country Ham from Kentucky while I was there, and then they boiled it (an offense punishable by death in Argillite)

Ingolstadt, oh, Ingolstadt. I stayed in a rooming house that had a Culinary School on the second floor, I love Germany all over just for the danish!

Xavier had a good Arbys nearby, not even a decent pizza. I was not previously aware you could educate people without pizza.

Ann Arbor is tricky, you have to go to out E Michigan by Willow Run Airport, Gabriels Hoagies...yumm

And in Gettysburg, Tommy's Pizza is the thang!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I love Germany all over just for the danish! Xavier had a good Arbys nearby
[keyboard warning] When my brother was in college, he met a nice German kid who loved the french fries at Arby's, which prompted a friend to comment that what Jurgen liked best about America was that Arby's macht fries.

I'll go to my room now. :Axe:
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Speaking of Schiffites: Cynthia Neun was released from prison this week (Dec. 28, 2010).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet