Great news for TPs - Joe Bannister was acquitted

Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Great news for TPs - Joe Bannister was acquitted

Post by Quixote »

The folks at Lost Horizons haven't had much good news lately, so a recent post shouldpick up their spirits. According to an unatrributed (I know I'm shocked) cut and paste posted by LostHead conniekay, Joe Bannister was acquitted by a federal jury on 12/10/2010.

In other news, General Washington beat the Hessians in a brlliant Christmas Eve attack.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Great news for TPs - Joe Bannister was acquitted

Post by wserra »

According to the LH poster, the source for this "news" is Conspiracy Planet. Some other "news" from that august source:

(1) "The income tax is a Zionist extortion racket. It is the duty of every American to resist Zionist Power by non-compliance with this anti-American stealing of our wealth by the most treacherous and merciless aliens in history, the Zionists."

Da Joos! I knew it!

(2) "Is the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) an organization within the U.S. Department of the Treasury?

Answer: No. The IRS is not an organization within the United States Department of the Treasury."

Damn. Never heard that one before.

(3) "Calling the federal agents surrounding his fortified compound "guns for hire," a New Hampshire man convicted of tax evasion vowed today that he and his wife would fight U.S. marshals to the death if they tried to capture them."

How'd that one turn out?

(4) "The IRS has filed formal criminal charges against Sherry Jackson."

Gotta get up early in the morning to scoop these guys.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Well, give the LoserHead for at least being in the right solar system, if not exactly on the right planet.

Banister was, in fact, acquitted on June 23, 2005, of conspiring to defraud the IRS and of helping Cencal Aviation Products proprietor Walter A. "Al" Thompson file false returns for tax years 1996-1998. (Although Thompson was found guilty of filing false returns and failure to withhold and pay employment taxes in January 2005 and was sentenced to six years in prison.)

Banister, however, was barred from practicing before the IRS, had his CPA certification revoked, lost a tax court case, and almost completely dropped out of sight after he stopped being -- literally -- a poster boy for Bob and WTP.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

During the holidays in December, the Banister story popped up again, and has been copied and pasted by one clueless tax protester after another, after one of them mistakenly posted it as a "new" story -- even going so far as to adding in a fictitious December 2010 date on the story. It was a copy and paste of something posted by one of the wackadoosters back in 2005, when the Banister case actually occurred.

Now I'm afraid I'll start seeing the same thing with the Sherry Jackson thing and the other stuff.

It's entirely consistent with the cluelessness of these tax protester/tax denier dimwits that they can't even keep straight which tax protester stories are new and which are old.

Most of these people make almost no effort to check anything. These delusional people are robotic, mindless, copy-and-paste fanatics.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Famspear wrote: It's entirely consistent with the cluelessness of these tax protester/tax denier dimwits that they can't even keep straight which tax protester stories are new and which are old.
Up next; Dewey defeats Truman.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Thule wrote:
Famspear wrote: It's entirely consistent with the cluelessness of these tax protester/tax denier dimwits that they can't even keep straight which tax protester stories are new and which are old.

Lee surrenders to Grant!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Gregg wrote:
Thule wrote:

Lee surrenders to Grant!
A fairy pees on my birthday cake!
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

I'm waiting for someone to break the exciting news of Lloyd Long's victory.

(That was 1993, for those of you too young to remember.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

webhick wrote:
A fairy pees on my birthday cake!
Well you should quit having your birthday party in gay bars. :mouthshut:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.