LostHead Justinprime Throwing In Towel

Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

LostHead Justinprime Throwing In Towel

Post by Joey Smith »

I think I know who of this couple has the brains .....

justinprime
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:24 pm Post subject: Update - My "position" is "frivolous"

Got tired of waiting, so I called the IRS and after a couple transfers, I landed in the auditing dept. They informed me my 'position' is 'frivolous'. I don't know what "position" that is. The IRS employee encouraged me to commit perjury and alter my submission. Either that or be fined $10,000 (joint return).

I talked with my wife and she is not willing to fight this, unfortunately. I hate to say it, but I'll be perjuring myself and giving them what they want. While I am frustrated, enraged, ready to fight this, sad and then some... "we" decided it's not worth what may come, like marital and financial strain. Well, she decided that and I am not going to be picking a fight with my wife and the IRS at the same time.

I can't bear knowing what I know and not being able to follow through with it. It's an awful feeling. In no way do I think that we we're doing here in the forum is wrong, or what Pete has shared with us is wrong. This is simply the IRS abusing its discretion and trying to stifle an educated return.

So keep an eye out for me among the herd. Or under the IRS' heel.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: LostHead Justinprime Throwing In Towel

Post by The Observer »

Well, justinprime deserves a little credit in at least valuing his relationship with his wife enough to not take her down the tubes with him. Unlike what Ed Brown did to Elaine Brown, what Irwin Schiff did to his girlfriend, what Pete Hendrickson is doing to his wife...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Sounds more like the law got laid down by the wife.

If she ever figures out that this is probably not going to be the last time this blithering idiot will try to go down some rabbit hole to financial oblivion, well, she'll probably wind up thanking Pete for opening her eyes as she files for divorce. Maybe he can use it as a testimonial.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Pete: "Go ahead and do it, the teacher can't stop you."

Teacher: "Half hour timeout!"

Losthead: "No fair, Petey said I could!"
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Well thank goodness at least one wife had the courage and brains to say no thank you to the BS that is the tax cheater.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

Joey Smith wrote:I think I know who of this couple has the brains .....

justinprime
I landed in the auditing dept. They informed me my 'position' is 'frivolous'. I don't know what "position" that is.
Damn. If he just thought to ask, he could have cleared this thing up once and for all. :wink:
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

The "frivolous position" is one that carries a unique and peculiar connotation legally, technically, emotionally, financially, and -- depending on the proclivities of one's cellmate -- sexually.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Brandybuck wrote:Pete: "Go ahead and do it, the teacher can't stop you."

Teacher: "Half hour timeout!"

Losthead: "No fair, Petey said I could!"
I am old enough that when I was a kid, it was legal, ethical and the expected norm that teachers could employ corporal punishment (for those of you to young to know, that went from a nun with a steel ruler up to the gym teacher with the paddle with holes in it that invariably had some cute name, who prided himself as the premiere disher of pain in the High School)

A lot of those gym/shop teacher types with named implements were real assholes, too, but I don't think we ever even heard of ADD or hyperactive or whatever, they had a cure for it when I was a kid.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Think back to The Sonny and Cher Show

Sonny: "I don't get it."

Cher: "Right, and you won't tonight either."

Despite JustinADeepPileOf S***'s claims, his conversation with his wife probably went something like: Wife "Cut it out or I cut you off and maybe then cut it and them off." Husband "<crickets>"
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

In response to a comment from another poster at losthorizons, justinprime writes:
Honestly, I resent that. To me, part of being "the man" is being a good husband and not coercing my wife into doing something she's not voluntarily willing to do. She took a chance on this and we tried filing honestly. I expected her to get scared off. While it's disappointing, I'm happy she was willing to go that far. So there is no "I'm the man of the house" card to play here. We're a team and we do things together or not at all.

I thought of filing separately, but whether her name is attached to it or not, the anxiety, fear and stress of it is the concern. It'll be the same, just without her directly involved. I've read about at least 2 people that have gotten divorces and attribute it to, sadly, an educated return. Whether her name is on it or not, I see it having a direct negative impact on our marriage. That's the point. Like I said, we do things together or not at all. If one of us is going to fight the IRS, then we both are, by proxy or not. While I am willing to fight, I am not willing to drag her along for the ride against her wishes. That's just wrong in my opinion.

It's f***ed up, I know. In my heart, I know it's wrong. It's a very bitter pill and I am choking on it. I know I am waiving a Right of mine, my wife's, my daughter's and then some. The only consolation I have to offer is to continue digging and share what I learn. I feel ashamed and pathetic to be perfectly honest.

I wish I knew this stuff when I was single without a child. I'd be working on my response to the CP17 rather than admitting defeat. I can only ask that those on the forum understand on some level.
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2786

(bolding added)

This man has some important priorities right, in my opinion. I respect that.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm impressed, he's shown more sense here than he has in all his previous actions, and has taken a positive action for once, and is thinking of someone other than himself for once.

I still don't know what it is going to take for him to finally clue to the fact that his "educated return" is anything but. I would think that the constant failure rate for those pursuing that "position" might come as a clue, but apparently not!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I've read about at least 2 people that have gotten divorces and attribute it to, sadly, an educated return.
All joking aside, that's just sad.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And all too true, as I remember, it is more than just a couple, and I am equally certain there will be a good number more as this train wreck finally winds down to its inevitable and tragic conclusion.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Famspear wrote:This man has some important priorities right, in my opinion. I respect that.

Good for him for actually being a man and not putting his family in a bad position like some of these CTC folks do. But he still doesn't get it. In one of his responses on LH he says:
The friv penalty is complete garbage and and we do not meet the prerequisites for it at all. I can easily contest that and have faith in my knowledge and the knowledge Pete and the forum has gathered. That is not at issue whatsoever.
Anyone who can look at the abject failures of people like Pete and Doreen and Patrick Mooney and all the others slapped with fines and penalties or prison time and still think that tey can "easily contest" a friv pen is a nut. Until he gets it he's going to keep trying these sorts of little games. Hopefully his clearly more sensible wife will hold him in check.

I do wonder now if he's going to go back to his boss and say "my bad, I'm employee now."
Omne
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Omne »

ashlynne39 wrote:Well thank goodness at least one wife had the courage and brains to say no thank you to the BS that is the tax cheater.
I was in a conference room once with a protester and his newer (non protester) wife. He was working out filing his missing returns and setting up a payment plan with me for the prior several years. I asked him what changed his mind and his wife piped in with " I told him if he didn't clear this up he was going to be out on the street before he knew what hit him."

He cleared everything up and stayed out of trouble after that.

Sometimes the spouses help a lot.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I don't have any evidence, but I get the general feeling that a lot of tax deniers are domineering husbands with wives that do as their told. Stepford Tax Spouses?
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

He should start redeeming lawful money. The problem with Pete's CtC stuff is that he expects his following to stand up in tax court or even criminal court with his private, old and worn out interpretations of the IRC that any attorney would be sanctioned for wasting the court's time with. Rather than the law as found laid out plainly by Congress in 1913.

The scenario is typical for Lost Horizons though. If he slurs the CtC process he will be banished.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

David Merrill wrote:The scenario is typical for Lost Horizons though. If he slurs the CtC process he will be banished.
Sort of the same way you banished the person on your site?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

There might be something to David's "lawful money" theory.

It's a shame he never posts anything verifiable to support how it was successful -- anywhere.

Documents with every bit of identifying information redacted are worth no more than photoshopped pictures of flying saucers.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

David will post something verifiable to prove the correctness of his hypotheses when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. He has been challenged for proof more times than I can remember; and all that he ever offers us is bafflegab, mock-legal jargon and documents photoshopped and redacted to a fare-thee-well.

He cannot, or will not, understand that the ONLY form of proof that will convince ANY sane Quatlooser is a link to an unreversed appellate court decision which supports his claims, or at least a copy of a favorable court decision, redacted only to remove his home address. No legal dictionary excerpts, no courthouse trash can finds, no bare assertions.

In short, it is impossible for him to provide this proof. One can only hope that, like justinprime, David and others like him will at least grudgingly accept what they so despise.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools