CTC Warrior "Corrects" Walter E. Williams on Income Tax

Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

CTC Warrior "Corrects" Walter E. Williams on Income Tax

Post by Quixote »

Walter E. Williams, in a column opposing NTSB lobbying efforts in favor of a ban on cell phone usewhile driving, managed to write two mostly fact free paragraphs about the federal income tax. CTC Warrior JHV says he pointed out several errors made by Mr. Williams and directed him to http://howyoubecomeliable.com/ .
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: CTC Warrior "Corrects" Walter E. Williams on Income Tax

Post by wserra »

Walter E. Williams wrote:The fact of the matter is that the founders of our nation so feared the imposition of direct taxes, such as an income tax, that Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution says, "No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken."
During the Grover Cleveland administration, Congress enacted the Income Tax Act of 1894. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional in 1895. It took the 16th Amendment (1913) to make permanent what the founders feared.
:roll:
Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University.
So much for economists and the law. I would have thought that was the Crackhead.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:
Walter E. Williams wrote:The fact of the matter is that the founders of our nation so feared the imposition of direct taxes, such as an income tax, that Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution says, "No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken."
During the Grover Cleveland administration, Congress enacted the Income Tax Act of 1894. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional in 1895. It took the 16th Amendment (1913) to make permanent what the founders feared.
:roll:
Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University.
So much for economists and the law. I would have thought that was the Crackhead.
Yes.

:oops:

Professor Williams might want to avoid dabbling in the history of the Constitution and the nuances of court decisions -- and stick to economics.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

wserra wrote:So much for economists and the law. I would have thought that was the Crackhead.
I think you can safely add history to that list as well, thus having a trifecta of ignorance.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

But apparently he does have quite a bit to say about racism, not the racism that whites hold against blacks. The racism that blacks hold because they are black.

http://www.creators.com/opinion/walter- ... ology.html
Many black students are alien and hostile to the education process. They are permitted to make education impossible for other students. Their misbehavior and violence require schools to divert resources away from education and spend them on security, such as hiring school police and purchasing metal detectors, all of which does little for school safety.
And also quite a bit on Obama's "subtle" racial antics.

http://www.creators.com/opinion/walter- ... itics.html
Obama's presidency represents the first time in our history that a person could have been elected to that office who had long-standing close associations with people who hate our nation. I'm speaking of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for 20 years, who preached that blacks should sing not "God Bless America," but "God damn America."
Maybe he should have stuck to what he knew and stayed away from Constitutional law.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"